Forums: Climbing Information: General:
"New" classification for routes database.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

sed

Dec 6, 2004, 6:30 PM
Post #1 of 2 (793 views)
Shortcut

"New" classification for routes database.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Maybe this has been brought up already, I'm too lazy to do thorough research. I was thinking it might be useful for the person listing a route in the database to be able to identify whether or not it is a new route. When I say "new" I mean the route was recently put up, not that it was just added to the Dbase. Also be great if any interested user could search by state then come up with a list of new routes. I'm sure there are climbers that would like to know when new routes are put up and route developers don't usually put routes up for their own health, they enjoy knowing others are enjoying them. They could remain in "New" status for say a year or so. It would be cool for people to know when someone spent weeks or months of blood, sweat, and tears into putting up a new route. Many climbers are addicted to guidebooks and new routes won't be added to books in most cases for years after the fact.

Any thoughts, opinions or insults?

boltdude

Dec 6, 2004, 7:12 PM
Post #2 of 2 (793 views)
Shortcut

Re: "New" classification for routes database. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In the Owens River Gorge section of the database, "new" climbs are preceeded by a "~". Eg:

Old Route
~New Route

"New" is defined as put up since the last edition of the main (Marty Lewis) guide, which was published in 2000. When the next edition comes out, people can simply remove the "~" for routes in that edition, and use it for any newer routes.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook