Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Trad Climbing:
Rain and Snow? Where did the SUNSHINE go?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

arostecrux

Feb 19, 2005, 6:12 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Rain and Snow? Where did the SUNSHINE go?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here in not so sunny Flagstaff, Arizona, its been a rough winter. I'm looking at my third month in the GYM! Christ, its not so bad. I'm leaner and stronger, but my spirit, my soul has been tried and twisted by the lack of sun. So much rock, and no good weather. Why why why....Ok, what are you guys doing in March? Lets hear about some sunny destinations in the Southwest or West. Cause I need some motivation and I need to take a few road trips baby!

How is Cochise this time of year?

tradrenn

Feb 19, 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Re: Rain and Snow? Where did the SUNSHINE go? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol:

superbum

Feb 20, 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know EXACTLY how you feel...

I experienced a beautiful early winter in Bishop...lived there for about four months and climbed almost every day. A huge storm hit, dumping multiple feet so I ran away to J-Tree. Well, stepped out of my truck into SNOW! Of my first ten days there I only climbed four. It got sunny again and I enjoyed life and dry rock for a coupla weeks till the rangers started to smell me...I decided, "Hell, Flagstaff is a coll place with tons of rock and lots of good folk, why don't I go there???" Well, you allready know why that was a bad choice. I've been here (Flag) for just under a month now and climbed in Sedona once (tried twice), The Forks once, the Pit twice, and well, the gym five times. It's enough to make a dirtbag want a job...and then it happened. I now work at the Subway by albertson's on rt. 66 and am dreaming of March when I will get the hell outta this soggy muddy town and jam in MOAB!!!!!!! If you're hungry come on by, I usually work nights...

VICTOR

dingus

Feb 20, 2005, 4:48 AM
Post #4 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Its 4:45 am Sunday, here in NorCal. The last check with the automated weather station at Bear Valley told the sad tale...

27 degrees, 20" of snow since 3 pm Saturday.

Guess this means I'm going skiing???

Yer damn right it does, yee hah!

DMT

steelmonkey

Feb 20, 2005, 8:53 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I decided, "Hell, Flagstaff is a coll place with tons of rock and lots of good folk, why don't I go there???" Well, you allready know why that was a bad choice. I've been here (Flag) for just under a month now and climbed in Sedona once (tried twice), The Forks once, the Pit twice, and well, the gym five times. It's enough to make a dirtbag want a job...

This is one of the funniest (or saddest) things I've ever seen on this site. You move to Flagstaff, a town hovering around 7000 feet elevation, in the dead of winter and then have the brass to complain about not being able to get out climbing? I love it!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partner tattooed_climber

Feb 22, 2005, 6:23 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my bad...i've been singing Sun is shining by bob for the last two weeks...

squamish is great, just ya have to wait till 10am to start climbing (for the frost to burn off)

vegastradguy

Feb 22, 2005, 6:35 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pfft. i'm in las vegas...in the middle of my regular climbing season and i've been trapped inside for two weeks running! we had a couple weeks there of perfect weather, but most of this winter has been me going to the damn gym!!!

when will it end????

bubba

Feb 22, 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
my bad...i've been singing Sun is shining by bob for the last two weeks...

squamish is great, just ya have to wait till 10am to start climbing (for the frost to burn off)

I'm with you Tattoo. I was in Squish today and it was a warm and sunny 16 degrees C.

Partner philbox

Feb 22, 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Move to sunny Queensland where it is just about perfect all year round ceppin in the dead of summer. Ya just hafta go down to have a surf then. Smatter fact ya can do that year round too. Snow, cold, pffft wot up wit dat, it never happens in sunny Queensland. The only ice I`ve ever seen round here is what I scrape out of my freezer. It does get a frost on the ground on occasion in the dead of winter. Of course that only happens in the mountains. On the coast they wouldn`t know what frost is.

Partner gamehendge

Feb 23, 2005, 2:02 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm w/ you guys. I'm supposed to be in SUNNY So. Cal. I've only been out to climb 4x since the new year. I can't take another weekend in the gym for fack sukes. I get enough of that during the week. Even Josh is underwater. Arrrrghhhhh.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook