RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

treebeard

Feb 28, 2005, 9:45 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1067 views)
Shortcut

Photo angles and setup
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I've got a bit of climbing photography experience under my belt (both bouldering and roped climbing shots) and am looking for some advice on setting up angles for roped climbing shots. So far to take shots of roped climbing I've just clipped a daisy chain into the anchors and hung there to get my shots, but this is uncomfortable and doesnt always provide good shots in my mind. I've also noticed that some very nice shots of roped climbing seem to be above the climber but either back away from the wall or to the sides of the climber, not directly above. Anyways my question is, does anyone have any tips on setting up a system where I could be above the climber yet on my own rope (set up on a route next to the climber's route most likely)? It would also be helpful if I could adjust the heigth I am at on the rope with having to have some belaying me. Of course it would also be nice if I could do this without dropping loads of money on new gear. Any ideas/tips/suggestions would be much appreciated.

rbnich

Mar 1, 2005, 2:34 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1067 views)
Shortcut

Re: Photo angles and setup [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Check out Jeff Achey's "Guide to Climbing Photography". ISBN 0-8117-2728-9. It covers rigging for photography and the construction and use of booms and silts. Of course, the best angles are the hardest to rig. Good luck.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook