RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

lv2climb7

Aug 29, 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Shaking line
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

climbingurlie

Aug 30, 2004, 12:56 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shaking line [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If the slackline is wobbling from side to side, bounce on it up and down. It should stop shaking. As for your problem with the racheting, I'm not quite sure about the spool thing.

Partner slacklinejoe

Aug 30, 2004, 1:24 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wobbling a lot is pretty stanard while your learning. It only shakes because you are shaking it, albeit unintentionally. The stiffer you get and the faster you try jerking the worse it gets, try moving very slowly and smoothly and it'll help get you over that jittery hump.

After you get more and more relaxed on the line, it calms down a bunch. The tip about up and down bounces is correct, it overrides the side to side vibrations with bigger up and down bounces that tend to be easier for beginners to handle (plus it's kinda fun). Once you relax more on the line, it'll come much more naturally to sway side to side.

Thats just my perspective, I'm sure others have plenty of tips and insights to wobbling.

As for two "spools" I might be able to explain that a bit better. I'll make the assumption that the ratchet you have is built for 2" webbing and your using 1" webbing (ie everything we sell that isn't the intro kit) and during ratcheting it forms more of two "piles" of 1" webbing on the 2" wide take up spool on the ratchet. This applies to using any similar type of ratchet for slacklines, not just our stuff. See photos below:
http://www.slacklineexpress.com/images/ratchetspool.jpg
Ratchet just starting out.

http://www.slacklineexpress.com/...es/ratchetspool1.jpg
Ratchet full of webbing, ie really damn tight.

You start off with the line going in and out of the slot more or less straight, once you start ratcheting it angle it off to the side until it starts being pulled into a seperate "pile" on the spool (for lack of a better word). To save yourself a lot of trouble trying to force it to pull straight, leave at least an 1/8" to 1/4" of a gap between the edge of the take up spool's slot and the webbing as you start. That little gap will help keep the webbing from being twisted against the edge of the ratchet. The slot itself is 2 and 1/4" so it still has room for the gap and two piles. Let me know if that didn't make sense, it is rather difficult for me to put into words.

climbtothebeet

Aug 30, 2004, 2:17 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

when i saw the title i thought this was a story of somebody coming uyp and shaking the line while sombody was walking. i had somebody do that to a freind of mine, when he fell he got a pretty serious concussion.

but, for the question, just relax, its stop.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook