Premier Sponsor:

trebork2
Deleted

Jul 30, 2007, 1:53 PM
Post #1 of 4 (872 views)
Shortcut

Nwotsemaj, Amabala
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So about a week or so ago I put up a post in the South forums seeking a climbing partner while I was in Atlanta. Sthcrag510 was nice enough to get ahold of me and invite me to go out to Jamestown, Alabama this past Saturday for some good ol' trad climbing. I hadn't climbed any rock outside since moving away from Boise last October. I climbed ice all winter in my new home of Alaska. I've been on the road since the end of Feb. with work so I was pretty excited to get out on some real rock.

So it's Friday night, next thing I know it's Saturday morning at 1:30 and I'm like sh*t I have to met him in five hours. So I grab some quick zzzz's and meet up with Sthcrag510. Both of us having late nights the ride is pretty quite except for the nasty smelling town we drove through that had us gagging.

We meet up with Dynamo_ and Lightorknot at an intersection and head to the crag. After a nice wake you up and burn off the alcohol approach we are at the Harvest Wall where Dynamo_ will start us off on a nice warm up. Yum Yum Tree 5.7

About twenty five feet up on Yum Yum Tree

Nearing the top of Yum Yum Tree

So we all run through Yum Yum Tree on top rope then scoot a few climbs down to Truth or Consequences which is a 5.8 with a very nice roof in it.

Dynamo_ getting ready to hit the fun stuff

After we all ran through that on top rope we strolled down to White Wall for some more climbing. It was raining off and on which made the rock slippery in some spots but we weren't about to let some rain ruin the day. It only added to the fun of 90+ degree weather and 120% humidity.

First up at White Wall was Sth510crag on Pickin' N' Grinnin'. It was a nice so called 5.7 with about a 5.10 slab start until we moved down about ten feet to the 5.7 start.

Pickin' N' Grinnin'

Clipping into a piece

I don't remember the names of the next climb so maybe Dynamo_ or somebody can throw the names out there.

Sthcrag510 chilling while Dynamo gets ready for the fun roof

Dynamo_ finishing up the finger crack

There was another route or two we climbed but I wasn't able to get photos of because of this thing called belaying. I guess it's important or something. It was a good day. Sweat of 20 lbs, talked about chicks that like to lick armpits and drank a few cold ones at the end. Then we all said goodbye, got in our cars and drove home to make a post about what color of chalkbag would make us climb harder.

Cheers!!!

overlord

Jul 30, 2007, 2:05 PM
Post #2 of 4 (866 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trebork2] Nwotsemaj, Amabala [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nice TR...

did you screw up the title on purpose or is it a typo?Tongue

trebork2
Deleted

Jul 30, 2007, 2:34 PM
Post #3 of 4 (860 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] Nwotsemaj, Amabala [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HUGE TYPO!!!! Wink

winglessangel

Jul 30, 2007, 7:16 PM
Post #4 of 4 (836 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trebork2] Nwotsemaj, Amabala [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

trebork2 wrote:
There was another route or two we climbed but I wasn't able to get photos of because of this thing called belaying. I guess it's important or something. It was a good day. Sweat of 20 lbs, talked about chicks that like to lick armpits and drank a few cold ones at the end. Then we all said goodbye, got in our cars and drove home to make a post about what color of chalkbag would make us climb harder.

Cheers!!!

yeahh, that's a nice conversation...Pirate

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook