Premier Sponsor:

bold
Deleted

Jun 30, 2002, 3:55 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

getting back into shape?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

to whom ever has the best answer,between college and trying to make a living i haven't really got to climb in about 10-11 months. I know that my performance isn't going to be near as good,but my question to you is what is the best way to get myself back upto par,so to speak?not only upto par but quickly up to par.THANKS.

extremesport

Jun 30, 2002, 4:18 AM
Post #2 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

getting back into shape? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well first ?? how much time are you working with. If you have a little while such as a couple of months go with some gym or outdoor climbing or bouldering builds power fast because you can do a lot of it for a extended period of time. also regular gym type exercies would help build muscle. its about repatition and endurance.

drop a line with how it goes

good luck
Pete

jono13

Jun 30, 2002, 5:18 AM
Post #3 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FINGER BOARD, BOULDERING, AND JUST CLIMB! Thats the best u can do! if ur at work, buy one of those forearm trainer rings, really works your forearms, adn their cheap and easy! cheers
jono

elmohoof

Jun 30, 2002, 7:06 AM
Post #4 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brother, I am with you! I gained pound for pound the same weight with my wife while she was pregnant. I started a fast paced, hour intensive job, graduated from school, and now have to look after my 6-month-old daughter. I am praying for the motivation and free time to just get outside. I am having to psych myself up to get in some mood to go for a bike ride.
The other posters were correct, though, climbing is the best medicine. The only addition I would have is to include some cardio, and watch your diet. You will wonder in a few years what happened to your metabolism if you aren't careful.
Climb on!
Nick

bold
Deleted

Jun 30, 2002, 5:00 PM
Post #5 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i just want to thank everyone for their info. You don't know how much it has helped me.thanx.this is to everyone that can feel me.climb on!

peta

Jul 1, 2002, 5:16 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm with you on that...jsut go tback to NZ after 3 months cruising around Africa...went climbing yesterday indoors and nearly fell off!! Now I am running and gyming and climbing everyday to try and get back to some sort of condition...and it hurts!! Keep at it!

slyder

Jul 1, 2002, 5:35 AM
Post #7 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I feel ya man. I am getting off a shoulder injury - been out for a few months. Actually, I haven't really climbed mush since last fall... (Supposedly, I wasn't going to be able to climb for a few years. The doctors thought it was a torn rotator cuff, but turned out to be tendinitous...) Anyway, I feel ya in the training part. I'm almost out of my physical therapy and am going to have to train like a mofo to get back into shape. Anyway, good luck to ya gett'n back into it.

Peace.

-Brian

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook