RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

Partner nextascent

Jul 10, 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1031 views)
Shortcut

Looking for pics...any advice?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Do any of you know of a decent place to get stock photos that don't cost an arm and a leg? My site for my business is going up soon and I'm needing some more skiing/snowboarding and snow mountain pictures.

I really don't mind paying somebody for them, but the cd's of photos I could find were pretty spendy.

Thanks,

Lisa

akornylak

Jul 11, 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1031 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for pics...any advice? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Lisa,

I'm sure you've discovered this already, but photographic reproduction rates are based on usage; photographers and stock sellers have complicated tables of pricing for all manner of sizes, publication types, durations, and so on.

You can get "Royalty Free" photographs from the larger agencies who have so many "secondary" images they sell them in bulk for cheap, usually on CD-ROMs.

However, as a photographer, I would encourage you to track down individual photographers who have the material you are looking for, and ask them what their usage rates are for whatever you need. I assume you want to use images for your commercial web site. You should think about how long you need to use it, how large on the page, how many pages, and how many hits you expect it to get. Be professional, and expect professional service.

If you have any questions or need some pointers in the right direction, feel free to email me.

Cheers
Andrew Kornylak

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook