RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

goatsoup

Sep 30, 2002, 2:36 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1218 views)
Shortcut

which ABS comps should i compete in?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does it matter if u compete in ABS comps out of ur state or only those in ur state, how does the ranking thing go. More areas u climb better ur chance? am i like way off track, anyone know?

madriver

Sep 30, 2002, 3:50 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1218 views)
Shortcut

which ABS comps should i compete in? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gavin

Yes your off base and no it does'nt matter what state you compete in. ABS is basically an orgaizing and sponsoring vehicle in which gyms can set up buuldering comps in a consistent manner? (rambling)..compete wherever you can. Your placement in that local comp is not relavent to regional and national qualifying. You can qualify for the National Final at either a regional qualifier or try and qualify at Nationals. There is no ranking like the USCCA. The qualifiers and Final are also ranked like movies..I.E if a qualifier is ranked "R" you better be cranking V8 and up otherwise it is probably not worth your time. Local comps are supposed to be in the "G" to "PG" range. ABS is about fun and bouldering it's a great organization. Check out there web site and join up.. the raffles are cool. (you don't need to join ABS to compete but it helps keep the ABS ball rolling!) Good luck and good climbing!

Comp Dad

MAd River....

[ This Message was edited by: madriver on 2002-09-30 08:52 ]

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook