First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

kansasclimber

May 8, 2005, 2:00 AM
Post #1 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

I hate being a GOOD CLIMBER!
Report this Post
Can't Post

I remember the days only being a 5.10 climber. Enjoying the movement, and all that. Now it seems like the harder the climb, the more you have to pull hard, and lunge to the next hold. People, never get as good as me, its not worth it. The grades of .10 and lower are money, after that, its not any more interesting, the holds just keep getting smaller, and more crappy.... GAH.. I HATE BEING GOOD....

Stephen

boardline22

May 8, 2005, 2:06 AM
Post #2 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Re: I hate being a GOOD CLIMBER! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

some one is sacarstic, or bragging, or both, but probabaly the former

curt

May 8, 2005, 2:10 AM
Post #3 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I remember the days only being a 5.10 climber. Enjoying the movement, and all that. Now it seems like the harder the climb, the more you have to pull hard, and lunge to the next hold. People, never get as good as me, its not worth it. The grades of .10 and lower are money, after that, its not any more interesting, the holds just keep getting smaller, and more crappy.... GAH.. I HATE BEING GOOD....

Stephen

Relax--you're not.

Curt

takanhase

May 8, 2005, 2:16 AM
Post #4 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
People, never get as good as me, its not worth it. The grades of .10 and lower are money, after that, its not any more interesting, the holds just keep getting smaller, and more crappy.... GAH.. I HATE BEING GOOD...

Maybe you should quit climbing if you are SO GOOD. I mean what’s the point... you live in Kansas after all! And there’s no point to improving. Share your spraying somewhere else, as no one care's. if you are sooo good maybe you should learn a little! maybe put your skill to the task of teaching someone who is new to the sport of climbing. I don’t know if this will help. But it sure beats bragging to all about how cool you are!

pushsendnorcal

May 8, 2005, 2:25 AM
Post #5 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's good
14.B
V12
13.B Trad
Placing top 5 in any national level competition or placing in finals in any international competitions

hmmm.... are you good?

outsideguyzak

May 8, 2005, 2:25 AM
Post #6 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you are so good, then what do you climb?

valeberga

May 8, 2005, 2:30 AM
Post #7 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lol,

But I think there is a point to be had here, just because it's harder doesn't mean it's more fun; but then also just because you climb rocks, doesn't necessarily make you a rock climber...

galt

May 8, 2005, 2:31 AM
Post #8 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Stop flaming Stephen guys, he's simply being honest.
I actually had the same problem a few years ago with my incredible good looks. I found the better looking I became the worse looking those around me looked. Seriously, my incredible body, my impecable charm, my amazing wardrobe... everyone else is simply... average.
I went into a deep depresion for 3 months never leaving my mirror, simply staring at myself. Then I realized something... My incredible looks were a gift to be shared with the world! Today I have to look at other people, but THEY get to see me & I know that is an incredible gift for them to be able to do.
Stephen, do not hide your natural gift. Allow other people to witness it as they will never be able to acomplish it themselves! Everyone else, don't hate me for being so good looking... love me because I allow you to see me!

cgailey

May 8, 2005, 2:43 AM
Post #9 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know, I hate being able to fart so well. You know, as I have become a better farter, I've noticed that the farts don't have any more substance, they just increase in volume and length. I miss the days of the "oopsie daisy trou fillers" and the "suprise yourself omg SBD's." Seriously guys, stick to the simple farts...the uncertainty is way more satisfying than constantly having to control your exhaust. Just let it fly, and never get as good as me.

areuinclimber

May 8, 2005, 2:51 AM
Post #10 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, we might as well just sit back and wait for the apology thread......

you dork. :roll:

kansasclimber

May 8, 2005, 3:37 AM
Post #11 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a difference in being good, and being a "freak", which V14 is under... I simply am stating that im too good for my own self, climbing has merely become an excercise. I love to do it, but i just have to strong of... everything. Especially in Kansas, I have ticked every single route at our gym (on lead). What the heck am i suppose to do now. I now go to oklahoma and places such as this for one day road trips and come back with FA (like last tues.). I have been trying to just climb the crack in the natural concrete of the place, im sure it will go at V12 or so, im just tired of being so good, its just... wierd....

Stephen

Partner gamehendge

May 8, 2005, 3:44 AM
Post #12 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Stephen

Relax--you're not.

Curt

hahahahaha :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hate being such a good H and A pusher.

curt

May 8, 2005, 3:45 AM
Post #13 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is a difference in being good, and being a "freak", which V14 is under... I simply am stating that im too good for my own self, climbing has merely become an excercise. I love to do it, but i just have to strong of... everything. Especially in Kansas, I have ticked every single route at our gym (on lead).....

Stephen

Well sure, I mean what's left for you in the world of climbing after that?

Curt

climbsomething

May 8, 2005, 3:47 AM
Post #14 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This troll wasn't funny or effective last time, you know...

Partner gunksgoer

May 8, 2005, 3:48 AM
Post #15 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Stephen

Oh go cry me a river :evil:

sick_climba

May 8, 2005, 3:48 AM
Post #16 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
some one is sacarstic, or bragging, or both, but probabaly the former
Um yeah I agree, tell me what was the point of this post if it was not to brag? It was not asking a questiong. It was not stating somthing that could be taken as advice, its simply to show off. I don't exactly have room to talk because I have done some trolling too, but seriously I don't do stupid crap like this. And if you hate being a good climber than why climb? Most climber climb to enjoy it and get better and be more chalanged but obviously you are an exception

maxuda

May 8, 2005, 3:50 AM
Post #17 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like being a greenhorn. It is the most fun. There some things in life I have been good at it sometime things do tend to get one jaded. But so far, the most fun climbing seem to be in the beginning when everything is new. I can't help it all in my head most of the time and that makes it a challenge. Maybe you should do something tough like crab fishing in the Bering Sea.

kansasclimber

May 8, 2005, 3:52 AM
Post #18 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so now im a troll.... hmmmm, well okay, i just thought i would share me feeling on the subject. Obviously there is no one else that has seen this post that is good enough to understand. Thats okay. im sure curt will get there one day, or has that day passed.... how old are you curt??.... Not meaning to bag on you, but hey you give it all the time, and never take it. Okay, im ready for your inspiring smart remark back now..

Stephen

kansasclimber

May 8, 2005, 3:55 AM
Post #19 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And by the way, the point to this post was to see if anyone else has felt this way.. guess not.. I just got off the horn with my buddy kehl, maybe i can get him to back me..

Stephen

thomaskeefer

May 8, 2005, 3:56 AM
Post #20 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="kansasclimber"]There is a difference in being good, and being a "freak", which V14 is under... I simply am stating that im too good for my own self, climbing has merely become an excercise. I love to do it, but i just have to strong of... everything. Especially in Kansas, I have ticked every single route at our gym (on lead). What the heck am i suppose to do now. I now go to oklahoma and places such as this for one day road trips and come back with FA (like last tues.). I have been trying to just climb the crack in the natural concrete of the place, im sure it will go at V12 or so, im just tired of being so good, its just... wierd....

Now that is some funny stuff.... thanks, you made my night

curt

May 8, 2005, 3:58 AM
Post #21 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
....im sure curt will get there one day, or has that day passed.... how old are you curt??.... Not meaning to bag on you, but hey you give it all the time, and never take it. Okay, im ready for your inspiring smart remark back now..

Stephen

http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/Shannon.html

Curt

nuts_r_us

May 8, 2005, 3:58 AM
Post #22 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you think Lance Armstrong or Tiger Woods ever bitch about how they are so good that they aren't challenged anymore? You are nobody, except in your own mind. If you were good, you would be climbing for a living. Clearly you are not good.

thomaskeefer

May 8, 2005, 3:59 AM
Post #23 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh and by the way... there are tons of gyms between you and CA, I would reccomend not coming to the CA gyms, and especially the CA climbing areas, until you have sent all the gym routes on lead, from the sit start using no feet with hands tracking (and yes, that means the green taped one in Tulsa rock house!!)

sick_climba

May 8, 2005, 4:01 AM
Post #24 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And by the way, the point to this post was to see if anyone else has felt this way.. guess not.. I just got off the horn with my buddy kehl, maybe i can get him to back me..

Stephen
ok i see your point now... but think about it a better way to aprotch this situation so you didn't come off as such a trol would be to say mabye..."Hey guyz i was wondering does any one out there feel like they are not being chalanged enough in the sport of climbing? almost as if there climbing skills and how good they are has taken away the fun from it? if so what are you sugestions on putting the fun of it back in and making it a reality again?" sorry for being such an ass in my previouse post, but the way you put it made you sound like a major troll. :roll:

drubt

May 8, 2005, 4:02 AM
Post #25 of 80 (7407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

come on stephen, I've met you and I didn't think you would actually say something like that. seriously though, if you don't like trying to pull hard anymore and really enjoy climbing 5.10 then climb 5.10 just because you can push the grade doesn't mean you have to. get our of that gym and go on a roadtrip and climb trad the whole time it's more fun anyway then you'll have to climb lower grades than your super gym ability has allowed you to climb.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook