RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

jg

May 18, 2005, 9:12 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Keep your gear out of my gear!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Maybe I am just getting old and fussy, but I just got back from a short road trip and this seems to be getting worse each year. You are at the base of a crag, maybe the first ones there, and you put down your pack and gear in a convenient but "out of the way" spot and start climbing. Pretty soon along comes other parties, which is just fine, but they invariably plop their gear right on top of where you have your stuff. Now I can understand if there is a only a narrow ledge and not much room, but when there are acres of nice flat ground why do some of you feel like you have to unload your gear right where others already have theirs? Aside from being a nusiance, it increases the chance that gear will get mixed up and some one will inadvertantly walk off with your stuff. I have had strangers pile their stuff right on top of my pack. Also, people pile their gear right under the start of climbs; I had to tell someone they might want to move their sunglasses and cell phone because I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't fall on them. Thank you for letting me bitch and moan. I will refrain from getting the dog topic started. :evil:

Partner j_ung

May 18, 2005, 9:14 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Re: Keep your gear out of my gear! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I will refrain from getting the dog topic started. :evil:

If, for some reason, you ever feel the need to reneg, please consult the Forum Search first. :)

mgr

May 18, 2005, 9:15 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just marked all of my gear with colored tape. The last time I was out climbing, my partner and I had almost the same gear and it was confusing trying to figure out who's gear was who's, so I decided to mark all of my gear.

angelaa

May 18, 2005, 9:22 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can "One-Up" ya on that topic . . . OK . . well off topic a bit, but it is about people throwing their gear on your stuff!

While climbing @ Potash road in Moab (or PotA$$ road as it is so lovingly referred) I took the 400 foot walk back to my Exploder only to find someones entire rack on my Hood! :twisted:

Looking back I should have reamed the guy a new one, but I was so surprised that anyone would even think of doing it . . I was floored!

Right behind my car was his brand new Jeep - of course he wouldn't think of putting his rack on his NEW Jeeps hood [or in the sand for that matter] but on my black Explorers hood he had no problem :?: . . .

found out later he was from Boulder. . . but I won't start that war! [I have met some GREAT Boulder climbers, but they do have a reputation!]

I should have just said - HEY BOOTIE!! - and took off with it! :roll:

bluenose

May 18, 2005, 9:27 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I should have just said - HEY BOOTIE!! - and took off with it! :roll:

That's what I was thinking while reading. Drive away...slow enough that the gear doesn't fall and fast enough that they couldn't catch up. Maybe, if you were nice, stop before getting too far away and put it on ther ground. "Oh, I'm SOOOOO sorry, I didn't see it there. :roll: "

Heh.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook