RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

liverspot

May 15, 2005, 6:53 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Climbing around Minden
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Guys,

Heading up to a cottage for the May 24 and me and my buddies were trying to find some bouldering / sport / toproping climbing around the Minden area. Since we have no clue about what is around there any help would be appreciated.

tradrenn

May 15, 2005, 7:18 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing around Minden [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Up there is nothing. Maybe some staff up in Algonquin Park, just go hiking and if you see some rocks try to boulder them. That's what I did back in 2000, I went on trails north of highway 60. Good hiking and a nice pictures is what I mostly got.

geezergecko

May 15, 2005, 9:05 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a store in Huntsville that sells climbing gear among other things. I was in there one day last year and asked about climbing in the area. The reply I got was "There are places to climb but there are no places to climb legally". The cliffs are all on private property. There is a college in the area that has an agreement with one of the owners. So unless you know a friend of a friend of an owner, you are pretty much out of luck.

graniteavenger

May 20, 2005, 3:10 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Ya,
I was mainly a paddler back in ON, but I do know of a few cliffs up in that area.
There is a crag just below the lookout above Minden, just off Hwy 35 (the right side, just as you come to the food places). Also, up at the "Firehouse Restruant" further up the road on the way to Algonquin Park. It is where 2 lakes are joined up, there is a bridge and the resturant is on the right side. Park here and walk in behind it. Sorry the descriptions are a bit vauge, but it has been about 6 years or so since I have been out that way. There is also the Eagles Nest in Bancroft, but access was rather sketchy. It is right across form the Tim Hortons.
Your other chance to find out more would be to contact Wild Rock outfitters in Peterborough, one of the guys there should be able to help you out.
Good luck!! :D

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook