RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

endeavertoclimb

Nov 7, 2004, 9:54 PM
Post #1 of 3 (839 views)
Shortcut

Wild Country Wildwire quick draws
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey does anyone have any information or opinions on the wild country wild wire quick draws?? I sport climb mostly some top rope. May trad some. Are these as safe and durable as regular gate draws??? Thanks. I was thinking of the heliums but these are light too and cheaper.

urban_rocker

Nov 7, 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #2 of 3 (839 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wild Country Wildwire quick draws [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

The wall where i work/climb is sponsered by Wild Country, and when it opened (about 4 years ago) they kitted out the whole place with these. They are really light (85g for a 10cm and 87g for a 15cm) have a beautiful gate action, look great, easy to clip, I can only fault them on the nose snag (eliminated by Heiliums) go for them, have clipped them thousands of times and love em.

Rob

dukeclimber

Nov 7, 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #3 of 3 (839 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wild Country Wildwire quick draws [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wildwires are by far my favorite biner. I climb mostly trad and use them for trad draws and on my cams. They are bigger and clip better than a Black Diamond biner of the equal weight. I recommend them, but if I was planning on mostly doing sport, I think I'd buy 6 or 8 draws, then by strip them down and only use the Wildwires for the rope side. Maybe straight gate Spirits or DMM wirelocks for the bolt side? I've never had much trouble getting the Wildwires off a bolt, but most of what I do is vertical. If you're going to be spending you time on overhanging sport routes, you'll probably want the notchless biners for the bolt side.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook