Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Trad Climbing:
Anybody attempted to solo this?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


enigma


Jun 14, 2011, 1:25 AM
Post #26 of 32 (1299 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 19, 2002
Posts: 2279

Re: [lithiummetalman] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lithiummetalman wrote:
Who cares if it's free soloable, that route looks rad!!!!


Some male ego size thing I suspect! Or they are famous wannabe?


rangerrob


Jun 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #27 of 32 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 7, 2003
Posts: 641

Re: [enigma] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Trasgo I wasn't talking about you knucklehead. I was referring to the people who were describing aid climbing ratings as if they knew what they were talking about, and then posted a day or two later and said they had never aid climbed before.


shockabuku


Jun 14, 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #28 of 32 (1264 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2006
Posts: 4868

Re: [areyoumydude] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

areyoumydude wrote:
rtwilli4 wrote:
A2 and C2 are similar in difficulty but C means that the gear can be removed while A means that there are fixed points of aid on the route.

That would be incorrect.

Would be, or is, incorrect?


altelis


Jun 14, 2011, 1:52 PM
Post #29 of 32 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 10, 2004
Posts: 2168

Re: [shockabuku] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
areyoumydude wrote:
rtwilli4 wrote:
A2 and C2 are similar in difficulty but C means that the gear can be removed while A means that there are fixed points of aid on the route.

That would be incorrect.

Would be, or is, incorrect?

The subjunctive can be used to demonstrate conditional propositions as well as be used as a mark of politeness.

"I would like the soup of the day" isn't actually conditioned on anything.


shockabuku


Jun 14, 2011, 2:14 PM
Post #30 of 32 (1248 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2006
Posts: 4868

Re: [altelis] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

altelis wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
areyoumydude wrote:
rtwilli4 wrote:
A2 and C2 are similar in difficulty but C means that the gear can be removed while A means that there are fixed points of aid on the route.

That would be incorrect.

Would be, or is, incorrect?

The subjunctive can be used to demonstrate conditional propositions as well as be used as a mark of politeness.

"I would like the soup of the day" isn't actually conditioned on anything.

I think it was used rather snidely above. Logically, unless I'm wrong, that leaves conditionally.


altelis


Jun 14, 2011, 2:17 PM
Post #31 of 32 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 10, 2004
Posts: 2168

Re: [shockabuku] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Seriously? You've never used politeness to make your snide/sarcastic/asshat comment just that much more so?

Surely you cahnt be serious?


shockabuku


Jun 14, 2011, 2:27 PM
Post #32 of 32 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2006
Posts: 4868

Re: [altelis] Anybody attempted to solo this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

altelis wrote:
Seriously? You've never used politeness to make your snide/sarcastic/asshat comment just that much more so?

Surely you cahnt be serious?

Seriously I have, but then it's not really polite, is it?

So, I was being a bit snide myself and pointing out that if it's wrong, he should just say so instead of being a pretentious jack-ass.

That, my not really friend, is hypocrisy.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook