RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

punkclimber52

Feb 18, 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Denver climbing conditions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was just wondering what the conditions around the Dnever area are for climbing this upcoming week as I will be heading out there on Wed.

punkclimber52

Feb 19, 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Re: Denver climbing conditions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bump

punkclimber52

Feb 21, 2005, 7:43 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya know, it's interesting, i've always heard people talk about how Denver/Boulder area climbers are stuck up and snobby, but i never really believed it. But now i'm starting to see what they mean. I've had 55 views of this thread at the time of this message and no one has replied.

Now, I know that people in other regions are more than happy to share beta. i've even noticed this in the phoenix area, that local climbers here glady share beta with whoever and whenever, they even offer there services to meet up with visitors to show them around at the local crags. But here i can't even get what the local weather and climbing conditions are, geesh, now i know what people mean when they said that Denver/Boulder climbers were stuck up and i must agree with that sentiment.

dpurf

Feb 21, 2005, 7:48 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just because they hve not replyed to your post, does not mean they are snobby. They are most likely out climbing becasue of the great weather. Now tomorrow the weather turns south. so I don't think it will be ideal. The reason I know the weather is because I am here (in Denver).

maldaly

Feb 21, 2005, 7:52 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey punk,
You log the thing on Fri and expect people to answer over the weekend? hey, they were just out doing field research for you. weather.com has the best weather report. On site, still some mud but that's usually avoidable. Climb in the sun. South facing slopes and routes are dry. Good rule of thumb: If it 45 or higher and there's sun and no wind, the climbing is great. Climb in the sun. Don't climb in the wind. BTW, I think all the views you refer to are others who want to know the conditions too. Don't be scared of Denver/Boulder climbers. We don't bite.
Mal

couchwarrior

Feb 21, 2005, 8:15 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey punk,
You log the thing on Fri and expect people to answer over the weekend? . . .Don't be scared of Denver/Boulder climbers. We don't bite.
Mal

Actually, I'll bite. Instead of ranking on a bunch of nice people you've never met, how about taking a few mouse clicks to do your own weather homework? Besides its utility for doing milf searches and arguing about which belay device works best, the internet has several sites that might be helpful to the travelling climber who isn't bright enough to figure out that mountain weather in late winter is variable. Here are a few places. . .

www.weather.com
www.weatherunderground.com
http://geosurvey.state.co.us/avalanche
www.denverpost.com

Have a great trip!

punkclimber52

Feb 21, 2005, 8:40 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL, i figured that post would draw out a few comments.

dpurf wrote:

In reply to:
Just because they hve not replyed to your post, does not mean they are snobby. They are most likely out climbing becasue of the great weather.

out climbing but they still have enough time to read the post, because as i already said, there were 55 views of my post, and no replies. But seems like i finally drew out some beta, too bad i had to flame the locals for it, my apologies.

maldaly wrote:

In reply to:
Hey punk,
You log the thing on Fri and expect people to answer over the weekend? hey, they were just out doing field research for you. weather.com has the best weather report.

couchwarrior wrote:

In reply to:
Actually, I'll bite. Instead of ranking on a bunch of nice people you've never met, how about taking a few mouse clicks to do your own weather homework?

I was unaware that internet sites gave the conditions at the actual crag (ie. temp, wind, whether or not there is snow covering the rocks as that has happened to me before after driving an hour and a half to get to there and then i can only turn around and drive back). So my sincerest apologies for not checking out those wonderfun internet sites that give all that great information.

Looks like i have finally gotten some beta, sorry for having to flame, but se la vi. :lol:

sandbag

Feb 21, 2005, 8:48 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
LOL, i figured that post would draw out a few comments.
BLAH
BLAH
BLAH
and more bloviating...
Looks like i have finally gotten some beta, sorry for having to flame, but se la vi. :lol:

C'est la vie

Hope you climb better than you type french, and enjoy your stay. Its always a crap shoot here in the early springmid winter. Your best bet is to look at the NOAA satellite images and then follow the predictions from them.
Good luck

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook