Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All


climbingtrash


Mar 14, 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #44726 of 45337 (5150 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [erisspirit] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW?!?


climbingtrash


Mar 14, 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #44727 of 45337 (5150 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [Gmburns2000] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wo0?!?


climbingtrash


Mar 14, 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #44728 of 45337 (5148 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 5114

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?

I went up first. Kids are to finish off school, then sell off Ca and move to Id.
But as most are aware, in the meantime I broke my R tibia skiing 3 weeks after I got there. Mad
So I'm temp back in ca to recover, as I can't put any weight on it. Plus I broke a bone in the R wrist for good measure. Can't put weight on it either. So I'm rolling on a walker with a elbow rest. Unsure
So a somewhat complicated move, just got more comlpicated.


you're a mess!!Shocked. here's to a speedy recovery mate!
yes quite so. basically half the man I used to be. The left half.

Yeah, sorry to hear about yore predicament. That sucks.


donald949


Mar 14, 2014, 3:40 PM
Post #44729 of 45337 (5138 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [erisspirit] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
found an apartment we are thinking might be nice to rent...

can't get a hold of the leasing office...

at all

been trying for a week and a half. I've only bothered that long because I haven't found anything else yet.

I get a hold of the main office... that apparently is different from the local office? and they are totally mortified... but still nothing Frown

was really hoping to have everything figured out before the wedding...

well... I guess there is more house hunting in my future...


got a hold of them... got rejected... they wont say why...

neither of us has a terrible history, or are criminals but hey...

sooo still on a house hunt... WEEEE might be homeless in boulder!

ok... that actually might make me fit in...
Congrats on the upcoming wedding, honeymoon, new job, new home, and everything else I missed.
Praying your move works out a whole bunch better than mine.


donald949


Mar 14, 2014, 3:42 PM
Post #44730 of 45337 (5136 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
found an apartment we are thinking might be nice to rent...

can't get a hold of the leasing office...

at all

been trying for a week and a half. I've only bothered that long because I haven't found anything else yet.

I get a hold of the main office... that apparently is different from the local office? and they are totally mortified... but still nothing Frown

was really hoping to have everything figured out before the wedding...

well... I guess there is more house hunting in my future...


got a hold of them... got rejected... they wont say why...

neither of us has a terrible history, or are criminals but hey...

sooo still on a house hunt... WEEEE might be homeless in boulder!

ok... that actually might make me fit in...
Congrats on the upcoming wedding, honeymoon, new job, new home, and everything else I missed.
Praying your move works out a whole bunch better than mine.
Although I realize the fall could have been a hole lot werse. I had left the ski helmet back in CA. Thanking the good Lord above I didn't hit my head on teh way down the snow...


donald949


Mar 14, 2014, 3:43 PM
Post #44731 of 45337 (5134 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [climbingtrash] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?

I went up first. Kids are to finish off school, then sell off Ca and move to Id.
But as most are aware, in the meantime I broke my R tibia skiing 3 weeks after I got there. Mad
So I'm temp back in ca to recover, as I can't put any weight on it. Plus I broke a bone in the R wrist for good measure. Can't put weight on it either. So I'm rolling on a walker with a elbow rest. Unsure
So a somewhat complicated move, just got more comlpicated.


you're a mess!!Shocked. here's to a speedy recovery mate!
yes quite so. basically half the man I used to be. The left half.

Yeah, sorry to hear about yore predicament. That sucks.
Thanks man.


donald949


Mar 14, 2014, 3:46 PM
Post #44732 of 45337 (5132 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [climbingtrash] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
PTFTW teh hole thing?!?
Hey trash, I stopped by Snow Canyon per your suggestion very cool state park.
But WTHeck is up with St George? Everything is built on top of everything else. Seriously you couldn't shoe horn another condo or McD's in anywhere if you tried. Crazy

That iz why I live up river. But teh building has picked back up down there...the housing market is boiling again and gnew people moving in awl teh tyme. Expect two see moar shoe horning of teh same fore awl teh new comers. wo0! fore progress!!1
Crazy


edge


Mar 14, 2014, 8:42 PM
Post #44733 of 45337 (5112 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?

I went up first. Kids are to finish off school, then sell off Ca and move to Id.
But as most are aware, in the meantime I broke my R tibia skiing 3 weeks after I got there. Mad
So I'm temp back in ca to recover, as I can't put any weight on it. Plus I broke a bone in the R wrist for good measure. Can't put weight on it either. So I'm rolling on a walker with a elbow rest. Unsure
So a somewhat complicated move, just got more comlpicated.


you're a mess!!Shocked. here's to a speedy recovery mate!
yes quite so. basically half the man I used to be. The left half.

Yeah, sorry to hear about yore predicament. That sucks.
Thanks man.

Careful while you rehab! Lindsey Vonn also messed herself up skiing, and the next thing ya know she's boinking Tiger Woods. Don't answer any phone calls with a Florida area code.


edge


Mar 14, 2014, 8:44 PM
Post #44734 of 45337 (5110 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just heard from a former client that a couple of rooms I built were featured in NH Home magazine. Witness:

http://www.nhhomemagazine.com/...keover-for-a-family/


Partner macherry


Mar 15, 2014, 6:39 AM
Post #44735 of 45337 (5098 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
I just heard from a former client that a couple of rooms I built were featured in NH Home magazine. Witness:

http://www.nhhomemagazine.com/...keover-for-a-family/

holy crap, people actually live like this? strong work edge. i hope they paid you well


edge


Mar 15, 2014, 8:12 AM
Post #44736 of 45337 (5090 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
I just heard from a former client that a couple of rooms I built were featured in NH Home magazine. Witness:

http://www.nhhomemagazine.com/...keover-for-a-family/

holy crap, people actually live like this? strong work edge. i hope they paid you well

Yeah, before I left NH I was getting pretty disgusted working for the high end consumers and their excesses and wastefulness. The problem is they have the best jobs in terms of design, materials, and taking things through to full potential. Those are the jobs where I separate myself from the bulk of the field.

Right now I am doing the flooring, tile, stair rail, prefab kitchen cabinets, doors, trim, and running the subcontractors on a house that was gutted by fire, belonging to a single mom of two young boys. It's fast, honest work, but the stock doors, trim, and cabinets are complete crap.

Meeting some peeps in a couple hours to discuss a coffee table design. I also have a bed and nightstand to deliver to Sacramento once I spray on the finish, but it's a 20 hour, 1000 mile drive each way, so I'm trying to plan for a few days in Yosemite after delivery.


Gmburns2000


Mar 16, 2014, 8:17 PM
Post #44737 of 45337 (5077 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
I just heard from a former client that a couple of rooms I built were featured in NH Home magazine. Witness:

http://www.nhhomemagazine.com/...keover-for-a-family/

holy crap, people actually live like this? strong work edge. i hope they paid you well

Yeah, before I left NH I was getting pretty disgusted working for the high end consumers and their excesses and wastefulness. The problem is they have the best jobs in terms of design, materials, and taking things through to full potential. Those are the jobs where I separate myself from the bulk of the field.

Right now I am doing the flooring, tile, stair rail, prefab kitchen cabinets, doors, trim, and running the subcontractors on a house that was gutted by fire, belonging to a single mom of two young boys. It's fast, honest work, but the stock doors, trim, and cabinets are complete crap.

Meeting some peeps in a couple hours to discuss a coffee table design. I also have a bed and nightstand to deliver to Sacramento once I spray on the finish, but it's a 20 hour, 1000 mile drive each way, so I'm trying to plan for a few days in Yosemite after delivery.

That's pretty sweet work. Which of those pieces did you do, or did you do everything made of wood in those pics?


edge


Mar 17, 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #44738 of 45337 (5062 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
I just heard from a former client that a couple of rooms I built were featured in NH Home magazine. Witness:

http://www.nhhomemagazine.com/...keover-for-a-family/

holy crap, people actually live like this? strong work edge. i hope they paid you well

Yeah, before I left NH I was getting pretty disgusted working for the high end consumers and their excesses and wastefulness. The problem is they have the best jobs in terms of design, materials, and taking things through to full potential. Those are the jobs where I separate myself from the bulk of the field.

Right now I am doing the flooring, tile, stair rail, prefab kitchen cabinets, doors, trim, and running the subcontractors on a house that was gutted by fire, belonging to a single mom of two young boys. It's fast, honest work, but the stock doors, trim, and cabinets are complete crap.

Meeting some peeps in a couple hours to discuss a coffee table design. I also have a bed and nightstand to deliver to Sacramento once I spray on the finish, but it's a 20 hour, 1000 mile drive each way, so I'm trying to plan for a few days in Yosemite after delivery.

That's pretty sweet work. Which of those pieces did you do, or did you do everything made of wood in those pics?

I did all of the room trim, flooring, rail, wall panels, bar, coffered ceiling, and built ins, none of the furniture. It took me six months as it was.

And this weekend I picked up the coffee table commission. Should be around 2.2K.


Gmburns2000


Mar 17, 2014, 11:50 AM
Post #44739 of 45337 (5054 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's awesome. Nice work overall.

I'm busy here trying to curate my own exhibition. I need 20-25 paintings. Not sure where they're all going to come from. I have enough, but only if I dip into my weak paintings and / or some paintings people really like but I'm skeptical of.

Still, gotta put together some stuff either way and need to come up with a name. we're thinking along the lines of "evolution" or "progress" or "growth" but we're not sure. there isn't a theme to the paintings themselves, so we need a theme for the artist. trying to put a positive spin on it. not sure what we're going to do but we need to decide soon.


edge


Mar 17, 2014, 7:21 PM
Post #44740 of 45337 (5043 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
That's awesome. Nice work overall.

I'm busy here trying to curate my own exhibition. I need 20-25 paintings. Not sure where they're all going to come from. I have enough, but only if I dip into my weak paintings and / or some paintings people really like but I'm skeptical of.

Still, gotta put together some stuff either way and need to come up with a name. we're thinking along the lines of "evolution" or "progress" or "growth" but we're not sure. there isn't a theme to the paintings themselves, so we need a theme for the artist. trying to put a positive spin on it. not sure what we're going to do but we need to decide soon.

"Bloom!" Makes the work sound like an emerging flower, and the exclamation mark makes it sound explosive. Heh.

You're welcome.


Gmburns2000


Mar 18, 2014, 6:21 AM
Post #44741 of 45337 (5029 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
That's awesome. Nice work overall.

I'm busy here trying to curate my own exhibition. I need 20-25 paintings. Not sure where they're all going to come from. I have enough, but only if I dip into my weak paintings and / or some paintings people really like but I'm skeptical of.

Still, gotta put together some stuff either way and need to come up with a name. we're thinking along the lines of "evolution" or "progress" or "growth" but we're not sure. there isn't a theme to the paintings themselves, so we need a theme for the artist. trying to put a positive spin on it. not sure what we're going to do but we need to decide soon.

"Bloom!" Makes the work sound like an emerging flower, and the exclamation mark makes it sound explosive. Heh.

You're welcome.

That's funny because today I was thinking Boom! instead.


Gmburns2000


Mar 18, 2014, 6:24 AM
Post #44742 of 45337 (5028 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [erisspirit] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

and...CONGRATS!

I hope the climbing in Tahiti is fabulous. TR with pics are required upon return.


donald949


Mar 18, 2014, 2:39 PM
Post #44743 of 45337 (5017 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?

I went up first. Kids are to finish off school, then sell off Ca and move to Id.
But as most are aware, in the meantime I broke my R tibia skiing 3 weeks after I got there. Mad
So I'm temp back in ca to recover, as I can't put any weight on it. Plus I broke a bone in the R wrist for good measure. Can't put weight on it either. So I'm rolling on a walker with a elbow rest. Unsure
So a somewhat complicated move, just got more comlpicated.


you're a mess!!Shocked. here's to a speedy recovery mate!
yes quite so. basically half the man I used to be. The left half.

Yeah, sorry to hear about yore predicament. That sucks.
Thanks man.

Careful while you rehab! Lindsey Vonn also messed herself up skiing, and the next thing ya know she's boinking Tiger Woods. Don't answer any phone calls with a Florida area code.
Solid advise. Take no calls from Tiger.
Well, yesterday was a rough day. Followed up with a local knee ortho specialist here in CA. They were fairly impressed with the quality of work done in ID. "Given what they had to work with." Apparently, in addition to the part of the tibia I completely broke appart, there are "about 20 fractures" in the top of the bone at the joint. Hence the need for all the screws to screw it all down tight. With tight not really being al that tight or back to origonal dimensions. With the end result being I'll need a knee replacement in 1-10 years, cause the joint will no longer line up properly, and wear out.
So yea, yesterday was not a good day. Today is better, but I can only take it one day at a time.


donald949


Mar 18, 2014, 2:41 PM
Post #44744 of 45337 (5015 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?

I went up first. Kids are to finish off school, then sell off Ca and move to Id.
But as most are aware, in the meantime I broke my R tibia skiing 3 weeks after I got there. Mad
So I'm temp back in ca to recover, as I can't put any weight on it. Plus I broke a bone in the R wrist for good measure. Can't put weight on it either. So I'm rolling on a walker with a elbow rest. Unsure
So a somewhat complicated move, just got more comlpicated.


you're a mess!!Shocked. here's to a speedy recovery mate!
yes quite so. basically half the man I used to be. The left half.

Yeah, sorry to hear about yore predicament. That sucks.
Thanks man.

Careful while you rehab! Lindsey Vonn also messed herself up skiing, and the next thing ya know she's boinking Tiger Woods. Don't answer any phone calls with a Florida area code.
Solid advise. Take no calls from Tiger.
Well, yesterday was a rough day. Followed up with a local knee ortho specialist here in CA. They were fairly impressed with the quality of work done in ID. "Given what they had to work with." Apparently, in addition to the part of the tibia I completely broke appart, there are "about 20 fractures" in the top of the bone at the joint. Hence the need for all the screws to screw it all down tight. With tight not really being al that tight or back to origonal dimensions. With the end result being I'll need a knee replacement in 1-10 years, cause the joint will no longer line up properly, and wear out.
So yea, yesterday was not a good day. Today is better, but I can only take it one day at a time.
The good news is the wrist is coming along fine.


donald949


Mar 18, 2014, 2:41 PM
Post #44745 of 45337 (5013 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [Gmburns2000] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
and...CONGRATS!

I hope the climbing in Tahiti is fabulous. TR with pics are required upon return.
+1


Partner macherry


Mar 18, 2014, 4:34 PM
Post #44746 of 45337 (5006 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [Gmburns2000] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
and...CONGRATS!

I hope the climbing in Tahiti is fabulous. TR with pics are required upon return.

tahiti

what did i miss


Gmburns2000


Mar 18, 2014, 6:27 PM
Post #44747 of 45337 (5002 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?

I went up first. Kids are to finish off school, then sell off Ca and move to Id.
But as most are aware, in the meantime I broke my R tibia skiing 3 weeks after I got there. Mad
So I'm temp back in ca to recover, as I can't put any weight on it. Plus I broke a bone in the R wrist for good measure. Can't put weight on it either. So I'm rolling on a walker with a elbow rest. Unsure
So a somewhat complicated move, just got more comlpicated.


you're a mess!!Shocked. here's to a speedy recovery mate!
yes quite so. basically half the man I used to be. The left half.

Yeah, sorry to hear about yore predicament. That sucks.
Thanks man.

Careful while you rehab! Lindsey Vonn also messed herself up skiing, and the next thing ya know she's boinking Tiger Woods. Don't answer any phone calls with a Florida area code.
Solid advise. Take no calls from Tiger.
Well, yesterday was a rough day. Followed up with a local knee ortho specialist here in CA. They were fairly impressed with the quality of work done in ID. "Given what they had to work with." Apparently, in addition to the part of the tibia I completely broke appart, there are "about 20 fractures" in the top of the bone at the joint. Hence the need for all the screws to screw it all down tight. With tight not really being al that tight or back to origonal dimensions. With the end result being I'll need a knee replacement in 1-10 years, cause the joint will no longer line up properly, and wear out.
So yea, yesterday was not a good day. Today is better, but I can only take it one day at a time.

Congrats on the wrist? Ouch, that sucks. So how long's the recovery now?


edge


Mar 18, 2014, 7:48 PM
Post #44748 of 45337 (4995 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [macherry] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
and...CONGRATS!

I hope the climbing in Tahiti is fabulous. TR with pics are required upon return.

tahiti

what did i miss

I missed it too. First Tina Fey won't return my calls and now this?


Partner macherry


Mar 19, 2014, 7:21 AM
Post #44749 of 45337 (4987 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [edge] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
and...CONGRATS!

I hope the climbing in Tahiti is fabulous. TR with pics are required upon return.

tahiti

what did i miss

I missed it too. First Tina Fey won't return my calls and now this?

it's very disturbing

burnsy seems a bit delusional


donald949


Mar 20, 2014, 8:43 PM
Post #44750 of 45337 (4901 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [macherry] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
and...CONGRATS!

I hope the climbing in Tahiti is fabulous. TR with pics are required upon return.

tahiti

what did i miss
just this...

First page Previous page 1 ... 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook