Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
PM ignore list
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

 


jt512


Dec 11, 2006, 8:46 AM
Post #1 of 45 (3270 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21904

PM ignore list
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've got some retard sending me repeated harassing PMs. Do we have a PM ignore list or killfile, as we did on the old site? If not, could one be implemented - soon!

Jay


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 9:45 AM
Post #2 of 45 (3257 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [jt512] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

rad! Is it an irate skydiver who migrated over here to dropclimbing.com, or is a n00b you burned?

Laugh


rokgot


Dec 11, 2006, 9:46 AM
Post #3 of 45 (3257 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2006
Posts: 47

Re: [jt512] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ah, you seem to love to be quite an abrasive ass in the forums, but you don't like feedback on your comments...

isn't that abit hypocritical, you should be willing to take as much as you like to dish out

or isn't that fair to your feelings

well, there is capri-suns and orange slices over by your moms van, i'm sure there is a trophy for you and everyone else too (even though no one kept score)


jakedatc


Dec 11, 2006, 9:56 AM
Post #4 of 45 (3250 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 11054

Re: [caughtinside] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
rad! Is it an irate skydiver who migrated over here to dropclimbing.com, or is a n00b you burned?

Laugh

nOOb it seems but not who he burned.. just someone all butthurt about bad sentence structure ;) .. lol registering just to pull out the grammar card against JT Crazy BRILLIANT!


(This post was edited by jakedatc on Dec 11, 2006, 9:57 AM)


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #5 of 45 (3242 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [rokgot] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

rokgot wrote:
ah, you seem to love to be quite an abrasive ass in the forums, but you don't like feedback on your comments...

isn't that abit hypocritical, you should be willing to take as much as you like to dish out

or isn't that fair to your feelings

well, there is capri-suns and orange slices over by your moms van, i'm sure there is a trophy for you and everyone else too (even though no one kept score)

You're making friends all over the place jay! But I'm sure the capri-sun will cheer you up. Pirate


fenix83
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #6 of 45 (3235 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2004
Posts: 2397

Re: [jt512] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Jay,

If you feel you are being harassed by another user please forward the pertinent message/s to myself or any other mod so that the issue may be investigated.

-F


Partner coldclimb


Dec 11, 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #7 of 45 (3212 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 14, 2002
Posts: 6909

Re: [fenix83] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What happened to the "Mr. Bill" feature that was so useful for reporting PM harrassment previously?

Oh yeah... It wasn't coded into the new site... nevermind. Tongue


fenix83
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #8 of 45 (3210 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2004
Posts: 2397

Re: [coldclimb] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just realized that and have already requested it be added to the upper portion of the coding "To do" list...

-F


reno


Dec 11, 2006, 1:13 PM
Post #9 of 45 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [coldclimb] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

coldclimb wrote:
What happened to the "Mr. Bill" feature that was so useful for reporting PM harrassment previously?

Oh yeah... It wasn't coded into the new site... nevermind. Tongue

Yeah, yeah.... Coldclimb, the software that runs the new site does not come included with all the old features. People are working on it, so give 'em a freaking break already.

What good are fancy features if the site doesn't work? Better to have fewer features and a site that loads than a site replete with features but broken.


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 1:23 PM
Post #10 of 45 (3195 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [reno] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ever the yes-man.

keep up the good work reno.


reno


Dec 11, 2006, 1:24 PM
Post #11 of 45 (3194 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [caughtinside] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bite me, caughtinside.


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 1:41 PM
Post #12 of 45 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [reno] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hahahaha.

maybe you should just put some of your schtick about how we're all complainers and the site is just so great now in your signature. You blab it out in every post anyway, might as well just make it automatic.


fenix83
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 2:00 PM
Post #13 of 45 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2004
Posts: 2397

Re: [caughtinside] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Come on now, get off it! This thread was started with a legitimate concern, unless you have something to add to it or about it, take your crap elsewhere.

Whatever your personal issues, this is not the forum or thread to discuss it guys, take it outside.

-F


jt512


Dec 11, 2006, 2:01 PM
Post #14 of 45 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21904

Re: [fenix83] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

fenix83 wrote:
Jay,

If you feel you are being harassed by another user please forward the pertinent message/s to myself or any other mod so that the issue may be investigated.

-F

Thanks, but there is no need to make a Federal case out this. We just need the ability to make our own determinations who we want, and do not want, to receive PMs from. A simple email-like junk-message filter would suffice.

Jay


climbsomething


Dec 11, 2006, 2:05 PM
Post #15 of 45 (3173 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 8588

Re: [rokgot] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

rokgot wrote:
ah, you seem to love to be quite an abrasive ass in the forums, but you don't like feedback on your comments...

isn't that abit hypocritical, you should be willing to take as much as you like to dish out

or isn't that fair to your feelings

well, there is capri-suns and orange slices over by your moms van, i'm sure there is a trophy for you and everyone else too (even though no one kept score)
What's your real username there, rokgot? He who only registered today...


fenix83
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 2:05 PM
Post #16 of 45 (3171 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2004
Posts: 2397

Re: [jt512] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Alright, as long as you know you can always bring that up with the "staff", evil as we are.

-F


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 2:07 PM
Post #17 of 45 (3168 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [fenix83] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

fenix83 wrote:
Come on now, get off it! This thread was started with a legitimate concern, unless you have something to add to it or about it, take your crap elsewhere.

Whatever your personal issues, this is not the forum or thread to discuss it guys, take it outside.

-F

Yeah, yeah.... fenix83, the software that runs the new site does not come included with all the old features. People are working on it, so give 'em a freaking break already.

What good are fancy features if the site doesn't work? Better to have fewer features and a site that loads than a site replete with features but broken.

Oops, I mean, bite me, or something? This is a discussion forum, yes?


fenix83
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 2:10 PM
Post #18 of 45 (3163 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2004
Posts: 2397

Re: [caughtinside] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

^^^ I have no idea what the hell any of that meant...

-F


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 2:12 PM
Post #19 of 45 (3160 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [fenix83] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

you have to read up about 8 or 9 posts.

THE NEW SITE IS GREAT AND YOU LOVE IT SO JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.


Partner philbox
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 4:31 PM
Post #20 of 45 (3134 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 26, 2002
Posts: 13105

Re: [caughtinside] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Phil rolls eyes and finds himself starting to avoid checking out the suggestions forum.


I agree with Jay that it would be excellent to have this feature for PMs and for that matter the Email facility on the site. It would be nice to have all the old features back but it will take time.

Oh yes, the new site is rad and I love it. Wink


caughtinside


Dec 11, 2006, 4:33 PM
Post #21 of 45 (3131 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [philbox] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

phil,

you must protect us from alexmac! this jackass sends unsolicited pm's, and knows next to nothing about climbing. If you believe him, the shunt is a piece of shit and water knots are dangerous!

Plus, his english is a little funky, so I suspect he may be some manner of Frog. (ew.)

Thanks, your pal,

CIPirate


Partner the_mitt


Dec 11, 2006, 5:04 PM
Post #22 of 45 (3126 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 17, 2006
Posts: 279

Re: [philbox] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I think that a killfile for PM's and posts should be very high on the list of things to do. Many have asked for it.

Mitt


climbsomething


Dec 11, 2006, 5:07 PM
Post #23 of 45 (3124 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 8588

Re: [philbox] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

philbox wrote:
Phil rolls eyes and finds himself starting to avoid checking out the suggestions forum.
*sneaky snarky snicker*


Partner j_ung


Dec 11, 2006, 6:49 PM
Post #24 of 45 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18690

Re: [rokgot] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

rokgot wrote:
ah, you seem to love to be quite an abrasive ass in the forums, but you don't like feedback on your comments...

isn't that abit hypocritical, you should be willing to take as much as you like to dish out

or isn't that fair to your feelings

well, there is capri-suns and orange slices over by your moms van, i'm sure there is a trophy for you and everyone else too (even though no one kept score)

Feedback in a forum and harassment via PM are two different things, IMO, especially if the harassment comes from somebody who's too chicken shit to post his real name and stand behind what he writes.

Jay certainly ain't the softest puppy in the basket, but he isn't anonymous. That counts for a lot to me.


Partner philbox
Moderator

Dec 11, 2006, 8:43 PM
Post #25 of 45 (3085 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 26, 2002
Posts: 13105

Re: [j_ung] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Jay certainly ain't the softest puppy in the basket, but he isn't anonymous. That counts for a lot to me.

Yup, I agree. Generally if a new user stops by and drops a heap of useless crap in the forums I will give them the heave ho it short manner. However for the long term members I extend to them the benefit of their history on the site. Thus if a user can get over the first 6 months or so and build up a beneficial history to the site they fare a lot better when misunderstandings happen. Is this discrimination, perhaps it is. Do I care, nuh, see my sig.


Partner coldclimb


Dec 11, 2006, 9:42 PM
Post #26 of 45 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 14, 2002
Posts: 6909

Re: [philbox] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

philbox wrote:
However for the long term members I extend to them the benefit of their history on the site.

You're a good man, Phil. Tongue Would that the rest of the internet admins were as wise as yourself.


thomasribiere


Dec 12, 2006, 3:20 AM
Post #27 of 45 (2249 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 24, 2002
Posts: 9306

Re: [caughtinside] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Plus, his english is a little funky, so I suspect he may be some manner of Frog. (ew.)

Fry the Frogs!


fenix83
Moderator

Dec 12, 2006, 7:44 AM
Post #28 of 45 (2230 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2004
Posts: 2397

Re: [thomasribiere] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

thomasribiere wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Plus, his english is a little funky, so I suspect he may be some manner of Frog. (ew.)

Fry the Frogs!

You hungry Thomas? Wink

-F


reno


Dec 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #29 of 45 (2213 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [jt512] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
I've got some retard sending me repeated harassing PMs. Do we have a PM ignore list or killfile, as we did on the old site? If not, could one be implemented - soon!

Jay: Check your PMs.


markc


Dec 19, 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #30 of 45 (2164 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 2481

Re: [jt512] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
fenix83 wrote:
Jay,

If you feel you are being harassed by another user please forward the pertinent message/s to myself or any other mod so that the issue may be investigated.

-F

Thanks, but there is no need to make a Federal case out this. We just need the ability to make our own determinations who we want, and do not want, to receive PMs from. A simple email-like junk-message filter would suffice.

Jay

Right. I don't get a lot of annoying PMs. If I did, I wouldn't want to run and tattle. I'd just want the ability to block someone that wouldn't take a hint that it's not cool. I wouldn't necessarily want to get someone kicked off even if I thought he was an ass.


reno


Dec 19, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #31 of 45 (2153 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [markc] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

markc wrote:
Right. I don't get a lot of annoying PMs. If I did, I wouldn't want to run and tattle. I'd just want the ability to block someone that wouldn't take a hint that it's not cool. I wouldn't necessarily want to get someone kicked off even if I thought he was an ass.

Honorable stance, Mark, and I admire that.

But, just to be clear, there is a difference between someone being an ass via PMs and someone harassing another via PMs.

The former? Well (to borrow a phrase), put on your big girl panties and suck it up, princess.

The latter? Shit like that ain't welcome here. '

Everyone here is mature enough and smart enough to know the difference.


markc


Dec 20, 2006, 7:12 AM
Post #32 of 45 (2126 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 2481

Re: [reno] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

reno wrote:
markc wrote:
Right. I don't get a lot of annoying PMs. If I did, I wouldn't want to run and tattle. I'd just want the ability to block someone that wouldn't take a hint that it's not cool. I wouldn't necessarily want to get someone kicked off even if I thought he was an ass.

Honorable stance, Mark, and I admire that.

But, just to be clear, there is a difference between someone being an ass via PMs and someone harassing another via PMs.

The former? Well (to borrow a phrase), put on your big girl panties and suck it up, princess.

The latter? Shit like that ain't welcome here. '

Everyone here is mature enough and smart enough to know the difference.

It's you're last sentence I have an issue with. (Well, there are others, but I'll start there.) Harassment is largely in the eye of the beholder. Someone could send both of us the exact same message, and we could have very different reactions. Is one necessarily less valid? When exactly does it go from 'being an ass' to 'harassment'?

I agree that if someone feels harassed they should take action. It would be good if there was a middle ground between tolerating someone's repeated messages and reporting him/her to a mod. I didn't have occasion to use the killfile on the old site, but I think it's a useful tool for the boards, and especially for PMs.


Partner j_ung


Dec 20, 2006, 7:38 AM
Post #33 of 45 (2115 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18690

Re: [markc] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

markc wrote:
Harassment is largely in the eye of the beholder. Someone could send both of us the exact same message, and we could have very different reactions. Is one necessarily less valid? When exactly does it go from 'being an ass' to 'harassment'?

I think that's true up to a point. If the recipient asks the sender to knock it off and he doesn't, then I think he's crossed a pretty clear line regardless of the nature of the messages.


dingus


Dec 20, 2006, 8:00 AM
Post #34 of 45 (2106 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17398

Re: [coldclimb] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just post those PMs for all to see jt512. Out the fucker. It isn't hallowed ground.

DMT


markc


Dec 20, 2006, 8:15 AM
Post #35 of 45 (2100 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 2481

Re: [j_ung] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
markc wrote:
Harassment is largely in the eye of the beholder. Someone could send both of us the exact same message, and we could have very different reactions. Is one necessarily less valid? When exactly does it go from 'being an ass' to 'harassment'?

I think that's true up to a point. If the recipient asks the sender to knock it off and he doesn't, then I think he's crossed a pretty clear line regardless of the nature of the messages.

Agreed. I think both the killfile and 'report harassment' tools would be valuable additions. (As well as the 'My Threads' feature, and the fuller thread view when drafting a reply, and...)

dingus wrote:
Just post those PMs for all to see jt512. Out the fucker. It isn't hallowed ground.

I generally think posting PMs is in bad taste, but I'm all for it when someone uses the usual PM etiquette to hide behind. If you're not going to play nice, why the hell should other people be held to a different standard?


Partner j_ung


Dec 20, 2006, 2:54 PM
Post #36 of 45 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18690

Re: [dingus] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I agree completely. People need to stand behind what they write, or not write it. Hiding behind PM customs is chickenshit.


climbsomething


Dec 20, 2006, 9:10 PM
Post #37 of 45 (2062 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 8588

Re: [dingus] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
Just post those PMs for all to see jt512. Out the fucker. It isn't hallowed ground.

DMT
They're not my PMs to share (and I don't even know what they say), but forum search alexmac and you'll see that he has created a recent flame history with Jay.

I'm biased, but nonetheless, I think Jay's comments toward Alex are fair enough, and neither gumby nor vaguely delusional. The reverse... well, you make your own decision on that.


Partner holdplease2


Dec 21, 2006, 8:58 PM
Post #38 of 45 (2028 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 17, 2002
Posts: 1733

Re: [reno] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

reno wrote:
jt512 wrote:
I've got some retard sending me repeated harassing PMs. Do we have a PM ignore list or killfile, as we did on the old site? If not, could one be implemented - soon!

Jay: Check your PMs.

Ok, now that was funny. Laugh

-Kate.


tradrenn


Dec 25, 2006, 5:04 PM
Post #39 of 45 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 15, 2005
Posts: 2990

Re: [climbsomething] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm also getting PM from Alexmac and I would appreciate if I had an option to killfile that user.

Also how many posts by Majid_Sabet do I have to read before I go nuts ?

Last version of this site used to have "PM killfile" and "Forum Killfile", I think it would be good enough if you combine those 2 into one thing.

I have noticed how much better this site is without "Dirtineye" , it seems to me that a saying "One bad apple can spoil entire basket", describes it very well, therefore killfiling some users will be way better then fighting with them.

Thank you for considering my opinion.


(This post was edited by tradrenn on Dec 25, 2006, 5:06 PM)


Partner alexmac


Dec 25, 2006, 9:23 PM
Post #40 of 45 (1967 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 550

Re: [tradrenn] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tradrenn wrote:
I'm also getting PM from Alexmac and I would appreciate if I had an option to killfile that user.

Also how many posts by Majid_Sabet do I have to read before I go nuts ?

Last version of this site used to have "PM killfile" and "Forum Killfile", I think it would be good enough if you combine those 2 into one thing.

I have noticed how much better this site is without "Dirtineye" , it seems to me that a saying "One bad apple can spoil entire basket", describes it very well, therefore killfiling some users will be way better then fighting with them.

Thank you for considering my opinion.

I'd actually like to see people not use others names in tag lines nor allow people like JT to use the woork noob or other terms; enforce the rules that are posted.

I have told jt512 don't like then get a lawyer or just ignore me and I ignore you; but not gonna let you bully me in away jay.


(This post was edited by alexmac on Dec 25, 2006, 9:39 PM)


tradrenn


Dec 28, 2006, 8:28 PM
Post #41 of 45 (1911 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 15, 2005
Posts: 2990

Re: [alexmac] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

alexmac wrote:
I'd actually like to see people not use others names in tag lines nor allow people like JT to use the woork noob or other terms; enforce the rules that are posted.

We have been doing that since I can remember, it's not like all of us will change that just for you + honestly what's wrong with me writhing Alexmac or JT512 or Angry or Curt ? You get my drift.

BTW WTF was your point in quoting my post in your last post in this thread ?

JT I think is time for a bump.

alexmac wrote:
I have told jt512 don't like then get a lawyer or just ignore me and I ignore you; but not gonna let you bully me in away jay.

That does not make any sense, you can not post stupid/unsafe info That's it, very simple rule if you ask me.

BUMP

Where the hell is my PM killfile clicky thingy ?

Thanks.


(This post was edited by tradrenn on Dec 28, 2006, 8:30 PM)


Partner the_mitt


Dec 28, 2006, 8:55 PM
Post #42 of 45 (1906 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 17, 2006
Posts: 279

Re: [tradrenn] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would pay money for a killfile pm killfile. Oh wait I already did.....

Mitt


Partner alexmac


Dec 29, 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #43 of 45 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 550

Re: [the_mitt] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the_mitt wrote:
I would pay money for a killfile pm killfile. Oh wait I already did.....

Mitt

Trophy. oh wait those are gone too..


veganboyjosh


Dec 29, 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #44 of 45 (1875 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2003
Posts: 1421

Re: [alexmac] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

alexmac wrote:
I'd actually like to see people not use others names in tag lines

in the same sentence, alexmac wrote:
nor allow people like JT to use the woork noob or other terms; enforce the rules that are posted.

alexmac wrote:
I have told jt512 don't like then get a lawyer or just ignore me and I ignore you; but not gonna let you bully me in away jay.

can't have it both ways, dude.

(edited to fix my craphole php skillz.)


(This post was edited by veganboyjosh on Dec 29, 2006, 12:40 PM)


Partner alexmac


Dec 29, 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #45 of 45 (1873 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 550

Re: [veganboyjosh] PM ignore list [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

veganboyjosh wrote:
alexmac wrote:
I'd actually like to see people not use others names in tag lines

[quote"in the same sentence, alexmac"] nor allow people like JT to use the woork noob or other terms; enforce the rules that are posted.

[quote="alexmac"]I have told jt512 don't like then get a lawyer or just ignore me and I ignore you; but not gonna let you bully me in away jay.
can't have it both ways, dude.oh exactly :)


Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook