RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

okcdirtbag

Dec 31, 2003, 5:43 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Attention All Oklahomans!!!!!!!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok any of you who knew of the bridge in okc it no longer exists, after seven years of beatufil work and comraderie the city decided to remove it with no warning or notice... it trully made my heart sink...

superdiamonddave

Dec 31, 2003, 7:20 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Re: Attention All Oklahomans!!!!!!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

KW, This truely bites! We did get lucky all these years to use this place, but I have a feeling that another place will turn up before too long. The author of the bridge (and we won't use any names here) has told me that he knew our using the bridge for this purpose may one day come to an end. A few years ago he told me of another location that he had in mind should anything happen, so don't give up hope.

We used to have so many great times out there with so many folks. Even the great Doug Robinson came out from California to join us on a couple of occasions. He said our bridge was better than any he has ran across on the West coast. Of course, he didn't come just for the bridge, he was actually doing some guiding in the Wichitas and was conveniently in the neighborhood.

I have had sooo many good times out there I can't even count them. From our cookouts, bonfires, parties, and even camping. We all climbed during periods of heavy sleet, rain, snow, and the hottest of summer days. We climbed well into the night using headlamps, lanterns, and spot lights. The place was a mecca in the flat lands.

Too many memories...and they are all good.

roughster

Jan 2, 2004, 4:02 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1137 views)
Shortcut

roughster moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roughster moved this thread from General to Access Issues & Closures.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook