RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

bradlmd

May 5, 2003, 8:53 PM
Post #1 of 4 (944 views)
Shortcut

how do I post a new climbing location
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey I found a new climbing spot and I want to post it on this site how do I do that.

Partner tim

May 5, 2003, 8:58 PM
Post #2 of 4 (944 views)
Shortcut

Re: how do I post a new climbing location [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

On the left of the screen there's a link to "Routes" and some large land masses to start from. Wherever your location is, poke around (maybe use the Routes Search) and if it's not in there, "Add a new area" should do the trick.

Post again if you have problems adding it under the routes db. Do feel free to upload pics and link them to it, as well :-).

ljthawk

May 5, 2003, 9:07 PM
Post #3 of 4 (944 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You may have already thought of this, but just in case. Before you publicly divulge a new climbing area you may want to make sure there aren't any access issues, such a private property, potential popularity and resulting impact on the area, etc. Contact local developers of other areas and they can help asses the risk versus benefit of posting such access.

Here's an example of why. There's a locally bouldering area, to remain unnamed, which is officially closed. Local climbing reps are working hard with the land owner to work out legitimate access, meanwhile many climbers are sneaking in and climbing anyway; hurting any possibility of arranging legitimate access. Recent pictures were even posted on this site. Long story short the climber who posted the pictures was contacted and explained the situation, he voluntarily removed the pictures and has even agreed to help out with access.

Again, you may have already thought of that.

L.J.
www.seclimbers.org

Partner tim

May 5, 2003, 9:11 PM
Post #4 of 4 (944 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mmm, good point. I kind of figured this went without saying (I purposely give vague directions to areas where I'm not sure that the impact will be positive, or I don't give directions at all).

Perhaps it would be a good idea to remind people of that on the "Add a new area" page. I think I'll do so. Thanks for the suggestion, btw.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook