Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All


snoopy138


Aug 26, 2014, 1:25 PM
Post #103251 of 105309 (4489 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I was rong. They do have a diesel option.
That's the ticket. Fuck petrol.

It's a pure numbers game. I don't know the mpg of the various engine options, but the diesel is $6k more than the gas. There is an ecoboost gas engine that is $2k more. Didn't see mpg listed anywhere though.
Fuck.
Money = social construct based on the relative durability of gold molecules.
MPG = chemical-mechanical reality based on available technology and cocksuckers[nttatwwt] who value a goddamned signifier over fucking pure efficiency.
Am I the only one who cares about the rules!?

uhh, money is pretty divorced from gold at this point, doc.
At this point, yes. But the dollar was once on the gold standard, and it was only in 1973(?) that the price of gold was floated by Nixon.
I think I will win this argument.

Your post is incoherent enough that I don't even know what your argument is. We should return to a barter system?


snoopy138


Aug 26, 2014, 1:26 PM
Post #103252 of 105309 (4487 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will trade you the above PTFTW for one hundred socially constructed dollars.


dr_feelgood


Aug 26, 2014, 2:43 PM
Post #103253 of 105309 (4476 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
I will trade you the above PTFTW for one hundred socially constructed dollars.
No deal.


dr_feelgood


Aug 26, 2014, 2:44 PM
Post #103254 of 105309 (4475 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I was rong. They do have a diesel option.
That's the ticket. Fuck petrol.

It's a pure numbers game. I don't know the mpg of the various engine options, but the diesel is $6k more than the gas. There is an ecoboost gas engine that is $2k more. Didn't see mpg listed anywhere though.
Fuck.
Money = social construct based on the relative durability of gold molecules.
MPG = chemical-mechanical reality based on available technology and cocksuckers[nttatwwt] who value a goddamned signifier over fucking pure efficiency.
Am I the only one who cares about the rules!?

uhh, money is pretty divorced from gold at this point, doc.
At this point, yes. But the dollar was once on the gold standard, and it was only in 1973(?) that the price of gold was floated by Nixon.
I think I will win this argument.

Your post is incoherent enough that I don't even know what your argument is. We should return to a barter system?

It is the first week of school. Incoherence is expected.


dr_feelgood


Aug 26, 2014, 2:46 PM
Post #103255 of 105309 (4474 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I was rong. They do have a diesel option.
That's the ticket. Fuck petrol.

It's a pure numbers game. I don't know the mpg of the various engine options, but the diesel is $6k more than the gas. There is an ecoboost gas engine that is $2k more. Didn't see mpg listed anywhere though.
I couldn't find any MPG listing nor a fuel tank capacity. The I5 diesel engine is promising. It has some torque and would also be good for towing. I'm particular on 4WD, though. I am sure that 2WD works for most, but I've grown accustomed to being able to click it in and get somewhere a bit off the beaten track. I couldn't make it to Valley Of The Moon, for example, in this.

4x4 Sprinter is coming to North America in 2015. But I'm already choking on the cost of a new Sprinter without 4x4.


None of the companies will list the MPG of a vehicle like this. The best place I've found so far for this kind of info is http://www.Fuelly.com. The Promaster is actually a Fiat and has been running around Europe as the Ducato, but there's not too many on there with the gasoline engine.

The problem with 4x4 in most places is that you need it for less than 1% of your driving, but it increases cost by quite a bit, both paying for the option up front then constantly in lower mpg.

There's definitely times where I wish I still had the Land Hog so I could ski powder or get into the two climbing areas that need it around here but at the end of the day it simply isn't worth the money (to me). I'd rather spend my money on wine.

The other factor is that I wouldn't feel comfortable offloading in a brand new 50k sprinter. But I imagine that 4x4 would be more for snow than heavy off road. Those things don't have burly suspensions.

All that goes out the window if you're rich though.

With modern traction control and a set of snow tires I think you're set with most vehicles out there for winter driving.

If it was a $2k option I might think about getting 4 wheel drive, but it's probably more like a $10k option so no fucking way.

I have helped push a 2WD sprinter(mercedes version) in the plowed hyalite lot. And it had snow tires on it. The wanker probably should have bought the dodge version with 4wd rather than spending the extra on the mercedes logo.


lena_chita
Moderator

Aug 26, 2014, 6:36 PM
Post #103256 of 105309 (4462 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Wrapping up mah Utah trip here; the Taco is loaded down with paintings, guns, wine, and power tools. Heading down South to the redrock in Capitol Reef for one more book lecture, then busting over to Moab, then to RADo where I may try to climb with Angry. Then back to Dubbya Vee just in time for Labor Day. I guess it's been raining there the whole time I've been gone, woohoo!

Got pulled over last night on the way home from a friend's house, for going 30 in a 25.

what the fuck?

What, it has never happened to you?

for going that slow? no.

One of the local municipalities is famous for giving tickets like that. I hate them with passion.


lena_chita
Moderator

Aug 26, 2014, 6:38 PM
Post #103257 of 105309 (4461 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I was rong. They do have a diesel option.
That's the ticket. Fuck petrol.

It's a pure numbers game. I don't know the mpg of the various engine options, but the diesel is $6k more than the gas. There is an ecoboost gas engine that is $2k more. Didn't see mpg listed anywhere though.
Fuck.
Money = social construct based on the relative durability of gold molecules.
MPG = chemical-mechanical reality based on available technology and cocksuckers[nttatwwt] who value a goddamned signifier over fucking pure efficiency.
Am I the only one who cares about the rules!?

uhh, money is pretty divorced from gold at this point, doc.
At this point, yes. But the dollar was once on the gold standard, and it was only in 1973(?) that the price of gold was floated by Nixon.
I think I will win this argument.

Your post is incoherent enough that I don't even know what your argument is. We should return to a barter system?

It is the first week of school. Incoherence is expected.

Yup. a less-excited pair of kidlings I have never seen. School starts tomorrow.

I hope the extra two hours to do some work that I will have tomorrow morning will compensate for the incoherence due to getting up early.


snoopy138


Aug 27, 2014, 8:53 AM
Post #103258 of 105309 (4432 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Wrapping up mah Utah trip here; the Taco is loaded down with paintings, guns, wine, and power tools. Heading down South to the redrock in Capitol Reef for one more book lecture, then busting over to Moab, then to RADo where I may try to climb with Angry. Then back to Dubbya Vee just in time for Labor Day. I guess it's been raining there the whole time I've been gone, woohoo!

Got pulled over last night on the way home from a friend's house, for going 30 in a 25.

what the fuck?

What, it has never happened to you?

for going that slow? no.

One of the local municipalities is famous for giving tickets like that. I hate them with passion.

I don't think I'd deal well with that; I started driving in TX, where residential speed limit is 30. So going 25 seems unnaturally slow.


lena_chita
Moderator

Aug 27, 2014, 7:53 PM
Post #103259 of 105309 (4401 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.


dr_feelgood


Aug 27, 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #103260 of 105309 (4395 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...


dr_feelgood


Aug 27, 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #103261 of 105309 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007


lena_chita
Moderator

Aug 28, 2014, 3:41 AM
Post #103262 of 105309 (4374 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

Good point. Do I get a cool ring for joining the club then?


granite_grrl


Aug 28, 2014, 5:27 AM
Post #103263 of 105309 (4369 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

Good point. Do I get a cool ring for joining the club then?

You're supposed to get a hunk of metal that would eventually need to be removed from your body, but it's seems you decided to skip that step.


Partner camhead


Aug 28, 2014, 7:45 AM
Post #103264 of 105309 (4362 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20939

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

Good point. Do I get a cool ring for joining the club then?

You're supposed to get a hunk of metal that would eventually need to be removed from your body, but it's seems you decided to skip that step.

Did your meatdecking get into ANAM, Beccs?


granite_grrl


Aug 28, 2014, 8:29 AM
Post #103265 of 105309 (4354 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

Good point. Do I get a cool ring for joining the club then?

You're supposed to get a hunk of metal that would eventually need to be removed from your body, but it's seems you decided to skip that step.

Did your meatdecking get into ANAM, Beccs?

Not that I know of. I think ANAM is kinda off the radar for a lot of Canadian climbers.


snoopy138


Aug 28, 2014, 8:54 AM
Post #103266 of 105309 (4346 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28992

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

wasn't that in Accidents in North American Hiking Up Boy Scout Trails?


lena_chita
Moderator

Aug 28, 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #103267 of 105309 (4333 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

Good point. Do I get a cool ring for joining the club then?

You're supposed to get a hunk of metal that would eventually need to be removed from your body, but it's seems you decided to skip that step.

Seems like some people get the metal hunks without getting into the ANAM (cough-cough-camhead!) so it is not exclusive enough.

But we can count my bum knee as a payment of the entrance fee, instead?


dr_feelgood


Aug 28, 2014, 5:55 PM
Post #103268 of 105309 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I have a dubious distinction of making it into AAC 2014 accident reports for the broken biner on Mercy. I have no idea who submitted it. Some guy named Aram.

Ed's friend saw it and forwarded me a copy.
You're hardly a BET member without an ANAM entry...
#classof2007

wasn't that in Accidents in North American Hiking Up Boy Scout Trails?

Just 'cuz you are short on titanium street cred...


lena_chita
Moderator

Aug 31, 2014, 1:20 PM
Post #103269 of 105309 (4225 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.


dr_feelgood


Aug 31, 2014, 2:08 PM
Post #103270 of 105309 (4219 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.
I am doing homework. And Bozeman apparently moved to the pacific northwest, because it is rainy again....


climbs4fun
Moderator

Sep 1, 2014, 4:03 PM
Post #103271 of 105309 (4138 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Posts: 9679

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.
I am doing homework. And Bozeman apparently moved to the pacific northwest, because it is rainy again....

I went camping by myself with my dogs up at Kolob Reservoir. 80 during the day. 40 at night. Would have been more peaceful without the hillbillies in their big trucks driving by at 5 am all camo'd out. And the 4wheelers. Am I the only one that hates those things?


dr_feelgood


Sep 1, 2014, 5:12 PM
Post #103272 of 105309 (4126 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 26060

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.
I am doing homework. And Bozeman apparently moved to the pacific northwest, because it is rainy again....

I went camping by myself with my dogs up at Kolob Reservoir. 80 during the day. 40 at night. Would have been more peaceful without the hillbillies in their big trucks driving by at 5 am all camo'd out. And the 4wheelers. Am I the only one that hates those things?

You are not alone.


lena_chita
Moderator

Sep 1, 2014, 6:48 PM
Post #103273 of 105309 (4118 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.
I am doing homework. And Bozeman apparently moved to the pacific northwest, because it is rainy again....

I went camping by myself with my dogs up at Kolob Reservoir. 80 during the day. 40 at night. Would have been more peaceful without the hillbillies in their big trucks driving by at 5 am all camo'd out. And the 4wheelers. Am I the only one that hates those things?

You are not alone.

DEFINITELY not alone


Partner camhead


Sep 1, 2014, 7:34 PM
Post #103274 of 105309 (4113 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20939

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.
I am doing homework. And Bozeman apparently moved to the pacific northwest, because it is rainy again....

I went camping by myself with my dogs up at Kolob Reservoir. 80 during the day. 40 at night. Would have been more peaceful without the hillbillies in their big trucks driving by at 5 am all camo'd out. And the 4wheelers. Am I the only one that hates those things?

You are not alone.

Durp durp


granite_grrl


Sep 2, 2014, 4:58 AM
Post #103275 of 105309 (4092 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 15084

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Labor Day, all gerks are climbzing, I am the only one sitting here, waaa-waaa-wahhh!

Went out for lunch with Heffe's cousin and her husband who are in town for the weekend. At a very jewish deli.

Just got a text from Ed. He blew a clip, fell and broke his toe.
SHIT! The guy is determined not to get better until I am ready to get-back-into-it.

Aw geez.....breaking your nose while climbing is a bit of an odd one though. How the heck did he do that?

First page Previous page 1 ... 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook