RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

ezjay40

Sep 26, 2003, 4:43 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Guess where
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wow
I forgot what a magical little place this was !
There is this historical town sitting in the fork of these two major rivers. The N folk of the potomac and the shenandoah rivers .
Man what a view !
So a friend of mine had just moved to this area . We meet at the train station and walk across the bridge to the rock {This could be the crux}
Standing at the base... Wow this place is big ! So we pick a line to the right of the powder sign . With a couple of 4 moves then up a ramp to a old 1/4" bolt with a square nut.{ not much}100' Then back left to a broken ridge allosome climbing maybe 5-5 or 6 to a nice ledge 100' so I'm sitting there taking in this wonderful view ! Now the hole town comes into view. With the Big hotel and the old grave yard perteched atop the hill and all the little shops "Man"
But their is just so much more climbing here I hate to say anything ! But I'm looking at this 8' roof with a 2" lay back crack in it... thats just screaming to be climbed ! So we meander on our way . Up this vegetated ramp to a face , up and around the corner to another 10' face and to the top 60'
WoW what a great day
So I guess u now where I'll be spending this fall at .
and clean the lose rock off for me. will yah !

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook