RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

stevendo

Apr 13, 2010, 6:15 PM
Post #1 of 3 (695 views)
Shortcut

a short story w/ wolverine publishing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

i'm not sure if this is an appropriate place for this post. if it is great, if not please move it to where it should be thanks!

i'm sure those of you who climb and/or going to climb at new river gorge know that last month wolverine publishing started shipping their pre-ordered copies of their latest guide for the new.

at the very last minute i went ahead to pre-order a copy online. unfortunately in order to make a purchase you have to have an account, and in order to have an account your last name must be at least three letters.

well my last name only has two letters, and thinking that i could get away w/ making an account w/ a quasi-false last name i could still order. but, when you go to pay w/ a credit card, the billing name defaults to the name on the account.

so the next day(after pre-orders were being taken) i called up wolverine, and the gentleman who picked up the phone was happy to help me and my situation. my order was taken, and i was expected to have a copy within five to ten days(at the pre-order price)

awesome!

two weeks went by and the guide was no where to be seen. b/c i placed the order on the phone i didn't expect a confirmation e-mail, and i didn't pay to have it shipped w/ tracking information.

so w/ another call to wolverine, a really friendly woman picks up. i find out that she had been expecting my call, and explained to me that whomever it was that had initially written down my order decided it was a good idea to also put it in a shredder.

the story ends w/ wolverine sending me a copy of the nrg guide the next day free of charge.

thank you wolverine!! (btw this guide is awesome!)

cjon3s

Apr 13, 2010, 6:48 PM
Post #2 of 3 (663 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stevendo] a short story w/ wolverine publishing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The new New guide book truly is awesome. The approaches are spot on and it's super easy to find all the climbs.

currupt4130

Apr 14, 2010, 8:07 PM
Post #3 of 3 (576 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stevendo] a short story w/ wolverine publishing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

That book is worth every penny you paid for it. Miles better than Caters book.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook