RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

napoleon_in_rags

May 17, 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #1 of 11 (1979 views)
Shortcut

Madame G's Black Alien
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I climbed Madame G this last week end and discovered the Black Alien on the first (technically second) pitch is loos in the crack. Of course, no one should have been clipping it to begin with but now you REALLY shouldn't clip it.

The race is on for whomever can claim it as historical Booty.

lucander

May 18, 2007, 8:57 PM
Post #2 of 11 (1855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [napoleon_in_rags] Madame G's Black Alien [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've always looked forward to that being my first piece when stringing pitches together. It's a sad day on the ridge.
DL

joeforte

Jun 4, 2007, 2:23 AM
Post #3 of 11 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whats wrong with clipping fixed pro?

Partner happiegrrrl

Jun 4, 2007, 3:07 AM
Post #4 of 11 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joeforte] Madame G's Black Alien [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's not the clipping of fixed gear you have to worry about, it's falling on it that's the problem.....

jakedatc

Jun 4, 2007, 3:50 AM
Post #5 of 11 (1741 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Madame G's Black Alien [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you mean there might be something wrong with those corroded pink tricams with the white slings? Wink

curt

Jun 4, 2007, 6:24 AM
Post #6 of 11 (1734 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What sort of retard would place a black Alien on Madam G's in the first place?

Curt

climbingbetty22

Jun 4, 2007, 2:49 PM
Post #7 of 11 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Madame G's Black Alien [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Someone too cavalier about the grade of the climb...

Happens in the Gunks ALL the time.

I do get a kick out of the number of welded-in-place pink tricams I've come across at the Gunks. I wonder if anyone has done an actual count....

Partner happiegrrrl

Jun 4, 2007, 4:36 PM
Post #8 of 11 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingbetty22] Madame G's Black Alien [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't been on that climb but once, and it was before I bega leading, so I wasn't even aware of placements.... Don't remember any fixed gear, probably because the leader didn't clip the one(the infamoud drkodos led me on that one, and he taught me how to best succeed with roofs)....

....but I would guess the sort of person who would place a black alien on the climb would be the sort who has no real use for a black alien in the first place.

So, the great Goddess of Climbing, who is a kind and caring goddess, and only wanted to help him(yes, it must have been a guy) lighten his rack so he might improve his ability to send, whispered..."ooh babeee...put it in here...."

Unfortunately, the n00b got scared. because after all...it can be scary when the ck starts talking to you. The n00b, being unable to calmly rationalize the situation, being a n00b, got sketched. And when sketched, what does a n00b do? We look right dead center ahead of us and feel we MUST protect. NOW.

And thus it was, that fateful day. Not looking one step to the left, nor the right, nor up - and certainly not down - the n00b saw the little slot....He whipped out his #2 cam...

"Shit! Too big!" he whimpered. Then pulled out the next smaller size. "Fuuuuuckkkkk!" he railed, as his legs began to vibrate.

Down and down in size he went, losing steam along the way like a tea kettle burning dry, until there was but one little camming unit left - the infamous Mr. Black.

Fingers shaking, barely able to unrack, he pulled the trigger and - WHAM! He slammed that sucker in.

And promptly fell off the route.

"mmmm", moaned the Goddess. "Hope it was as good for you as it was for me....."

divad

Jun 4, 2007, 9:54 PM
Post #9 of 11 (1687 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Geez Terrie, sounds like once was enough.

curt

Jun 5, 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #10 of 11 (1674 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
...I would guess the sort of person who would place a black alien on the climb would be the sort who has no real use for a black alien in the first place.

So, the great Goddess of Climbing, who is a kind and caring goddess, and only wanted to help him(yes, it must have been a guy) lighten his rack so he might improve his ability to send, whispered..."ooh babeee...put it in here...."

Unfortunately, the n00b got scared. because after all...it can be scary when the ck starts talking to you. The n00b, being unable to calmly rationalize the situation, being a n00b, got sketched. And when sketched, what does a n00b do? We look right dead center ahead of us and feel we MUST protect. NOW.

And thus it was, that fateful day. Not looking one step to the left, nor the right, nor up - and certainly not down - the n00b saw the little slot....He whipped out his #2 cam...

"Shit! Too big!" he whimpered. Then pulled out the next smaller size. "Fuuuuuckkkkk!" he railed, as his legs began to vibrate.

Down and down in size he went, losing steam along the way like a tea kettle burning dry, until there was but one little camming unit left - the infamous Mr. Black.

Fingers shaking, barely able to unrack, he pulled the trigger and - WHAM! He slammed that sucker in.

And promptly fell off the route.

"mmmm", moaned the Goddess. "Hope it was as good for you as it was for me....."

I really wasn't expecting that sort of detailed reply to my question--but, I suppose that does sound about right.

Curt

lucander

Jun 5, 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #11 of 11 (1667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
And when sketched, what does a n00b do? We look right dead center ahead of us and feel we MUST protect. NOW.

I've been doing this for five years, you should have seen the nest I made on Resistance last week. Or Anguish two weeks ago. Or Gory Thum a month ago. Or Bonnies...every time I do it.

DL

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook