RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

taraus_de_bull

Dec 8, 2004, 12:57 AM
Post #1 of 2 (965 views)
Shortcut

tips for the dimage z1
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, i've had it for a while now and i'm getting fairly used to it. i love it. i was wondering if any one else who has it has any tips to pass on??

a few things i like about it. i took 6" close-ups of a scorpion last winter in arizona, it was really really cool. for anyone with this camera, definate play with the close-up option. The zoom is way cool to, but don't use the digital, just the optical. the digi zoom turns out to be very pixulated and grainy.

question, in general. my only problem is i'm not good taking pictures in low light settings. if i shoot outdoors, i can take some reall cool shots. but on cloudy days or inside, my shots don't look so good? i'm not photography buff, anyone got some tips? i'm sure its me and not the camera, but i don't really know how to shoot good in those light conditions.

thegreytradster

Dec 8, 2004, 3:58 AM
Post #2 of 2 (965 views)
Shortcut

Re: tips for the dimage z1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
question, in general. my only problem is i'm not good taking pictures in low light settings. if i shoot outdoors, i can take some reall cool shots. but on cloudy days or inside, my shots don't look so good? i'm not photography buff, anyone got some tips? i'm sure its me and not the camera, but i don't really know how to shoot good in those light conditions.

Use artificial light sources, fill flash, reflectors, etc. The human eye has the ability to discriminate a contrast range approximately 100 times as wide as film or digital. This means that in low light conditions things that are obvious the camera just can't see. Then we are disapointed with the results. Just experiment more and play with the light sources, make your own contrast. Particularly important for macrophotography.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook