RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

Partner yannbuse

Mar 22, 2005, 6:21 PM
Post #1 of 3 (921 views)
Shortcut

Conditions at Huntington Ravine, NH
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi!

I have plans to go up to Huntington Ravine this weekend and was wondering what the conditions were like. Im a little concerned... last thursday i was climbing on the ice in Kinsman which seemed abundant, then i went to go see a friend in TNF summit shop and i was told that the middle two-thirds of Pinnacle Gully has no ice and can now be rock climbed. A couple days later, from a different source, i was told that there is ice. Anyways, i want to get up there and do a couple last minute ice routes, and was wondering if anyone had any info on the conditions up there. Should i be taking my rock shoes too? drop some screws for a bigger trad rack?? Is it worth it going up there to climb ice?

thanks for your time

YAnn

crag

Mar 23, 2005, 1:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 (921 views)
Shortcut

Re: Conditions at Huntington Ravine, NH [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check:

http://www.neice.com & http://www.chauvinguides.com for condition info on the gullies. I'm thinking you'll be OK.

adamwvt

Mar 23, 2005, 3:11 PM
Post #3 of 3 (921 views)
Shortcut

Re: Conditions at Huntington Ravine, NH [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I climbed Pinnacle Gully on Tuesday the 22nd in great conditions. Just under 7hrrs car to car. The ice was plastic at the bottom, and styrofoam at the top. Hero ice all the way. Pinnacle looked the best, but everything else looked in.
We had 8 screws, and no other gear, and the rack was just about right. We didn't need snow shoes or any rock gear. Belayed the first pitch and simul cimbed the rest. It is definatley worth it, although I am a little sore this morning.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook