RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

zozo

Mar 17, 2005, 4:24 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Congrats to a climbing partner!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have you ever had a partner with whom you climbed your absolute best at all times? You climb better, try things you didnt think you could do, pushed your limits and always suceeded? Ive been lucky enough for the last few months
to have such a partner. And due to life's little suprises her life is about to radically change and Im not sure how much I'll get to climb with her for the foreseable future. I think like real friends and relationships these are very rare commodities. Enjoy them while they last.

Just wanted to say congrats and thanks!!

overlord

Mar 17, 2005, 8:27 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Re: Congrats to a climbing partner! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have one. hes a really strong and experienced climber thats a really cool person to boost.

doesnt mind belaying me while im doging some .11 when he has the .14 next door in hes sights.

the funny thing is hes so positive that you just cant try with less than maximum effort once hes talked you into climbing something you normally wouldnt. and normally you succeed.

plus theres the added bone of knowing wholl be retrieving the gear if you cant quite make it to the top.

cchildre

Mar 17, 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Been climbing a little less than a year and I have really only had one climbing partner to date. I have been out with some other groups but no one I could call my partner per say. That said, when he doesn't come along for a trip, I usually slack off and do not climb nearly as hard as when he is around. He is super motivated and attacks the rock with a vengence, this rubs off on me and I work harder, but I also think we compliment each other as I temper his enthuasim and keep him from overdoing it and burning all his juice early in the day.

strongerthanyesterday

Mar 17, 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yes! i have. and i LOVE her!!!!!!!!!!!

vegastradguy

Mar 17, 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i've been fortunate to have several folks who have motivated me to push my limits while at the same time having a great time...thanks to all of you!!

tradrenn

Mar 18, 2005, 4:37 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would have to say Sam. When climbed with him I felt 100% I was relaxed and only occupied with climbing my route. He was the only person I trusted with my life 100%. Now he moved away because of his new day job and that realy SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS I just hope I will find somebody like him in the future. Now I know only one thing when you can trust your partner 100% that's when climbing is all the best, is amaizing and yes "better then sex".

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook