RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

catga86

Jul 23, 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #1 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Slackline Express... Questions From A Novice
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am thinking about buying a slackline kit from slacklineexpress.com. I am torn between buying the 50ft one (45 bucks) or the 30ft one (25 bucks). Which one should I buy? There are also some options/add ons to the order that I can take.. should I use any of those (Options like Carrying Handle, Foam Padding, Super Tensioning Slide Lock, Slide Lock etc.? Here is the link if ya'll are interested..

http://slacklineexpress.com/...9c74eeed4130d6426676

Thanks For Your Help

teddy

Jul 23, 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #2 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Re: Slackline Express... Questions From A Novice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just ordered one from there a few days ago, and after considering the same thing, I realised that the 50ft one is more versatile and has more options for like $15 more... It can be shortened down to 30ft after all.

Just so you know mine hasn't gotten here yet so I can't really say anything about the kit itself.

catga86

Jul 23, 2004, 11:41 PM
Post #3 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When it gets to your house tell me what you think of it... How easy is it to set up?

:wink:

Partner slacklinejoe

Jul 24, 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #4 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Your answer might be found under our Frequently Asked Questions page.
http://www.slacklineexpress.com/faqs.htm#picking%20kit

In reply to:
"I want a kit but I'm not sure which one to get. How should I pick?"
SJ - We get asked this a lot.

The intro kit has a couple advantages, its light and small. Down side is that it uses thinner webbing and is only rated for a single person on the line. It's great to get people started since it's so cheap they can afford to try one out without feeling bad if they don't get into the sport much. One downside is while 30' may seem long at first once you get the hang of slacking 30' doesn't seem all that long so it may leave you craving longer lines. If you've gotta have a light/small setup, this would be a good setup for simple lines around the camp fire and its extremely easy to use.

The deluxe is a bit heavier but has much higher quality materials all the way around and has a full 50' walkable distance. I pretty much recommend anyone who is going to stay with slacklining to get the deluxe since you'll be happier in the long run since you won't have to buy a longer line later and you won't wear it out for a very long time.

Partner slacklinejoe

Jul 24, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #5 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
When it gets to your house tell me what you think of it... How easy is it to set up?

If you'd like to see what others have said about it check out our gear reviews. A lot of those reviews came from people here on the forum.
http://www.slacklineexpress.com/gearreviews.htm

P.S. I'd rather not clutter up RC's slackline forum with business related stuff. I sure don't want to seem like a advertising ranter; I only posted that much because it was already directly about my site. So if you guys are interested you can always contact me directly and I'm always happy to help.

P.P.S. Teddy, your line should be there pretty soon. I'm curious at how long it takes USPS to get a package to get to Australia.

catga86

Jul 24, 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #6 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes.. I saw the FAQ page on your site, and also I saw the reviews, but I also wanted to hear from 'the horse's mouth.' Ya'll have a lot of great reviews, but there could be a few people out there that think differently than the reviews posted. I want to hear both sides too.

Partner slacklinejoe

Jul 24, 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #7 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yes.. I saw the FAQ page on your site, and also I saw the reviews, but I also wanted to hear from 'the horse's mouth.' Ya'll have a lot of great reviews, but there could be a few people out there that think differently than the reviews posted. I want to hear both sides too.

Cool, I just wanted to make sure you knew they were there. We don't filter our our reviews to make anything look better, those are straight up all of them we've recieved.

catga86

Jul 24, 2004, 12:41 AM
Post #8 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for you help

-Cat

lv2climb7

Jul 24, 2004, 4:06 AM
Post #9 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Partner slacklinejoe

Jul 24, 2004, 5:09 AM
Post #10 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I just ordered one a couple days ago, the 50ft one. I LOVE it! The setup is simple and it is very durable and works awesome. I would reccomend getting the zip sling upgrades because the regular ones seem comlipcated. I got the zip sling and they are very simple. I can't figure out the tree friendlies, the webbing just jams inside when I try to put it through so I'm not using them. Good Luck! :D

Thanks for the tip, I'll add more on the instructions on the tree friendlies. Basically, cut the foam in half making two shorter pipes, place a sling inside each via the slit and tape it shut. Adding extra layers of tape going around the whole thing will increase durability a good deal. This is a bit more work than cardboard but it packs up kinda small and will stay on the slings when not in use. On the topic, I do have a new type of tree friendlies made out of 2" webbing I'm getting ready to start offering, they are very nice but a PITA to make.

I agree about the zip slings, very nice upgrade but I offer the others for those trying to save a few bucks. However, the doubled buckles look way more convoluted than they are to actually use.

lv2climb7

Jul 24, 2004, 6:04 PM
Post #11 of 11 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks~I understand the tree friendlies now, I've been trying to put the sling through the hole :? :oops:

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook