RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

vbhide

Dec 7, 2004, 3:30 PM
Post #1 of 3 (694 views)
Shortcut

When climbing truly begins....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I believe that after you have a certain amount of power and endurance, no more addition to that can help you increase your climbing grade.

What I want to know is where that threshold lies in terms of the number of pullups you can do, the amount of time for which you can hang in various positions and your finger strenght.

I would love to hear everybody's opinion.

pk

Dec 7, 2004, 3:46 PM
Post #2 of 3 (692 views)
Shortcut

Re: When climbing truly begins.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I believe that after you have a certain amount of power and endurance, no more addition to that can help you increase your climbing grade.

What I want to know is where that threshold lies in terms of the number of pullups you can do, the amount of time for which you can hang in various positions and your finger strenght.

I would love to hear everybody's opinion.

While this would apply untill the upper 12's low 13's it does not apply after that if you make it that far in the grades during your climbing career. Untill those grades technique is your best friend for finding your way up challenging lines.

After 13a or so on many climbs there is simply no way to rely just on your technique alone to gingerly pull yourself up a climb. Many people at this level have to start training real hard for a perticular climb/crux.

If you never plan to climb that hard then yeah strength means very little and technique will normally allow you to overcome most crux moves.

P.K.

andy_reagan

Dec 7, 2004, 7:56 PM
Post #3 of 3 (692 views)
Shortcut

Re: When climbing truly begins.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is no direct correlation. Climbing is not nearly that simple, too many variables.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook