Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All


dr_feelgood


Jul 30, 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #102926 of 105309 (2962 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Oh yes, the flight home was cool. I was looking out the window and saw this amazing rock formation! Just a massive castle coming up out of a plane, with a couple dikes radiating out. Looked at the google later and saw it was Shiprock, which I had sort of guessed but wanted to confirm. Also saw Lake Powell which was neat. Finished the descent right over tuolumne and the valley.
Lake powell can eat a choad

Durp.

Getting out West for rockstar book tour in a few wekes. Not desert season but still psyched to get back to Capitol reef.

Whoo!


dr_feelgood


Jul 30, 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #102927 of 105309 (2961 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the ptftw, not the book tour


dr_feelgood


Jul 30, 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #102928 of 105309 (2958 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

You should go measure. They are cuddly.


dr_feelgood


Jul 30, 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #102929 of 105309 (2956 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The transition from nine days worth of dehydrated food to twizzlers is an ugly one. Ugh.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jul 30, 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #102930 of 105309 (2947 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

About as well as it would handle hitting a boulder of that size, I think. E.i. if it were a Subaru, it would continue driving after a bump. If it were a klown car, it would be probably in the ditch.

This guy was fast, for a turtle, I bet he could handle a 4-lane highway. When it decided to head out towards the neighbor's yard, it was really moving! And it holds itself really high off the ground, the legs are really muscular and big, and the tail and the neck are super-long. And when it is moving like that, the shell looks ridiculously-too-small for it, like a costume.

If anything, it was really entertaining.


Partner cracklover


Jul 30, 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #102931 of 105309 (2937 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO


Partner camhead


Jul 30, 2014, 1:29 PM
Post #102932 of 105309 (2932 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20939

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO

Yeah, snappers are cool. We get them occasionally here. You can pick them up by the rear shell, or even their tails (they're kind of anomalous as far as turtles go with really strong tails). But yeah they can really fuck you up with bites.

They also live a long time. I was reading a while back that they've found alligator snappers in the bayou with civil war era rifle balls stuck in their shells.


granite_grrl


Jul 30, 2014, 1:58 PM
Post #102933 of 105309 (2927 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO

Yeah, snappers are cool. We get them occasionally here. You can pick them up by the rear shell, or even their tails (they're kind of anomalous as far as turtles go with really strong tails). But yeah they can really fuck you up with bites.

They also live a long time. I was reading a while back that they've found alligator snappers in the bayou with civil war era rifle balls stuck in their shells.

I've heard that picking them up by their tails could actually be quite bad for them (even if people have been doing it for a long time).


granite_grrl


Jul 30, 2014, 2:02 PM
Post #102934 of 105309 (2927 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO

Last time we were out in Nova Scotia Nathan spent some time harassing the crabs. Decent sized guys, he'd find them burred in the sand and scoup them up picking them up from their back side. He found one or two fair sized ones this way.

I miss the ocean.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jul 30, 2014, 4:23 PM
Post #102935 of 105309 (2921 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO

Yeah, snappers are cool. We get them occasionally here. You can pick them up by the rear shell, or even their tails (they're kind of anomalous as far as turtles go with really strong tails). But yeah they can really fuck you up with bites.

They also live a long time. I was reading a while back that they've found alligator snappers in the bayou with civil war era rifle balls stuck in their shells.

I've heard that picking them up by their tails could actually be quite bad for them (even if people have been doing it for a long time).

Yeah, I was just reading up on snappers, and it turns out that picking them up by the tail is really bad for them. And dragging them by the stick, after letting them bite clamp onto one is bad, too.
Rear end of the shell, ideally with another hand on the neck right behind the head is supposedly the way to go, if you have to pick them up.

I felt no such urge whatsoever. It left on it's own. Now I have to make sure to teach kidling #2 about the snappers, and the advisability of staying away from them, in case the visitor returns.

She is the kid who would go, "aawww, how cute", and attempt to pet an alligator.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jul 30, 2014, 4:25 PM
Post #102936 of 105309 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO

Your Mr.Crabby looked quite substantial. I wouldn't mind having such foraging success, myself.


Partner camhead


Jul 31, 2014, 4:30 AM
Post #102937 of 105309 (2890 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20939

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

Snapping turtles are cool. The big ones sometimes look like a stegosaurus with a shell, the way they get those plates on their tail.

One time I was driving along a country two-lane highway. Road-cut cliff on the right, drop-off to a stream on the left. Somehow this snapper wound up on the wrong side of the road. It was hugging the cliff, trying to get over to the other side. I pulled over, threw a sheet over its head, picked it up by the sides of the shell, and put it down on other side - with the embankment going down to the stream.

Like I said, I like snappers a lot.

Now I've moved to the swamps of CT, lately I've been trying to trap blue crabs in the tidal marshes and streams near my house. I've got some neighborhood snappers who keep smelling my bait and moving in. Smart buggers. I can see 'em when the water's low, and I'll move my trap. But when it's not... I think I've lost one bait to them.

GO

Yeah, snappers are cool. We get them occasionally here. You can pick them up by the rear shell, or even their tails (they're kind of anomalous as far as turtles go with really strong tails). But yeah they can really fuck you up with bites.

They also live a long time. I was reading a while back that they've found alligator snappers in the bayou with civil war era rifle balls stuck in their shells.

I've heard that picking them up by their tails could actually be quite bad for them (even if people have been doing it for a long time).

Yeah, I was just reading up on snappers, and it turns out that picking them up by the tail is really bad for them. And dragging them by the stick, after letting them bite clamp onto one is bad, too.
Rear end of the shell, ideally with another hand on the neck right behind the head is supposedly the way to go, if you have to pick them up.

I felt no such urge whatsoever. It left on it's own. Now I have to make sure to teach kidling #2 about the snappers, and the advisability of staying away from them, in case the visitor returns.

She is the kid who would go, "aawww, how cute", and attempt to pet an alligator.

Damn, I guess my elementary school knowledge about catching reptiles is obsolete.


granite_grrl


Jul 31, 2014, 4:48 AM
Post #102938 of 105309 (2885 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good ride last night! ~20km out, a 20km time trial and then 20km back. I'm pushing myself pretty good on the time trials now, though I think I could push a little harder.

Had a bug (?) land behind my sunglasses at maybe km 9 or 10, probably lost 20-30 seconds there as I fished it out trying not to lose too much speed. I still haven't quite been able to beat the 30km/hr mark though, I'm falling just shy.

On the ride back I sucked the wheel of a couple of the faster guys. I was worried I would fall back pretty quick, but I managed to keep up with their 32-33km/hr pace back into town.

I'm not getting that much faster, but I do feel stronger which is pretty rad.

Another late night for me. Meeting a guy at 5pm and we're going climbing. Won't be done till after dark.


granite_grrl


Jul 31, 2014, 4:53 AM
Post #102939 of 105309 (2881 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WOOOO!

http://www.iceclimbingworldcup.org/...ted-States-2014.html

Bozeman as a World Cup event officially on the UIAA site.

I can see climbers coming out of the woodwork for this one.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jul 31, 2014, 5:45 AM
Post #102940 of 105309 (2873 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
WOOOO!

http://www.iceclimbingworldcup.org/...ted-States-2014.html

Bozeman as a World Cup event officially on the UIAA site.

I can see climbers coming out of the woodwork for this one.

I can see ICE climbers doing that, in any case. Tongue


granite_grrl


Jul 31, 2014, 6:48 AM
Post #102941 of 105309 (2865 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
WOOOO!

http://www.iceclimbingworldcup.org/...ted-States-2014.html

Bozeman as a World Cup event officially on the UIAA site.

I can see climbers coming out of the woodwork for this one.

I can see ICE climbers doing that, in any case. Tongue

Don't hate.


Partner macherry


Jul 31, 2014, 7:07 AM
Post #102942 of 105309 (2861 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Bugaboos TR with pics to follow in a few days....

I'd like to get out there one of these days. My friend Jason who lives in Canmore just did a trip there.
It was rad. I recommend it.

nice. been there once, got snowed/rained out of any routes. did some nice hiking though


Partner cracklover


Jul 31, 2014, 7:45 AM
Post #102943 of 105309 (2854 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Now I have to make sure to teach kidling #2 about the snappers, and the advisability of staying away from them, in case the visitor returns.

She is the kid who would go, "aawww, how cute", and attempt to pet an alligator.

Living the rest of her life with 9.5 digits would be an extremely effective method of learning this lesson. Maybe not recommended? Maybe you could just let her pet a hornet, and she can extrapolate from that.

In reply to:
Mr.Crabby looked quite substantial. I wouldn't mind having such foraging success, myself.

Mr. Crabby was six inches from point-to-point (minimum limit is 5). So, no monster, but a fine start to the season. I've caught a ton of what they call "shorts". I've read that blue crabs in warm water will grow about an inch per month. So the fact that I've caught probably 80 crabs between 3.5 and 4 inches since I started crabbing a couple weeks ago. means in a month or two, I should be in crab heaven. (Which, coincidentally, is where the crabs I catch will be going, too).

GO


lena_chita
Moderator

Jul 31, 2014, 8:06 AM
Post #102944 of 105309 (2847 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Now I have to make sure to teach kidling #2 about the snappers, and the advisability of staying away from them, in case the visitor returns.

She is the kid who would go, "aawww, how cute", and attempt to pet an alligator.

Living the rest of her life with 9.5 digits would be an extremely effective method of learning this lesson. Maybe not recommended? Maybe you could just let her pet a hornet, and she can extrapolate from that.

Yeah, I prefer that she keeps all her digits for things other than learning lessons. Silly preference, really. But a very strong one.

It just dawned on me yesterday that the only turles she had seen to date were the ones that would do nothing but retreat into their shells, if you picked them up. So, I better do some edumacation.


Partner cracklover


Jul 31, 2014, 9:02 AM
Post #102945 of 105309 (2840 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Now I have to make sure to teach kidling #2 about the snappers, and the advisability of staying away from them, in case the visitor returns.

She is the kid who would go, "aawww, how cute", and attempt to pet an alligator.

Living the rest of her life with 9.5 digits would be an extremely effective method of learning this lesson. Maybe not recommended? Maybe you could just let her pet a hornet, and she can extrapolate from that.

Yeah, I prefer that she keeps all her digits for things other than learning lessons. Silly preference, really. But a very strong one.

Yeah, I suppose it's reasonable. Besides, trips to the emergency room are no fun.

Oh, and for reference, here's Mr Crabby before...



And after...



GO


snoopy138


Jul 31, 2014, 9:26 AM
Post #102946 of 105309 (2836 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Oh yes, the flight home was cool. I was looking out the window and saw this amazing rock formation! Just a massive castle coming up out of a plane, with a couple dikes radiating out. Looked at the google later and saw it was Shiprock, which I had sort of guessed but wanted to confirm. Also saw Lake Powell which was neat. Finished the descent right over tuolumne and the valley.
Lake powell can eat a choad

Durp.

Getting out West for rockstar book tour in a few wekes. Not desert season but still psyched to get back to Capitol reef.

west just being the desert regions?


snoopy138


Jul 31, 2014, 9:28 AM
Post #102947 of 105309 (2832 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We got a visit from a snapping turtle today. This thing is HUGE, massive legs and tail, and looks like an alligator wearing a superfluous turtle shell.

The shell is about 2 ft in diameter. I'd say almost 3 feet from tip of the tail to tip of the snout. But I wasn't about to get closer and measure precisely. It is cool to watch it. But I hope it leaves soon. It looks like it could snap my arm or do considerable damage to it, at least.

I saw a big guy like that on the side of the road last summer. Looked like he was getting ready to cross, the road is 4 lanes, traffic going ~100lm/hr and it was around rush hour.

I don't know if he ended up on the road or not, but I don't know how well a car could handle hitting a turtle like that.

teh car would probibly handle it better than teh turtle; hopefully it turned around.


snoopy138


Jul 31, 2014, 9:29 AM
Post #102948 of 105309 (2830 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
bummer about the knee but at least you were in control of the decision.

I myself spent the weekend in texas, getting fatter, weaker and drunker. It was pretty fun for the most part. Woulda tried to track down the koala for some climbing, but it was just a 48 hr trip. Hopefully get out for a day this weekend.

I did manage to lose my license some how. Getting on the plane without one wasn't that hard. I tried to make a dmv appointment to get a gnu one, but the first appointment isn't available for a solid month. WTF.
What, you need an appointment to get a drivers license? California is weird...here you just show up. Older kindling now has a earners permit. Oh boy!
Leathers, not earners!
That doesn't work either. I suppose the narcs kicked in... or your child is a wise-man protege....

If any wise-man would take him, I am open for negotiations. Unfortunately, wise men are way to wise to take on teenagers.
I do not think this means what you think it means.

either that, or she's got interesting plans for her kid.


snoopy138


Jul 31, 2014, 9:33 AM
Post #102949 of 105309 (2827 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
WOOOO!

http://www.iceclimbingworldcup.org/...ted-States-2014.html

Bozeman as a World Cup event officially on the UIAA site.

I can see climbers coming out of the woodwork for this one.

a gnu dark horse?


granite_grrl


Jul 31, 2014, 9:47 AM
Post #102950 of 105309 (2822 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
WOOOO!

http://www.iceclimbingworldcup.org/...ted-States-2014.html

Bozeman as a World Cup event officially on the UIAA site.

I can see climbers coming out of the woodwork for this one.

a gnu dark horse?

There could be, but it won't be me. I suspect at least a few strong euros and Russians will come over.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook