RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

dynoguy

Sep 28, 2004, 1:02 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Mean Camalots
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just thought I'd share this humoress experience that happened to me this weekend. While cleaning an off width I was struggling to remove a #5 Camalot. I guess I put a little too much muscle into because when it came out I punched myself in the lip with it! Needless to say it was swolen for the rest of the day. Anyone have a run in with mean gear?

benpullin

Sep 28, 2004, 1:06 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mean Camalots [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was first learning to trad climb, I took a fall and slammed my right flank into the rock.

No big deal, except I was wearing a gear sling with the rack on my right side. The cams ripped my shirt and my skin like deep cat scratches. Still have the scars...

pearl_jam_rock

Sep 28, 2004, 1:12 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mean Camalots [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was leading startrek wall at the New River gorge and my belayer was a little excited about his first chance to second a trad route. He was playing around at the bottom after i set up the top belay and pulled a #2 out of a wide crack into his face. It gave him a black eye and i had to wait at the top while he tried to stop the bleeding from his nose. He is a little more serious these days.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook