Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Big Wall and Aid Climbing:
Pee techniques. Suggestions from the ladies?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

roscoclimber

Oct 28, 2002, 9:17 PM
Post #1 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Pee techniques. Suggestions from the ladies?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

To broach a - ah - "delicate" subject; I'm looking for some advice from some of the ladies. My wife and I are 90% ready to try a big wall. My wife's current state-of-mind is this: leading A2, leading 5.9 free, cleaning, jugging, docking the pig, flagging the ledge, etc, etc are NO PROBLEM. Her largest remaining concern is this. What's the best way for a woman to pee? Should she forgo modesty, moon the valley and pee while hanging from her harness? Should she try to pee into a bottle? What about while on the porta-ledge just before crawling into the sleeping bag? Should she pee into a bottle? That could be quite the balancing act on a shifting ledge! Anyway, any advice on this subject will be quite welcome. Hey, it's not as fun as discussing gear tips; but just as crucial according to the wife.

lilred

Oct 28, 2002, 9:31 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Pee techniques. Suggestions from the ladies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would suggest hitting up the ladies room for this question...
I've never had big wall experience myself, but if I had to go, I'd bring a device with me that made it as easy for me as it is for my guy...you can get them off the internet.

Partner polarwid

Oct 28, 2002, 9:33 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I believe this topic has some good answers in this thread, in THE LADIES ROOM, the place where your wife can get all of her questions answered.

rckjk

Oct 30, 2002, 6:02 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You can pick up a little thing called a Freshet at your local outdoor store. What it is, is a funnul shaped thing with a little hose. I like to call it the pee like a guy thing. With this you don't have to pull your pants down or any thing like that. Just hold it in place with one hand down your pants and then aim the hose into a bottle or what ever you want to pee in.
Good luck. PS. My Lady had me rolling the first time I watched her use her's. She shock it off when she was done just like we men do. It was so funny.

sparky

Nov 2, 2002, 2:47 AM
Post #5 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this reminds me of the time my sister and i went climbing, it was only five pitches but when you gotta go you gotta go, about three pitches up she decide she couldn't wait any longer so whil she was seconding she found a nice alcove out of sight and let it fly, this young lady's name will remain anonomyus due to the fact that she gets embarressed eaisly i say forgo modesty, you'll be 1000 feet in the air what is someone going to do climb up and say, "I saw you taking a wizz, sucker" And if they do just tell them you are very proud of them and give um a big hug.

maculated

Nov 2, 2002, 3:27 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Talk to flagstaff climber about this. I'm totally incapable of what he taught his daughter, but it's cool if you can do it - pee standing up!

lostangel

Nov 2, 2002, 3:34 AM
Post #7 of 7 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

they acually make a devise for this!!! I seen it!! goto yor outdoors store and they make a cup like insterment with a hose on it! she wont even half to moon the world!!!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook