RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Partner iclimbtoo

Feb 12, 2002, 7:36 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1549 views)
Shortcut

College and Climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It seems that there's a lot of us here in college, so I am curious as to how you all fulfill your #1 passion while living in the dorms. Personally, I have built a sort of "climbing cave" on the underside of our loft. Some of my friends built a wall in their commons room. Others I know scale some of the colleges buildings and we even have people occasionally rapp off of a 90 ft bridge we have here on campus (I wouldn't be guilty of that!! ) So what do you all do, those of you in college. And if you're not, give us some ideas! That is, besides quitting college and moving out to Montana or Colorado...hehehe!

brinton

Feb 12, 2002, 7:54 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1549 views)
Shortcut

College and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The college seen has some unusual ways to get out. There's this old railroad bridge crossing a river that has limestone blocks to boulder on. Some of the buildings are pretty decent too. Other than that, there isn't too much close to campus.

daggerx

Feb 12, 2002, 1:49 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just do what im doing, I dont start college to the fall but im going to wait till next winter, well anyway I will not go to the college unless there os climbing within 25 mins of campus.

aulwes

Feb 12, 2002, 2:26 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Our small university (~2000 studendents), we started a rockclimbing club. Then we went through all the channels and after several months, we were given $$$ to bouild a small bouldering wall in the Student center. Every semester we ask for more $$$ to expand the wall and so far they have given us about $800 per semester, to build and add on to the bouldering wall thats what we have done.
(and yes we have been known to do a 100ft rappel off the water tower)

cyberdragon

Feb 12, 2002, 2:44 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well u go to a college that has a Climbing wall in it.
At East Carolina University we have a built in wall, bout 30 ft high by 40 ft long.

Plus we have an Adventure Center where we take climbing trips all over the state, plus backpacking, kayaking, etc.

I'm at the wall at least 5hrs a day.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook