Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All


chossmonkey


Aug 6, 2008, 4:00 AM
Post #5651 of 26795 (4080 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2003
Posts: 28414

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

I'm sleepy


granite_grrl


Aug 6, 2008, 4:13 AM
Post #5652 of 26795 (4077 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

     Re: [caughtinside] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

caughtinside wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I was telling Nathan about this photo yesterday when he was working the monunment.

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/4/385104-largest_bash291smbs7.jpg[/image]
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ace_Roof_100175.html

He's going backwards. Its kinda like that posed photo of Sonnie Trotter on the Monument. It is assumed it is posed 'cause there's really no way to climb it facing the direction he's in.

I wish I could find that photo of Sonnie....maybe someone else can cough it up.
Sometimes it is easier to pull the lip feet first. Its impossible to tell from that pic. It is a shitty pic anyway so I doubt it is posed.

I think the caption on this said it was the successful FA ascent.

If you check out the youtubes of Separate Reality (there are a couple very good ones) everyone pulls the roof feet first.
I will admit I have never climbed any roofs such as these. Thanks for the edjamacation.


chossmonkey


Aug 6, 2008, 4:25 AM
Post #5653 of 26795 (4076 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2003
Posts: 28414

     Re: [granite_grrl] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I was telling Nathan about this photo yesterday when he was working the monunment.

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/4/385104-largest_bash291smbs7.jpg[/image]
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ace_Roof_100175.html

He's going backwards. Its kinda like that posed photo of Sonnie Trotter on the Monument. It is assumed it is posed 'cause there's really no way to climb it facing the direction he's in.

I wish I could find that photo of Sonnie....maybe someone else can cough it up.
Sometimes it is easier to pull the lip feet first. Its impossible to tell from that pic. It is a shitty pic anyway so I doubt it is posed.

I think the caption on this said it was the successful FA ascent.

If you check out the youtubes of Separate Reality (there are a couple very good ones) everyone pulls the roof feet first.
I will admit I have never climbed any roofs such as these. Thanks for the edjamacation.
You're welcome.


granite_grrl


Aug 6, 2008, 4:27 AM
Post #5654 of 26795 (4074 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.

I'd be down with that.

I need more ice screws though.


chossmonkey


Aug 6, 2008, 4:48 AM
Post #5655 of 26795 (4071 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2003
Posts: 28414

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.
Cool your jets!!


You'll be doing good to get out again this year. There is no sense in going crazy with your one time out.

Tongue


the_climber


Aug 6, 2008, 8:07 AM
Post #5656 of 26795 (4065 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
I'M EITHER GOING TO HAVE TO LEAVE EARLY, OR KNOCK THE FUCK OUT A FEW OF MY CO-WORKERS.

One or the other. This day is shit.
I'm surprised you ax isn't out in the truck.

Well, um... it does happen to be out there.... it would kind of tip them off though wouldn't it.


the_climber


Aug 6, 2008, 8:18 AM
Post #5657 of 26795 (4064 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
New better job may be on it's way. Interview is sounding more and more like a formality than anything else.

So, if I get this new Jorb I'll have:

The same benefits
At least the same base salary (likely more)
Extra pay while in the field, including expences, lodging, ect. plus per deim (sp?)
2 weeks in the field 2 weeks out (might be 2 in 1 out, I'll ahve to ask at the meeting/interview)
Will be getting paid to ride around on Argo's, Quads, Swamp Buggy type things with big ass tracks, and drve to and from areas in 4x4's
And will be doing a bunch of geophysical/geological Surveys
Two weeks away at work, two weeks away climbing. Sounds good, but the Mrs. isn't going to like it much. Unless she has a BF of course.

I don't think I'll be away climbing the whole 2 weeks I'm back. Besides for the first couple years we were together I was doing mostly field work, including a couple 8 weeks at at time stints in the Yukon and NWT. We made it through that just fine.
Only because she had a BF, don't kid yourself.

Haha, no... we were pretty casual in our first couple years. She had gone on a date or two while I was on one 8 week stint in the field, then phoned me both times to complain about how board she was and to ask how to she should ditch the guy and get out of there.

After that it's been just me and her.


Arrogant_Bastard


Aug 6, 2008, 9:08 AM
Post #5658 of 26795 (4050 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2007
Posts: 19994

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
It was obviously a trap.

I've renounced the PTFTW. Now it's all about the anti-PTFTW.

Viva la revolution!
That is so last year.

Being ahead of the times was so two years ago. Being behind the times will soon be the new rage. So I'm ahead of the times being behind the times. It's the new. So stick that in your paradoxical pipe and smoke it.
yikes. that whole concept is a little freaky, yet logical Crazy bet it make sense if you were high
Or a spambot.

j3Luz!


dr_feelgood


Aug 6, 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #5659 of 26795 (4043 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.
Cool your jets!!


You'll be doing good to get out again this year. There is no sense in going crazy with your one time out.

Tongue
toady talks a big game.


Partner artm


Aug 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #5660 of 26795 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 22, 2001
Posts: 17990

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
And it is Partygirl's b-day.
Happy bday Witchy-poo!
Thank you art. Even though I'm reading this 2 weeks after that fact.
Did you get anything cool?
yep, new climbing shoez
Iz climer nut shooz!


chossmonkey


Aug 6, 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #5661 of 26795 (4027 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2003
Posts: 28414

     Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
I'M EITHER GOING TO HAVE TO LEAVE EARLY, OR KNOCK THE FUCK OUT A FEW OF MY CO-WORKERS.

One or the other. This day is shit.
I'm surprised you ax isn't out in the truck.

Well, um... it does happen to be out there.... it would kind of tip them off though wouldn't it.
You know enough not to leave any witnesses.

That said, if you were the only survivor in your office you might be suspected.


chossmonkey


Aug 6, 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #5662 of 26795 (4027 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2003
Posts: 28414

     Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.
Cool your jets!!


You'll be doing good to get out again this year. There is no sense in going crazy with your one time out.

Tongue
toady talks a big game.
Yeah she does. Remember how she was going to go to Pont Rouge?


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #5663 of 26795 (4017 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
I am one hurt unit today. My whole body is sore. I'm kinda happy we didn't have all three days this weekend.


Bec repeated her hardest RP and made some good progress on her new project. I onsighted two 7b's on sunday. Even if Jack downrates them to 7a+ its still the first time I've onsighted two on the same day. Monday I cleaned the mud and cobwebs out of the Monument and started taking my licks again on that.
glad to hear you got on it again. Did you have visions of your meatbomz?
Not to much
glad to hear it. You going back this weekend?


Arrogant_Bastard


Aug 6, 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #5664 of 26795 (4011 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2007
Posts: 19994

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 




obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #5665 of 26795 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
finally caught up! Just in time to go on 2 weeks vacation at the end of the week.
Do you ever work?
As little as possible.


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #5666 of 26795 (4002 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [granite_grrl] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.

I'd be down with that.

I need more ice screws though.
christmas is coming!


the_climber


Aug 6, 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #5667 of 26795 (4000 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
finally caught up! Just in time to go on 2 weeks vacation at the end of the week.
Do you ever work?
As little as possible.

What about when you're on you back?Shocked


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #5668 of 26795 (3999 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.
Cool your jets!!


You'll be doing good to get out again this year. There is no sense in going crazy with your one time out.

Tongue
NO. Your'e just jeluz cuz you can't go. but in fact you could go if you put on your girly clothes that you normally just wear inside the house!


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #5669 of 26795 (3997 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
New better job may be on it's way. Interview is sounding more and more like a formality than anything else.

So, if I get this new Jorb I'll have:

The same benefits
At least the same base salary (likely more)
Extra pay while in the field, including expences, lodging, ect. plus per deim (sp?)
2 weeks in the field 2 weeks out (might be 2 in 1 out, I'll ahve to ask at the meeting/interview)
Will be getting paid to ride around on Argo's, Quads, Swamp Buggy type things with big ass tracks, and drve to and from areas in 4x4's
And will be doing a bunch of geophysical/geological Surveys
Two weeks away at work, two weeks away climbing. Sounds good, but the Mrs. isn't going to like it much. Unless she has a BF of course.

I don't think I'll be away climbing the whole 2 weeks I'm back. Besides for the first couple years we were together I was doing mostly field work, including a couple 8 weeks at at time stints in the Yukon and NWT. We made it through that just fine.
Only because she had a BF, don't kid yourself.

Haha, no... we were pretty casual in our first couple years. She had gone on a date or two while I was on one 8 week stint in the field, then phoned me both times to complain about how board she was and to ask how to she should ditch the guy and get out of there.

After that it's been just me and her.
aww thats a sweet story. off to clean up the vomit on my desk now...


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #5670 of 26795 (3995 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.
Cool your jets!!


You'll be doing good to get out again this year. There is no sense in going crazy with your one time out.

Tongue
toady talks a big game.
Look who's talking, you...you...boulderer!


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #5671 of 26795 (3993 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [artm] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

artm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
And it is Partygirl's b-day.
Happy bday Witchy-poo!
Thank you art. Even though I'm reading this 2 weeks after that fact.
Did you get anything cool?
yep, new climbing shoez
Iz climer nut shooz!
ya, ya, so you keep saying. In some cases yes, in my case I need all the help I can get!


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #5672 of 26795 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
when is it?
Next ice season.Tongue
Jan9-11

http://www.ourayicefestival.com/
You should go.
I think us girls should go to chicks with picks this year. looks like a blast.
Cool your jets!!


You'll be doing good to get out again this year. There is no sense in going crazy with your one time out.

Tongue
toady talks a big game.
Yeah she does. Remember how she was going to go to Pont Rouge?
Let me see...I do believe I had to chose between Vegas or Point rouge. There was no competition.


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 1:00 PM
Post #5673 of 26795 (3989 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

hahaha There ya go chossy. You could wear that pink number and come to chicks with picks no problem!


obsessed


Aug 6, 2008, 1:01 PM
Post #5674 of 26795 (3987 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

     Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
finally caught up! Just in time to go on 2 weeks vacation at the end of the week.
Do you ever work?
As little as possible.

What about when you're on you back?Shocked
again, as little as possible.


the_climber


Aug 6, 2008, 1:12 PM
Post #5675 of 26795 (3982 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

     Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post
 

obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
And it is Partygirl's b-day.
Happy bday Witchy-poo!
Thank you art. Even though I'm reading this 2 weeks after that fact.
Did you get anything cool?
yep, new climbing shoez
Iz climer nut shooz!
ya, ya, so you keep saying. In some cases yes, in my case I need all the help I can get!

IZ not shooz, iz climber!

First page Previous page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook