RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

jac420

Nov 29, 2005, 7:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1518 views)
Shortcut

need access, need sugestions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yes recently my climbing buds and i found a new climbing area that is the shit, better than anything else we have around mid-mo for sure. the area is on private land, and we have been ran off by neighbors a few times. i was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on approaching the land owner. i dont want to fuck this up for anyone. any tips or previous experiences with this would greatly be appreciated

thanks a bunch
Jim Cowley

**live like its the only life you got**

peace and love all

jeep_dude13

Nov 29, 2005, 7:36 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1518 views)
Shortcut

Re: need access, need sugestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd say it depends on how many times you've been run off and how you responded directly to the land owners

bradmc

Nov 30, 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1518 views)
Shortcut

Re: need access, need sugestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i would make a list of who all the landowners are (names, occupations, $$) and what they REALLY own.

People often say they own this or that... and in reality they may not own it... but are really trying to get you to go away.

find a person in your climbing community who can speak on your behalf (you may be the best... i dont know). Call the landowner and explain what you are trying to do... but most important... listen to what THEY want and what THEIR concerns are.. and then work towards trying to make the ends meet.

Find out as much as you can about THEM. If they drink liquor; find out what type. If they are a dog lover... bring dog biscuits. Scratch there back before you ask them to scratch yours. Catch my drift.

If they are somewhat open to the idea of climbing; have a small group go and meet them and show them your gear and where you would be climbing and such.

If they protest on liability reasons; talk to them about State Rec Statutes and possibility of waivers and last resort - insurance.

there are many what if's... scenarios, people problems, etc.....

and if you have specific questions i can try and answer them.

email: mbmcleod@mindspring.com

always available to help a local climber to access the crag.

brad mcleod
The Southeastern Climbers Coalition
www.seclimbers.org

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook