Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Climbing Photography:
How long does Climbing Mag keep submitted film?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

matttracyg

Aug 16, 2004, 4:32 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1082 views)
Shortcut

How long does Climbing Mag keep submitted film?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I submitted film to Climbing Magazine nearly 3 months ago and am wondering how long they will typically keep it.
I've read their Contributers Guidelines and it says:
In reply to:
After the initial edit, we will return the remainder of your photos to you in a reasonable and timely manner.
Also it says:
In reply to:
How long will you hold onto the photos you keep?
I will hold onto the selects I keep out of your submission for as long as I feel that they have a good chance to be published. I will return any of your photos to you when I feel they no longer have a good chance to be used by us, after they are published, or if you at any time request them to be returned. Again, it is fine to contact me regarding any specific circumstances here.
They're not exactly prompt in responding to emails and it makes me think they don't want to be bothered. Also, what is "reasonable and timely?"

Bottom line, is that I don't mind if they want to keep my film with an intent to use it, but I wish they'd send me some sort of courtesy email or some notification of their intentions. Is this too much to ask? What does everyone else think?

timstich

Aug 16, 2004, 5:32 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1082 views)
Shortcut

Re: How long does Climbing Mag keep submitted film? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Call them on the phone, then. Calls are not as easy to ignore as e-mails. Be polite, of course.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook