RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

mattiem

Jul 11, 2002, 2:20 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1994 views)
Shortcut

ABC Huevos
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have been looking at both the BD stoppers and the ABC Huevos. From what i'ver read they are almost identical. The porblem is i can't seem to find any information on the strength of the ABC's. BD lists this right along with all other specs yet i can find any specs on size or strength on the ABC's. This kinda sketches me out. Does anyone know the strebgth of these stoppers o know of a place where i can find the strength and sizes online?

climbsomething

Jul 11, 2002, 2:36 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1994 views)
Shortcut

ABC Huevos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

www.gearexpress.com, then go to "passive pro" then "ABC passive pro." click on the nuts' individual listings, not the listing for the set.

hope it helps!

natec

Jul 11, 2002, 3:29 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1994 views)
Shortcut

ABC Huevos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My suggestion is to forget both of those and get a set of Metolius Curve Nuts. Both other kinds will do the trick but the way the curve nuts place just inspires so much confidence. The seem to just sink right in whenever you need it. The only downside is that they place so well and so easily that they are on the more difficult side to clean. In my opinion that doesn't matter because my second can always take and clean the piece. I'm the one who needs a solid placement when I'm lookin at a whipper.

bouldertoad

Jul 11, 2002, 4:17 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1994 views)
Shortcut

ABC Huevos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think i have used just about every stopper on the market and to be honest they are all good. It seems as though whatever you learn on you are partial to. Myself I use BD stoppers and like them but DMM walnuts are a close second as are WC rocks.........

jhwnewengland

Jul 11, 2002, 4:29 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1994 views)
Shortcut

ABC Huevos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Remember, the question was not which stopper you like best... that's been covered here, and as was already mentioned they're all about the same. The answer to the question is yes, the ABC Huevos and BD Stoppers are effectively identical. The numbers I've seen are identical (kN strength), although the July Rock & Ice says the ABC nuts are slightly stronger. I personally like the color coded huevos better.

Jan

seamonkeyfight

Jul 11, 2002, 6:28 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1994 views)
Shortcut

ABC Huevos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yep, they are identical! made frome the same dies, but abc's are cheaper and have pretty colors. I have a set and no complaints.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook