RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

goggi

Aug 10, 2006, 7:52 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Need someone to climb with...Gunks/Little falls
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all ! My name is Gergana and I am form Bulgaria. I am looking for someone who is willing to climb with me on weekends at the Gunks or at Little falls. I've been climbing for about 3 years, but last year I came to the US (Colgate U) for the first time and I was totally devastated by the fact that there was nobody in the university eager to climb with me. I was forced to make a brake for almost a whole year. Now I am at home climbing but I will have to go back to Colgate very soon. Please guys help me find a way to climb there! My main problem is that i don't have a car...if someone is able to help me with transportation I will be grateful! I am going to go crazy if i have to stop climbing again! Right now I can lead routs up to 5.10a and as a second climber i can climb up to 5.10d/5.11a. Please people help !

P.S. I am coming in the end of August so I will be available from the beginning of September until the snow falls:)

porkchop_express

Aug 18, 2006, 4:47 AM
Post #2 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Re: Need someone to climb with...Gunks/Little falls [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live within a half hour of the Gunks and i am familiar with all the back roads and whatnot. Being that i am new to climbing however, i need someone to show me the "ropes". Ive done some unrated bouldering and such, and im looking to take it to the next level. If you think youd like to work something out, id be happy to help

goggi

Aug 21, 2006, 8:47 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd be happy to work smth out. I am not familiar with ths region, but we can go there together and I am sure we'll meet enough other climbers there. What do u think?There's also another guy from Utica so maybe we can figure smth out all together! I am coming back on the 27, which is pretty soon...so we can start planning :D

porkchop_express

Aug 25, 2006, 4:47 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

awesome! i will be looking forward to your return and getting some climbing going on. have you climbed in the gunks at all before? Ice never climbed here even though ive hiked in the gunks since i was a little kid... where will you be located when you are back in the States?

goggi

Aug 30, 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I am back again...I go to Colgate University, which is in Hamilton. I have never been to the Gunks before , but if we go there together I am sure we can find someone familiar with the routs. What do u think?

porkchop_express

Aug 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

absolutely. finding people at the gunks is never a problem:)

yves

Aug 30, 2006, 8:00 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi ,

I am also interested , having difficulties to get my usual partners this fall.
Unfortunately I have no car , but can always take the bus from NwYk to the Gunks.

I have already climbed several times in the Gunks this past years and know the routes. I have never lead more than 5.8 , but I have a good mountain climbing experience . Should not have any problem to follow harder .

I am also doing iceclimbing in winter up north (Catskills, Adirondacks and elsewhere) .

Contact me/pm if interested.

kamakazieeyes

Sep 5, 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, I am in north jersey. I have been bouldering and top roping solo all spring and summer. And I mean pretty much almost everyday. I am highly addicted to climbing and would like to meet others in the area into climbing and willing to share info and go on road trips for climbing sunrise to sunset. Gunks, Conn., del. water gap, central park boulder, pretty much any where any place any time. free 9/5 - 9/7 and 9/8 for starters

doctornay

Sep 6, 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking for a climbing partner. I live in NJ about 80 miles from the Gunks. I am always free on Sundays and after 1 pm on Saturdays. If your interested in doing some climbing whether it's at the Gunks or some place indoors please let me know.
Rene'

fjclimbsrocks

Sep 6, 2006, 2:08 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi all ! My name is Gergana and I am form Bulgaria. I am looking for someone who is willing to climb with me on weekends at the Gunks or at Little falls. I've been climbing for about 3 years, but last year I came to the US (Colgate U) for the first time and I was totally devastated by the fact that there was nobody in the university eager to climb with me. I was forced to make a brake for almost a whole year. Now I am at home climbing but I will have to go back to Colgate very soon. Please guys help me find a way to climb there! My main problem is that i don't have a car...if someone is able to help me with transportation I will be grateful! I am going to go crazy if i have to stop climbing again! Right now I can lead routs up to 5.10a and as a second climber i can climb up to 5.10d/5.11a. Please people help !

P.S. I am coming in the end of August so I will be available from the beginning of September until the snow falls:)

Hey Goggi,
I went to Hamilton College, which is 20 miles from Colgate, and I was involved with both the Colgate Outing Club and the Hamilton Outing Club. Both clubs did a lot of climbing at Little Falls and the Gunks. There are tons of people at Colgate who climb. Go to the Angert Family climbing wall at Colgate, check out the Outdoor Education Program, or go to an outing club meeting. There are plenty of people at Colgate that pull hard. Tell them Jared said hi.

~Jared

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook