Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

ajkclay

Sep 19, 2004, 1:31 PM
Post #76 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Re: Marijuana + Climbing? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you free solo/boulder smoke away. This way you won't be endangering anybody's life. No matter what end of the rope your on your can endanger the other climbers around you by being high. Not knowing how to deal with emergency situations/ accidently trundling rocks onto peoples heads these are all worries that I would have climbing around those that are stoned. When you climb stoned you are yet another responsibility that those around you have to deal with. If you are going to light up do it at home!

And for good measure
:deadhorse:

got it in one, oh and congratulations! I nominate you for the "Best use of the floggin' a dead horse smiley" Award! :lol:

jipstyle

Sep 19, 2004, 4:43 PM
Post #77 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
1st off Its illiegal.
2nd it f--- up your gudgement
3rd you could seriously injure or kill someone if not yourself
4th its not worth it
5th your retarted to touch a joint
6 if you cant drive drunk or high, why should climbing be any differant

pot & alcohal+climbing= dead climber/climbers

Boy, I'd hate to be retarted!

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/...ics/BasicEnglish.gif

jipstyle

Sep 19, 2004, 4:44 PM
Post #78 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Whoa, dude... Explore the expanding mind trip of English grammar and spell check. But beware - it might be a gateway to effective writing composition and other more serious anomalies.

:lol:

You win the Creative Smackdown of the Day Award! :D

pontificuswrecks

Sep 19, 2004, 5:24 PM
Post #79 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to climb with this complete bozo (but I needed a belayer!) who thought he was SO subtle. Just as we approached our route he would grimace about having to take a dump, and then go off and blaze up prior to climbing. Bottom line, I never fell on him so I can't rate his ability to handle, umm, a gri gri (which I believe even a dedicated junkie could operate). The notable thing about his marijuana use was that he seemed awfully patient and easily self-entertained, which is a good quality in a belay tron. Still, I typically used little aid backups when I wanted to be sure I lived (if I fell), and I dumb-climbed to be certain not to fatally compress his reaction time envelope. Only a pothead will tell you that he's sharper when stoned. Yeah, right, like you can judge these things when altered. Nevertheless, the inherently simple-minded nature of a pot smoker makes for a great rope holder. As for his climbing ability, he tended to be amazed by lichen patterns on route, but honestly this is a rather endearing side-effect.

goodwholesomeboy

Sep 19, 2004, 5:30 PM
Post #80 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just do what you want and don't bash others for what they do.

dangle

Sep 19, 2004, 7:04 PM
Post #81 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just found this thread because I've been out smoking dope and putting up routes. After meandering through the dead horses I came away with a few laughs and a few thoughts.
Sometimes I joke about being a drug addict with a climbing problem (Even if you have money, climbing can still pose a problem). For me climbing is also a creative outlet where I think out how I want others to be able to enjoy the setting. Many times this is pondered while the smoke wafts. I also have often toked after a demanding pitch, less often before.

It surprises me that nobody has pointed to the original relationship between climbing and hemp or is everyone that young?

If it were up to me, after laboring harder for the benefit of others, I would prefer if bigga, iclimblilrocks and snowrocker would climb the routes of others.
As for other PMs:
timmah- Enjoyed your reminding us what www means. If you're up this way I'll show you some good climbs. 'Til then toss another dwarf on the barbie for me.
rcarat- Love the sign.
jipstyle- Actually after having one tart sometimes its fun to have another...
D(rilled)Angle, aka Ron Olevsky

Partner okie_redneck

Sep 19, 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #82 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I find it amusing that this topic gets so much attention. Sports are what got me into smoking. We used to take the "sacrament" before our runs in cross-country track. It didn't make me run any faster, but I enjoyed something I love a little more. I usually don't smoke at the crags out of respect for parents that shouldn't have to explain to their kids what that funny smell is. That is not to say that I never smoke while climbing on private land. I basically try to respect others. If my partner is sober, so am I.

rocloco

Sep 19, 2004, 8:12 PM
Post #83 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It helps me focus and mostly release pre-climb jitters, but only in moderation. If you're baked out of your gourd you won't feel like climbing and you will get stupid! All slow to process and react. You better know what your doing with both how much you're smoking and with the rock your on! All little bit can help a lot though. Anyway, I can see why people are bored with the topic. The people who smoke are gonna say yeah, great it's fine and the people that don't are gonna say hell no it isn't safe. Not much room vor variety in conversation. It's fairly black and white. It's up to your personal taste and mostly up to good old acceptable risk. It can be safe and it can be dangerous depending on what kind of climber and what kind of head you are...

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 19, 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #84 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hahahahhahaaa - even Jen Capriati was caught years ago for smokn' a doobie HAHAHHAHAHA - the tennis players are not safe from the call of their 'heads.'

In reply to:
Well, maybe you should stick to tennis or something--whatever wimps do? I dont know---you tell us.

That said, I don't smoke...(and no, I didn't say I've never smoked).... I found I ate a lot... Instead of a small kitty, if I kept it up I'd probably be a lil chunky kitty HAHHAHAHAHHAAAA (I am a foodie).

With regard to DEA - LOL no, they don't care if you smoke - their after the big boys - and the big stuff that they do confinscate is held w/in a huge vault as evidence...after trials, the DEA 'supposedly' places the evidence in insinerators...however, we all know very well some of that shit 'somehow' makes it back onto the streets, etc. If DEA wanted to crackdown (seriously) on the 'war on drugs' it has the necessary means/resources/budget; however, if all the drug lords are wiped, what then?! It's a HUGE money maker and everyone knows it. Money, in turn is power.... and if one things for a moment that this 'war' is going to end, they are sadly mistaken.

Even the poorest of the poor will jump aboard and become human transporters, because the money they get will go to their families and in turn continue the 'life-cycle' for the drug trade. Whichl, you pay the transporters, make them happy or scapegoats, make the drug seers happy as they are powerful and rich, and think about all of the people they employ....does one really think that destorying a lucrative business in a poor society is somehow going to bring betterment among its town/village or whatever?

And since I am rambling on incessantly (well, I know my facts are pretty straight).... I think it's pretty damn funny that the commercials about those who try pot will somehow end up sticking a needle in themselves. The drugs, as most will note are differentiated into different classes - we have our stimulants, depressants, designer drugs, natural drugs and the like. I guess my point is, I don't see how one drug such as pot leads to droppn' an 8-ball or something.

I recently read an article that stated more people are getting into car accidents due not to cell phones, but eating while driving. Think about it, lol more accidents occuring because some person is too busy stuffn' a big mac down his/her throats?

Or how about the habitual pill poppers? In many studies, it was/is found that there is much drug abuse amongst nurses. So, the person writing your prescription or whatever, may in fact, be completely f'd up...but somehow maintains focus on their jobs...

Okay, I am done LOL

If you want to, then do so, responsibly - it is possible. If you don't, then don't. Don't judge unless you are ready to face judgement.

xooxox warmest of purrrrssssss

crag

Sep 20, 2004, 3:43 PM
Post #85 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And since I am rambling on incessantly (well, I know my facts are pretty straight)....

Just an outsiders observation here - but rambling on incessantly has proven (well I know my facts are pretty straight) to be a common side affect of smoking pot - would someone please pass the Doritos.

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 20, 2004, 3:52 PM
Post #86 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hahhahahaa - no, lol I do that sober too.

Ah, but I do recall years (think over 10 years ago) doritos and cream cheese....mmmmm

In reply to:
In reply to:
And since I am rambling on incessantly (well, I know my facts are pretty straight)....

Just an outsiders observation here - but rambling on incessantly has proven (well I know my facts are pretty straight) to be a common side affect of smoking pot - would someone please pass the Doritos.

crag

Sep 20, 2004, 7:24 PM
Post #87 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Ah, but I do recall years (think over 10 years ago) doritos and cream cheese....mmmmm

Cream cheese! Certainly you partied in a much higher circle than I used to. Plus applying cream cheese to a Dorito would take entirely too much time especially since the Dorito had already navigated it way into my hand.

dingus

Sep 20, 2004, 7:31 PM
Post #88 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Cream cheese! Certainly you partied in a much higher circle than I used to. Plus applying cream cheese to a Dorito would take entirely too much time especially since the Dorito had already navigated it way into my hand.

Efficiency is as important in the world of Munchies as it is in alpine climbing. Here's a Tech Tip for you bro...

It is WAY INEFFICIENT to spread your cream cheese on a dorito, only to eat the combined mass. That is not the WAY. No.

Here's whatchya do.

Ya takes that Dorito and ya puts in your mouth. Then take a butter knife, or a piton, or your finger, and ya takes a swipe of cream cheese and ya sticks it in your mouth. Close your lips around the thing with the cheese on it and lick it off as you pull it out. Strive to have a clean butter knife when you withdraw it (this is KEY, Brough!).

Now, chew. You will note that doritos thusly creamed will taste the same as those blanketed with the white stuff prior to mouthal insertion. Less mess however.

Now here is the True Tech Tip... some of your mates may cry foul about double dipping. I mean, that knife or finger or other protrusion was just in your mouth, now its back in the cream cheese for MORE? Potential YUK!

Offset that YUK with a perfectly clean knife. No one is likely to notice you are sharing more than just your opinion when you double dip that cream cheese! And if they do notice you can claim the 'clean knife' exemption.

Yer welcome ya double dipping homie!

DMT

jimlas

Sep 20, 2004, 7:51 PM
Post #89 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really dont care what anyone does on their own time, and like someone said before, if you're soloing, by all means go for it. i would just hope that if your not soloing, youre informing the rest of your group so they can decide if they want to continue to cliimb with someone whos messed up

johnson6102002

Sep 20, 2004, 7:52 PM
Post #90 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this can be a very fun activitie in mho opinion only if u trust ur belayer a real lot and i only do it on top rope. i feeel that i climb better that way bc i go for anything and can stick lines better than i could regular and i go bigger all the time that way. well o do as u wish not as everyone else in this forum tells u too and have fun its a experiance thats for sure

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 20, 2004, 7:56 PM
Post #91 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL - or fresh sliced proscuitto mmmmmmmmmmmm - great now I am hungry!

In reply to:
In reply to:

Efficiency is as important in the world of Munchies as it is in alpine climbing. Here's a Tech Tip for you bro...

It is WAY INEFFICIENT to spread your cream cheese on a dorito, only to eat the combined mass. That is not the WAY. No.

Here's whatchya do.

Ya takes that Dorito and ya puts in your mouth. Then take a butter knife, or a piton, or your finger, and ya takes a swipe of cream cheese and ya sticks it in your mouth. Close your lips around the thing with the cheese on it and lick it off as you pull it out. Strive to have a clean butter knife when you withdraw it (this is KEY, Brough!).

Yer welcome ya double dipping homie!

DMT

hjahhahaa - I just took a chip and then as though slicing through butter, dipped my chip on the edge of the cream cheese bar LOL..... but, I think Dingus' method is one to try out as well :P

dingus

Sep 20, 2004, 7:56 PM
Post #92 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i would just hope that if your not soloing, youre informing the rest of your group so they can decide if they want to continue to cliimb with someone whos messed up

Who do you think I am, Dingus BOGART?????!!!!!11111*****

DMT

dingus

Sep 20, 2004, 8:01 PM
Post #93 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
hjahhahaa - I just took a chip and then as though slicing through butter, dipped my chip on the edge of the cream cheese bar LOL..... but, I think Dingus' method is one to try out as well :P

That's like so 3rd grade you bad little kitty! What happens when that lowly dorito breaks? Your finger takes a slide through the cream cheese or a part of the chip is buried in there like a soggy wet blanket. That is a Dorito Ground Fall as far as I'm concerned.

NO!

If you're already using your finger, no harm, no foul. But this is doritos and cream cheese! I can hardly imagine you using your finger to that? No, doritos are a step up from fingr dipping, purposely or otherwise.

This technique really shines with those little Kraft cracker and cheese thingies... with the little red plastic plank? Pop the cracker in, shovel in some cheese behind it. No more broken crackers and cheese smeared all over your fingers.

I'm tellin ya! It's Gospel.

DMT

jimlas

Sep 20, 2004, 8:06 PM
Post #94 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whos that? Im not trying to offend anyone, I am just voicing my own opinon. i personally have encountered way too many accidents and injuries involving some form of drug...including pot...for me to trust anyone whos messed up, whether it be rock climbing or driving in a car with them, or anything to that matter

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 20, 2004, 8:10 PM
Post #95 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL HAHHAHAAA - that's when you take another dorito and save the lil fella and scoop him up!

(Now you have me remembring my childhood - my dad used to get the McDonald's cookies, the ones w/ a character on them. He'd allow me to dip them in his coffee...but did I do that? NOooooo, I would dance Mayor McCheese on the rim of the coffee cup and, *Oppss* he'd fall in... and at the last swig of coffee, my dad was met w/ cookie sludge)

LOL and yes, the Kraft Crackers N'Cheese...nah, I like to delicately take the cheese and smooth it out upon the buttery light crispy cracker ;)

In reply to:
In reply to:

That's like so 3rd grade you bad little kitty! What happens when that lowly dorito breaks? Your finger takes a slide through the cream cheese or a part of the chip is buried in there like a soggy wet blanket. That is a Dorito Ground Fall as far as I'm concerned.

NO!

If you're already using your finger, no harm, no foul. But this is doritos and cream cheese! I can hardly imagine you using your finger to that? No, doritos are a step up from fingr dipping, purposely or otherwise.
This technique really shines with those little Kraft cracker and cheese thingies... with the little red plastic plank? Pop the cracker in, shovel in some cheese behind it. No more broken crackers and cheese smeared all over your fingers.

I'm tellin ya! It's Gospel.

DMT

chouca

Sep 20, 2004, 9:00 PM
Post #96 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I gave up pot as soon as I started climbing; the two activities seemed opposed. But many of the Stonemasters during 70's were hittin' the bong quite hard while pushing the limits of every type of climbing. Plenty of the young upper 5.14/V13 crowd enjoys a smoke as well, and it's not visibly slowing them down at all.

I still feel like pot is going to hinder your potential in most aspects of life. But to each their own. The more people that get there edge worn down by weed, the easier it is for ambitous non-tokers to get ahead.

Marc B.

cloudbreak

Sep 20, 2004, 9:11 PM
Post #97 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The more people that get there edge worn down by weed, the easier it is for ambitous non-tokers to get ahead.

....just keep telling yourself that.

jeep4evr

May 3, 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #98 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In honor of this month's Alpinist Magazine issue X referencing this forum thread in its Puff the Magic Climber article, I thought I'd bring it back and see how many more pages we can get.

As for my 2 cents, just swap the reefer for some nice dried mushrooms. I for one wouldn't be able to get 1 inch off the ground before I were too preoccupied with the rock face oozing into the deck. No one gets hurt, problem solved, and the psychedelic craving is once again fixed. :twisted:

avalon420

May 3, 2005, 1:17 AM
Post #99 of 108 (10344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah yes, Dingus, what great tips u had for all the amatures and noobs.
Smoke pot,
Check your knot
Climb hot.

bvb

May 3, 2005, 1:25 AM
Post #100 of 108 (10171 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

team blimp's motto:

Bong Loads Improve My Performance.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook