RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Partner rrrADAM

Sep 17, 2002, 12:56 AM
Post #1 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Another RC.com weekend in SoCal (Malibu 9/14 & Tahquitz 9/15
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Malibu (Saturday 9/14)...

artm, jorgle, LD (Art's friend), mreardon, i.karen, yadi, jeepmonkey, and I all met up and climbed. Had a blast, even though I got shut down trying to RP Urban Struggle 5.12b. No rope burn this time, and Art, Jorge, and Yadi gave it a shot. Yadi's attempt was very gracefull, and she even used holds to shake out and chalk up on that others wish they could... Truely a sight.

Tahquitz (Sunday 9/15)...

addiroids, trickster, paranaguy, ubotch, astrocrag?, and myself all braved the hike up for some multi-pitch Trad. Paul and I agreed that in exchange for him carrying my pack up, I would give him 4 ice cold Guinness... I bought the beer, put it on ice, only to find that he was alreaddy up there. Thanx to Adam and Rick, as they allowed me to split up my rack amoungst us 3 for the hike up. Rick took a Guinness when we got back to the cars later that night.

Wanted to do Who Dunnit 5.9, went to that face, asked climbers what route they were on, they replied "Who Dunnit". After leading P1, found out that I was on The Gulp 5.9, a 5 pitch crack with a horendous offwidth in P3. Took Adam (ubotch) & Rick (trickster) up this climb. OFFWIDTHS SUCK !!! Rick even took home some trophies from the offwidth in the form of scrapes and cuts, as he was wearing shorts. Both of them did the climb, and enjoyed the experience.

Watched Paul (addiroids) & Matt (paranaguy) do Who Dunnit as we climbed... Even got some good pics of all climbing. (To be posted soon. )

Finished up hiking back to the cars in the dark, and food at some Bar & Grill Paul is a regular at.

'TWas a great weekend here in SoCal, and I even have 3 cold Guinnesses left over... Anybody want one ???

[ This Message was edited by: rrradam on 2002-09-16 17:59 ]

Partner rrrADAM

Sep 17, 2002, 1:07 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Another RC.com weekend in SoCal (Malibu 9/14 & Tahquitz 9/15 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh yea... Hiking SUCKS !!! I'm so sore, that 4 Advil aren't even working.

pranaguy

Sep 17, 2002, 1:21 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup, I am pretty sore too. Had an awesome time though. I pulled into Humbar Park parking at around 7:30 Saturday night and met up with Addiroids. We hung out for a while, chillin' and talking, then went to bed around 10. Got up at 6, made a quick breakfast of canned pears and plain oatmeal and hit the trail at 6:30. We were at the base of the rock at around 7. Wanted to to Fingertrip, but some brits were already on it, so we decided on Jensons Jaunt. After that (my first time being more that 1 pitch off the ground ever), we went over and got in line for pitch one of Dave's Deviation. Had to wait for some funny Euro's to figure out climbing with double ropes, then we were up. Finally we hopped on Whodunit, surprised because there was no line for the climb. Met up with Adam and crew around the third pitch and chatted with them for a while. Made it up, humped all the gear back down, and finished up with some good Mexican food. I think I may become a trad climber yet...
~Matt

astrocrag

Sep 17, 2002, 3:23 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry I couldn't hang with you guys on Sun. The five pitch climb I did with Paul on Sat. was more than all my prior climbing experience combined. I was the most intense experience of my life. Not as scary as I thought it would be. I didn't think when I started that I'd be doing a climb like that for at least a year. Thanks Paul. I really mean that, I'm not pulling your leg.
You should've looked at my legs a little closer Rick. Long pants next time. OK? I learned the hard way too. Don't forget my daisy chain.
Glad to hear you had a good climb. Oh yeah, just before I left, Clarke Jacobs showed up. I think he was doing the climb to your right. That's funny, we were talking about him that day.
Adam, haven't really gotten to know and climb with you yet, hopefully I'll be 100% next time. My whole body aches and my legs felt like rubber on the hike back down. I'd have been a dud on that day.
I'm looking forward to next weekend.

Bob

trickster

Sep 17, 2002, 11:28 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you once again rrrADAM for the climb up Tahquitz on Sunday. That was my first multi pitch climb, and WOW, what an experience! Spending 8 hours on a cliff is kind of mind altering. I'm still coming down from the high. It was also great climbing with ubotch and meeting astrocrag, addroids and pranaguy. All very good people I'm sure I'll see again. But DAMN AM I SORE ! It hurts to even type, but well worth it. Thanks again Adam for your time and patience, you are the BOMB! Rick

addiroids

Sep 19, 2002, 7:18 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First off, sorry to Adam for being a beatch and not carrying his pack. We had to get climbing. I know I missed the Guinness, but maybe next time.

I had a blast meeting everyone who showed, even if people can't seem to grasp the concept of camping out in order to get to know one another better.

Pranaguy is a great kid, and I look forward to climbing with him a lot in the future and teaching him how to place gear and having him haul my ass up hard stuff. He also knows what it looks like when you take a 35 foot fall and pull 2 pieces (a guy in a party b/f us).

Astrocrag was fun to climb with too and I'm glad he had fun.

All in all I had a ton of fun, but I have one more thing to say:

A BODY BELAY IS A LEGITIMATE AND SAFE WAY TO BELAY!!!!!!!!!!

TRADitionally yours,

Cali Dirtbag

Partner rrrADAM

Sep 19, 2002, 11:45 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pictures...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=ListPhoto&PhotoID=7355

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=ListPhoto&PhotoID=7356

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=ListPhoto&PhotoID=7360

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 3, 2002, 8:43 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great pic of Art deadpointing the top of Skeezer Pleaser...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=ListPhoto&PhotoID=7580

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook