RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

robbiehirsch

May 24, 2005, 8:58 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Setting up a slackline
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey I'm just learning how to slackline and I set one up the other day and it was pretty loose. I was talking to one of my friends and he said that I should thread smaller webbing through the 1" stuff to make the line a little more stable. I know this is done on highlines but I was wondering if people do that for standard lines?

Thanks,
Robbie

Partner fire_eyes

May 24, 2005, 9:06 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Re: Setting up a slackline [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey robbie! I set up a slackline in my backyard about a month ago to work on balance. I got lots of info from hard-core slackliners out at Josh and never heard of running thinner webbing through the 1", but maybe you could...

Do you have the line on a 3-to-1 so you can tighten it down? Mine gets wet from the sprinklers (so I'll have to replace the webbing a few times a year...but the benefit of falling on grass is worth it!!) anyway, when it's wet I crank on it a little more to tighten it up. Seems to work.

robbiehirsch

May 24, 2005, 9:08 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah I was using the tightening system on this page:
http://www.wanderingphotographer.com/...ne_systems/index.htm

it seemed to work really well, maybe I just need to tighten it more next time

Partner fire_eyes

May 24, 2005, 9:55 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I only weigh 125lbs and I found that I needed to tighten my new line after each use the first few times. Like I said, it might be because it gets a little wet, but now I have stopped needing to tighten it everytime. I think it's just that the webbing will stretch a certain amount or knots get tighter, etc. then once you get it to a certain point it'll stay about that tight. Least, that's my experience. Hope someone can give you better info! Have fun!

Partner slacklinejoe

May 24, 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Threaded lines are a common method of adding redundancy in lines that are life critical. Your average backyard line doesn't need to be threaded.

Threading a line does add a slightly different feel to it, some like it, others don't. It makes the line heavier and usually stretch less (easier to tighten).

Re-threading a line is a lot more expensive than optimizing your tightening system. It also changes the feel of the line enough to notice.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook