Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All


dr_feelgood


Jun 10, 2013, 1:52 PM
Post #99826 of 105309 (3763 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Weakend report from teh Dubbya Vee:

Friday I took a rest day, it rained all day anyway. We had a Die Hard party at Chris and Spencer's, drank girlie margaritas. Also watched that Silver Lining Playbook, which was fun (the Hunger Gheymes chick is hawt). I also recognized a guy I took on a horseback trip like 12 years ago as one of the minor character actors in it. As we were getting ready to call it a night, and me drive back to the campground, a guy rolled in who was staying with Chris, but we had never met. He seemed pretty strong, dropped a lot of big numbers regarding the tard climbing in NC. Said he wanted to go check out some of Goodman's one-three-argh routes here. Sounded cool, I was psyched to climb with someone a bit stronger.

Saturday, we decided to do a full day chasing shade at Endless Wall. We warmed up, then strong guy got right on a 12b called Black Happy, and started falling all over the crux at the first bolt. No feet, twin quarter pad gastons with a deadpoint up to a shallow two-finger pocket. Looked heinous. He was about to go wobbler-con-2000, screaming kicking, but then lowered off, pretty pissed. I dropped some excuses about my lispaul, edged up into the crux, and then onsighted totally statically. Woo, hangboreding works! I wish I could say I onsighted the whole rig, but at a roof at the top the sun came out, blinded me, and I greased off a slimper. Bummer. I was still climbing pretty well, did like four more Endless 12s, including two that I bailed the strong guy out of. I guess he is better at steep than Endless vertical. It was totally some old bull/young bull shit. We made plans for me to show him the Meadow River roof carck tour the next day, but he bailed to climb with some other friends. Zang!

Last night we did what's becoming a weekly tradition, Sunday evening run with the free shuttle on the New River, guided by J_muthuhfucking_Ung. It was a cool crowd of off-duty river guides and us. We were taking our friend Spencer for her first river trip evar, and on the bus ride to the put in she was a bit leery of the guides who were doing regular guide stuff: loudly talking schit, chugging pibbers, making sex jokes, and flashing everyone their tits.

We got to the put in, unloaded, and the guides were literally stumbling into their boats, drinking and smoking. Chris and Spencer asked Jay, "do these guys know what they're doing? Are we going to have to help them out?" J just laffed and said they'd be fine.

River level was awesome, recent storm surge, straightforward runs, rocks all out of the way, and BIG waves. We took a couple big hits, and I could tell Spencer was a bit apprehensive, laughing nervously. Guides are behind us, drinking and bumming smokes from J. We get to a rapid called "second warmup," which is a class II, and Jay tells us that it's not bad, but at this level has big waves. The first wave stalled us out, and then the second flipped us. Boat's upside down, bodies and paddles everywhere, we're drifting toward the first Class V. Shit's about to get serious.

Then, the drunk guides swooped in, dragged us all in the boat, grabbed our paddles, laughed at us, and we eddied out before the big rapid. Chris and Spencer were a bit flabbergasted that they could go from drunk messes to saviors in a heartbeat; we just told them that this is what guides do. The rest of the run was flawless, huge waves and whoops and screams in the evening light. Got to the takeout with some frozen margies that I'd stashed, then went and had bad-beta Chinese buffet, which is also becoming a post-river tradition.

That's awl. Gonna try to get out on the rock this evening if the rain stops. I think I found a mega-prodge that goes into the shade by 5pm, big moves between small holds. I fucking love this place.


gud work. Stay there, so I have somewhere to crash.

Think I'll skeeve back in here to znipe 100K. The last month has been renovating the house so I can sell it. Goodbye mortgage!

Are you going to be moving into a van, renting, or building yore own place?

Log cabin I heard.
I hope there is a kloset for the drum set, climbing gearz and RAIDz server.

It's down by the river...


meatbomz


Jun 10, 2013, 3:51 PM
Post #99827 of 105309 (3749 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 23, 2010
Posts: 7073

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Weakend report from teh Dubbya Vee:

Friday I took a rest day, it rained all day anyway. We had a Die Hard party at Chris and Spencer's, drank girlie margaritas. Also watched that Silver Lining Playbook, which was fun (the Hunger Gheymes chick is hawt). I also recognized a guy I took on a horseback trip like 12 years ago as one of the minor character actors in it. As we were getting ready to call it a night, and me drive back to the campground, a guy rolled in who was staying with Chris, but we had never met. He seemed pretty strong, dropped a lot of big numbers regarding the tard climbing in NC. Said he wanted to go check out some of Goodman's one-three-argh routes here. Sounded cool, I was psyched to climb with someone a bit stronger.

Saturday, we decided to do a full day chasing shade at Endless Wall. We warmed up, then strong guy got right on a 12b called Black Happy, and started falling all over the crux at the first bolt. No feet, twin quarter pad gastons with a deadpoint up to a shallow two-finger pocket. Looked heinous. He was about to go wobbler-con-2000, screaming kicking, but then lowered off, pretty pissed. I dropped some excuses about my lispaul, edged up into the crux, and then onsighted totally statically. Woo, hangboreding works! I wish I could say I onsighted the whole rig, but at a roof at the top the sun came out, blinded me, and I greased off a slimper. Bummer. I was still climbing pretty well, did like four more Endless 12s, including two that I bailed the strong guy out of. I guess he is better at steep than Endless vertical. It was totally some old bull/young bull shit. We made plans for me to show him the Meadow River roof carck tour the next day, but he bailed to climb with some other friends. Zang!

Last night we did what's becoming a weekly tradition, Sunday evening run with the free shuttle on the New River, guided by J_muthuhfucking_Ung. It was a cool crowd of off-duty river guides and us. We were taking our friend Spencer for her first river trip evar, and on the bus ride to the put in she was a bit leery of the guides who were doing regular guide stuff: loudly talking schit, chugging pibbers, making sex jokes, and flashing everyone their tits.

We got to the put in, unloaded, and the guides were literally stumbling into their boats, drinking and smoking. Chris and Spencer asked Jay, "do these guys know what they're doing? Are we going to have to help them out?" J just laffed and said they'd be fine.

River level was awesome, recent storm surge, straightforward runs, rocks all out of the way, and BIG waves. We took a couple big hits, and I could tell Spencer was a bit apprehensive, laughing nervously. Guides are behind us, drinking and bumming smokes from J. We get to a rapid called "second warmup," which is a class II, and Jay tells us that it's not bad, but at this level has big waves. The first wave stalled us out, and then the second flipped us. Boat's upside down, bodies and paddles everywhere, we're drifting toward the first Class V. Shit's about to get serious.

Then, the drunk guides swooped in, dragged us all in the boat, grabbed our paddles, laughed at us, and we eddied out before the big rapid. Chris and Spencer were a bit flabbergasted that they could go from drunk messes to saviors in a heartbeat; we just told them that this is what guides do. The rest of the run was flawless, huge waves and whoops and screams in the evening light. Got to the takeout with some frozen margies that I'd stashed, then went and had bad-beta Chinese buffet, which is also becoming a post-river tradition.

That's awl. Gonna try to get out on the rock this evening if the rain stops. I think I found a mega-prodge that goes into the shade by 5pm, big moves between small holds. I fucking love this place.


gud work. Stay there, so I have somewhere to crash.

Think I'll skeeve back in here to znipe 100K. The last month has been renovating the house so I can sell it. Goodbye mortgage!

Are you going to be moving into a van, renting, or building yore own place?

I think all of the above.


meatbomz


Jun 10, 2013, 3:53 PM
Post #99828 of 105309 (3747 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 23, 2010
Posts: 7073

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Weakend report from teh Dubbya Vee:

Friday I took a rest day, it rained all day anyway. We had a Die Hard party at Chris and Spencer's, drank girlie margaritas. Also watched that Silver Lining Playbook, which was fun (the Hunger Gheymes chick is hawt). I also recognized a guy I took on a horseback trip like 12 years ago as one of the minor character actors in it. As we were getting ready to call it a night, and me drive back to the campground, a guy rolled in who was staying with Chris, but we had never met. He seemed pretty strong, dropped a lot of big numbers regarding the tard climbing in NC. Said he wanted to go check out some of Goodman's one-three-argh routes here. Sounded cool, I was psyched to climb with someone a bit stronger.

Saturday, we decided to do a full day chasing shade at Endless Wall. We warmed up, then strong guy got right on a 12b called Black Happy, and started falling all over the crux at the first bolt. No feet, twin quarter pad gastons with a deadpoint up to a shallow two-finger pocket. Looked heinous. He was about to go wobbler-con-2000, screaming kicking, but then lowered off, pretty pissed. I dropped some excuses about my lispaul, edged up into the crux, and then onsighted totally statically. Woo, hangboreding works! I wish I could say I onsighted the whole rig, but at a roof at the top the sun came out, blinded me, and I greased off a slimper. Bummer. I was still climbing pretty well, did like four more Endless 12s, including two that I bailed the strong guy out of. I guess he is better at steep than Endless vertical. It was totally some old bull/young bull shit. We made plans for me to show him the Meadow River roof carck tour the next day, but he bailed to climb with some other friends. Zang!

Last night we did what's becoming a weekly tradition, Sunday evening run with the free shuttle on the New River, guided by J_muthuhfucking_Ung. It was a cool crowd of off-duty river guides and us. We were taking our friend Spencer for her first river trip evar, and on the bus ride to the put in she was a bit leery of the guides who were doing regular guide stuff: loudly talking schit, chugging pibbers, making sex jokes, and flashing everyone their tits.

We got to the put in, unloaded, and the guides were literally stumbling into their boats, drinking and smoking. Chris and Spencer asked Jay, "do these guys know what they're doing? Are we going to have to help them out?" J just laffed and said they'd be fine.

River level was awesome, recent storm surge, straightforward runs, rocks all out of the way, and BIG waves. We took a couple big hits, and I could tell Spencer was a bit apprehensive, laughing nervously. Guides are behind us, drinking and bumming smokes from J. We get to a rapid called "second warmup," which is a class II, and Jay tells us that it's not bad, but at this level has big waves. The first wave stalled us out, and then the second flipped us. Boat's upside down, bodies and paddles everywhere, we're drifting toward the first Class V. Shit's about to get serious.

Then, the drunk guides swooped in, dragged us all in the boat, grabbed our paddles, laughed at us, and we eddied out before the big rapid. Chris and Spencer were a bit flabbergasted that they could go from drunk messes to saviors in a heartbeat; we just told them that this is what guides do. The rest of the run was flawless, huge waves and whoops and screams in the evening light. Got to the takeout with some frozen margies that I'd stashed, then went and had bad-beta Chinese buffet, which is also becoming a post-river tradition.

That's awl. Gonna try to get out on the rock this evening if the rain stops. I think I found a mega-prodge that goes into the shade by 5pm, big moves between small holds. I fucking love this place.


gud work. Stay there, so I have somewhere to crash.

Think I'll skeeve back in here to znipe 100K. The last month has been renovating the house so I can sell it. Goodbye mortgage!

Are you going to be moving into a van, renting, or building yore own place?

Log cabin I heard.
I hope there is a kloset for the drum set, climbing gearz and RAIDz server.

yeah, RIP rAIDS server.

Now that there is teh klowd nobody has big rackety servers running under their desks anymore.


meatbomz


Jun 10, 2013, 3:54 PM
Post #99829 of 105309 (3745 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 23, 2010
Posts: 7073

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.


drivel


Jun 10, 2013, 4:02 PM
Post #99830 of 105309 (3739 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 22, 2010
Posts: 2459

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.


wekeend report-

went danzig in chicago. partied. corrupted some innocent youth. got a bunch of work done on my thecal matter Sat. afternoon, actually. Gu'd times.


dr_feelgood


Jun 10, 2013, 4:02 PM
Post #99831 of 105309 (3738 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.
I hear badminton is fun.


dr_feelgood


Jun 10, 2013, 4:03 PM
Post #99832 of 105309 (3736 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.


wekeend report-

went danzig in chicago. partied. corrupted some innocent youth. got a bunch of work done on my thecal matter Sat. afternoon, actually. Gu'd times.

Thecal matter. Everywhere.

I try not to diss the intellectual shitsplosion, but it happens.


dr_feelgood


Jun 10, 2013, 4:08 PM
Post #99833 of 105309 (3732 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We're in the process of moving to a not-shitty not-basement apartment. Boxes everywhere. We can't start moving until Saturday, but we're packing naow.

Climbing is a very gear intensive sport. I swear we have 300# of climbing and camping shit.


caughtinside


Jun 10, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #99834 of 105309 (3712 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

I'm always making fun of Cornelius for burning you out of your last one.


dr_feelgood


Jun 10, 2013, 5:26 PM
Post #99835 of 105309 (3708 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

I'm always making fun of Cornelius for burning you out of your last one.

It takes a serious, concerted effort to make someone quit climbing.


caughtinside


Jun 10, 2013, 5:50 PM
Post #99836 of 105309 (3702 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

I'm always making fun of Cornelius for burning you out of your last one.

BUt Jaime is trying to get us into sailing out here. I told him you have a boat that we can commandeer.

Cornelius isn't having any of that, though.


snoopy138


Jun 10, 2013, 6:01 PM
Post #99837 of 105309 (3697 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Weakend report from teh Dubbya Vee:

Friday I took a rest day, it rained all day anyway. We had a Die Hard party at Chris and Spencer's, drank girlie margaritas. Also watched that Silver Lining Playbook, which was fun (the Hunger Gheymes chick is hawt). I also recognized a guy I took on a horseback trip like 12 years ago as one of the minor character actors in it. As we were getting ready to call it a night, and me drive back to the campground, a guy rolled in who was staying with Chris, but we had never met. He seemed pretty strong, dropped a lot of big numbers regarding the tard climbing in NC. Said he wanted to go check out some of Goodman's one-three-argh routes here. Sounded cool, I was psyched to climb with someone a bit stronger.

Saturday, we decided to do a full day chasing shade at Endless Wall. We warmed up, then strong guy got right on a 12b called Black Happy, and started falling all over the crux at the first bolt. No feet, twin quarter pad gastons with a deadpoint up to a shallow two-finger pocket. Looked heinous. He was about to go wobbler-con-2000, screaming kicking, but then lowered off, pretty pissed. I dropped some excuses about my lispaul, edged up into the crux, and then onsighted totally statically. Woo, hangboreding works! I wish I could say I onsighted the whole rig, but at a roof at the top the sun came out, blinded me, and I greased off a slimper. Bummer. I was still climbing pretty well, did like four more Endless 12s, including two that I bailed the strong guy out of. I guess he is better at steep than Endless vertical. It was totally some old bull/young bull shit. We made plans for me to show him the Meadow River roof carck tour the next day, but he bailed to climb with some other friends. Zang!

Last night we did what's becoming a weekly tradition, Sunday evening run with the free shuttle on the New River, guided by J_muthuhfucking_Ung. It was a cool crowd of off-duty river guides and us. We were taking our friend Spencer for her first river trip evar, and on the bus ride to the put in she was a bit leery of the guides who were doing regular guide stuff: loudly talking schit, chugging pibbers, making sex jokes, and flashing everyone their tits.

We got to the put in, unloaded, and the guides were literally stumbling into their boats, drinking and smoking. Chris and Spencer asked Jay, "do these guys know what they're doing? Are we going to have to help them out?" J just laffed and said they'd be fine.

River level was awesome, recent storm surge, straightforward runs, rocks all out of the way, and BIG waves. We took a couple big hits, and I could tell Spencer was a bit apprehensive, laughing nervously. Guides are behind us, drinking and bumming smokes from J. We get to a rapid called "second warmup," which is a class II, and Jay tells us that it's not bad, but at this level has big waves. The first wave stalled us out, and then the second flipped us. Boat's upside down, bodies and paddles everywhere, we're drifting toward the first Class V. Shit's about to get serious.

Then, the drunk guides swooped in, dragged us all in the boat, grabbed our paddles, laughed at us, and we eddied out before the big rapid. Chris and Spencer were a bit flabbergasted that they could go from drunk messes to saviors in a heartbeat; we just told them that this is what guides do. The rest of the run was flawless, huge waves and whoops and screams in the evening light. Got to the takeout with some frozen margies that I'd stashed, then went and had bad-beta Chinese buffet, which is also becoming a post-river tradition.

That's awl. Gonna try to get out on the rock this evening if the rain stops. I think I found a mega-prodge that goes into the shade by 5pm, big moves between small holds. I fucking love this place.


gud work. Stay there, so I have somewhere to crash.

Think I'll skeeve back in here to znipe 100K. The last month has been renovating the house so I can sell it. Goodbye mortgage!

Are you going to be moving into a van, renting, or building yore own place?

Log cabin I heard.
I hope there is a kloset for the drum set, climbing gearz and RAIDz server.

yeah, RIP rAIDS server.

Now that there is teh klowd nobody has big rackety servers running under their desks anymore.

are ewe going to put teh historeez krypto in teh klowd?


snoopy138


Jun 10, 2013, 6:03 PM
Post #99838 of 105309 (3695 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

have you thought about climbing rocks?


snoopy138


Jun 10, 2013, 6:04 PM
Post #99839 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

I'm always making fun of Cornelius for burning you out of your last one.

It takes a serious, concerted effort to make someone quit climbing.

that really depends on who it is doing teh quitting. for some, it comes naturally.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jun 11, 2013, 5:01 AM
Post #99840 of 105309 (3654 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

You can't quit danzing! Not until I try danzing with you. My tangoing is just getting to be slightly better than 5.9.


snoopy138


Jun 11, 2013, 9:00 AM
Post #99841 of 105309 (3642 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

You can't quit danzing! Not until I try danzing with you. My tangoing is just getting to be slightly better than 5.9.

he sure can. quitzing is what donny does.


dr_feelgood


Jun 11, 2013, 9:03 AM
Post #99842 of 105309 (3639 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

You can't quit danzing! Not until I try danzing with you. My tangoing is just getting to be slightly better than 5.9.

he sure can. quitzing is what donny does.

It's all he knows.


snoopy138


Jun 11, 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #99843 of 105309 (3628 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

You can't quit danzing! Not until I try danzing with you. My tangoing is just getting to be slightly better than 5.9.

he sure can. quitzing is what donny does.

It's all he knows.

drinking
climbing
rAIDS server
posting
dancing

who nose what he quitz in his first 40+ years that we weren't even aware of.


caughtinside


Jun 11, 2013, 5:03 PM
Post #99844 of 105309 (3610 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Seems like everyone is getting by ok. I got kind of burned out on the danzing in Argentina. So I need a new future former hobby.

You can't quit danzing! Not until I try danzing with you. My tangoing is just getting to be slightly better than 5.9.

he sure can. quitzing is what donny does.

It's all he knows.

drinking
climbing
rAIDS server
posting
dancing

who nose what he quitz in his first 40+ years that we weren't even aware of.

Fishing?

Fabricating?

I doubt formicating.


caughtinside


Jun 11, 2013, 5:04 PM
Post #99845 of 105309 (3608 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30603

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Day 2 not checking Facebook. Shakes and light sheen of sweat. But I fears PRISM.


tripperjm


Jun 11, 2013, 6:52 PM
Post #99846 of 105309 (3604 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 7, 2002
Posts: 10650

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Weekend report- guess who won her division, is going to nationals, and pre qualified for worlds in Spain?

This girl!

nods Nice jorb champ.....

just dun't let go to yore hed like chossy did and start thinking yore two gud fer us losers in teh BET. cuz that wus a pretty sucky move on his part.



oh....and I noticed yore using teh classic 'dignity in teh closet' material on those posers on MP. nock 'em dead girl.


climbs4fun
Moderator

Jun 11, 2013, 7:24 PM
Post #99847 of 105309 (3598 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Posts: 9679

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Weekend repot.

Saturday I went for a 12km run with minimal IT band discomfort. After Nathan got home from work we needed to start cleaning the house for my mother's visit next week. At first Nathan yelled at my for throwing away too much stuff (like cell phone bill statements from 5 years ago). Then he got drunk and got far better at tossing stuff.

Yesterday we got out climbing. I re-redpointed the hardest route I've ever done, didn't even have to skip clips on it this time. I then trashed myself on a route that's two grades easier, but way more endurence based.

Best part were the two non climbers that somehow got down the gully when Nathan was climbing. The running commentary from the girl was awesome. First she asked if Nathan needed some water "he doesn't sound right, he sounds thirsty" (as Nathan is trying hard on a route). Then as he was lowering and cleaning the draws she asks "Does that harness squish your dingle? Because your dingle looks squished."

I was laughing too hard to ask her why she was looking at my husband's dingle. Nathan fielded the question like a champ.

How did he field those questions? I'd love to hear this


climbs4fun
Moderator

Jun 11, 2013, 7:28 PM
Post #99848 of 105309 (3596 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Posts: 9679

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Weekend report- guess who won her division, is going to nationals, and pre qualified for worlds in Spain?

This girl!


Woooo! Go Mo!


carabiner96


Jun 11, 2013, 8:13 PM
Post #99849 of 105309 (3588 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 10, 2006
Posts: 12610

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Weekend report- guess who won her division, is going to nationals, and pre qualified for worlds in Spain?

This girl!

nods Nice jorb champ.....

just dun't let go to yore hed like chossy did and start thinking yore two gud fer us losers in teh BET. cuz that wus a pretty sucky move on his part.



oh....and I noticed yore using teh classic 'dignity in teh closet' material on those posers on MP. nock 'em dead girl.
I could hear their brains exploding.


climbs4fun
Moderator

Jun 11, 2013, 8:19 PM
Post #99850 of 105309 (3584 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Posts: 9679

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Weke-end report

Went to xzzzz. Had to camp in the ultra-redneck second-string campground, as the hatchery road was full, and the gate isn't open yet. Got in at midnight thursday. Campsite had a bunch of poison ivy, so we picked up the tent and moved it friday am. Had to bathe beardog, which was an experience.

Friday, went up to the greater mondo area. Warmed up with laps on an easy .8, and then floated my radgnar .10d proj. You know, the warm-up for all the real climbers. Yup. I climbed that. Went and did some other stuff that day, feeling pretty good. I think I'm finally back to climbing at pre-avocado levels. Got hit with a soaker rainstorm and went into town to check email. We're in the process of moving, and the landlord is vacationing in romania(absentee landlordism ftw), so we've been emailing on a ten hour delay.

Saturday, went up to the french cattle ranch. climbed euro-trash girls, and a few others. Bonked at 4 pm and had to take a nap. Came back to campsite and met Kathryn and her roadtrip partner.

Sunday took them to the circus area, as we had to leave by 2, and it gets morning shade. Blew a hole in my moccs while doing the climbs i've done a bunch of times. Left at three.

Posting from the crapper right now. Poop #2.

What size mocs? I think I have a brand new pair of Art's

First page Previous page 1 ... 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook