Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

fracture

May 25, 2005, 1:00 AM
Post #1 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

yoga-ups
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yoga-ups have helped my climbing far more than any training methode currently advocated by any one!!!!!11

It has even helped me more than SLACKELINEING. And SLACKELINEING even raised my redpoint level by ALMOST A WHOLE LETTER GRAED!!11

Since Ive start doing yoga-ups, I have progress from being a once a month 5.10a toproper, to begin a multi-day a week 5.10c redpoint climbering! All the improvement is becuz of my strict yoga-up traineing programe. And I can tell that FORSURE it is not related to ANY other factors.

I ASSERT that this training method is Way Mo' Better than pullups or even muscle-ups. Think Im wrong? PROOF IT.

So: does anyone else do yoga-ups? Is there anyone who climbs harder than 5.11c/d who doesn't regularly do yoga-ups? Is it even possible???///

that is all.

tchamber

May 25, 2005, 1:04 AM
Post #2 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Re: yoga-ups [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do em all da time,,, jus makes sure ya wears ur helment!!!111

giza

May 25, 2005, 1:04 AM
Post #3 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hahahaha.......T.8

davidji

May 25, 2005, 1:24 AM
Post #4 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So: does anyone else do yoga-ups? Is there anyone who climbs harder than 5.11c/d who doesn't regularly do yoga-ups? Is it even possible???///
I think they're really bad. Yoga-ups prevent you from developing technique, because you depend on yoga to get up the climbs. The overall fitness gained through yoga-ups will hold you back as well.

Switch to pilates-ups before it's too late.

jeep4evr

May 25, 2005, 1:39 AM
Post #5 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what the f'ck is a yoga-up? Doing pull-ups in tree pose?

Partner coldclimb

May 25, 2005, 1:50 AM
Post #6 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yoga-ups have helped my climbing far more than any training methode currently advocated by any one!!!!!11

It has even helped me more than SLACKELINEING. And SLACKELINEING even raised my redpoint level by ALMOST A WHOLE LETTER GRAED!!11

Since Ive start doing yoga-ups, I have progress from being a once a month 5.10a toproper, to begin a multi-day a week 5.10c redpoint climbering! All the improvement is becuz of my strict yoga-up traineing programe. And I can tell that FORSURE it is not related to ANY other factors.

I ASSERT that this training method is Way Mo' Better than pullups or even muscle-ups. Think Im wrong? PROOF IT.

that is all.

Don't be stupid. Everyone knows there's no way slackelineing or yoga-ups could ever help with your climbing. The only thing that could possibly help your climbing is climbing. Ever.

:wink:

andy_reagan

May 25, 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #7 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT SPECIFICITY!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Partner climboard

May 25, 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #8 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've found that throw-ups have improved my climbing more than anything, I've lost 15 pounds already! My esophagus isn't in that great of shape, but hey, who needs to eat solid food anyways?

anykineclimb

May 25, 2005, 1:49 PM
Post #9 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've found that throw-ups have improved my climbing more than anything, I've lost 15 pounds already! My esophagus isn't in that great of shape, but hey, who needs to eat solid food anyways?

LOL!

nd2boostt

May 25, 2005, 2:05 PM
Post #10 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've found that throw-ups have improved my climbing more than anything....

http://www.geocities.com/...agne/Westsyyyyde.bmp

Wesssyyyyde, yo!

jeep4evr

May 25, 2005, 2:57 PM
Post #11 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what the f'ck is a yoga-up? Doing pull-ups in up-dog?

zoebird

May 26, 2005, 4:39 PM
Post #12 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm going to make a big assumption here.

I'm going to assume that the OP means "yoga push up" which is refering to the posture chaturanga dandasana (four-limb staff pose). This posture is great for core strength, balance, stability, hand and wrist flexibility, shoulder stability, chest strength, tricep development, and it's just a fun one to do.

here's a picture: http://yogadancer.com/Pages/Dandasana.shtml#Chaturanga

jt512

May 26, 2005, 4:43 PM
Post #13 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I'm going to assume that the OP means "yoga push up" which is refering to the posture chaturanga dandasana...

Yes, now that you mention it, I'm sure that is exactly what he meant. Thanks for clarifying.

-Jay

Partner taualum23

May 26, 2005, 4:45 PM
Post #14 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I'm going to assume that the OP means "yoga push up" which is refering to the posture chaturanga dandasana (four-limb staff pose). This posture is great for core strength, balance, stability, hand and wrist flexibility, shoulder stability, chest strength, tricep development, and it's just a fun one to do.

here's a picture: http://yogadancer.com/Pages/Dandasana.shtml#Chaturanga

You either need to do some brain-ups or, in the alternative, you do not spend enough wasted time here on arrr-see dot commm.

fiend

May 26, 2005, 4:47 PM
Post #15 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zoebird: the original post was fracture's way of making fun of the other posts he linked to in his post.

In reply to:

Some people think this is funny.

Some others (jt512 and taualum23 I'm looking in your direction) think that it's funny that someone like you wouldn't know what trolling is and, heaven forbid, give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome to rockclimbing.com, don't take anything anyone says as a serious statement.

jt512

May 26, 2005, 4:50 PM
Post #16 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
zoebird: the original post was fracture's way of making fun of the other posts he linked to in his post.

In reply to:

Some people think this is funny.

Some others (jt512 and taualum23 I'm looking in your direction) think that it's funny that someone like you wouldn't know what trolling is and, heaven forbid, give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome to rockclimbing.com, don't take anything anyone says as a serious statement.

Fiend, how about doing some "shut-ups."

Thanks in advance.

-Jay

Partner taualum23

May 26, 2005, 4:53 PM
Post #17 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Zing! Being lumped in with jt512 makes me seriously re-think the tone I take here. I thought the second half of my post would have been sufficient (plus the play with words of a 'brain-up') to indicate that this was not a flame or a noob call-out.
I most sincerely apologize to anyone insulted, hurt, or offended by my callous posts.
NOTE: THis apology is specifically disclaimed as to anything I have ever said(well...almost anything) I have ever said in Scummunity.

zoebird

May 26, 2005, 4:55 PM
Post #18 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, like i said, i was making an assumption that it was serious.

that being said, i'm really into yoga, so i try to respond to just about anything that has anything to do with it. It's pretty easy bait for me--if anyone wants to know.

but, the posture is great for everything that i mentioned and is one of my favorite poses. just from watching climbers in the last few months, (and as i wrote on another post somehwere), there are a number of areas where climbers lack flexibility (and thereby the corresponding/opposing strength). Rotator cuff injuries apparently are not uncommon (from just asking around).

This posture is excellent for healing minor rotator cuff injuries (assuming it's not a significant tear that requires surgical reconstruction) as well as preventing them. It's also excellent for preventing or healing tendonitis and similar problems--which may also come from rock climbing.

So, a little information never hurts. :)

and today's my day off. so i can be on the internet as much as i want. it will abruptly end when my friends get off work and i get to go and do fun stuff. :P

fiend

May 26, 2005, 5:01 PM
Post #19 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taualum23: I originally had a bit of harsher reply, but after re-reading your post I realized that you weren't really being nasty. It does annoy the hell out of me when people are made fun of for not knowing any better. It's something which happens on this site far too often, and a part of the reason why I no longer have any involvement with this site on an admin/mod level.

jt512: you sure told me!

ikefromla

May 26, 2005, 5:02 PM
Post #20 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Fiend, how about doing some "shut-ups."

Thanks in advance.
HAHAHAHAHA

why can't i rate posts today? Fracture and Jay both deserve one.
In reply to:
hey now SOME things said here are serious. from time to time I even make a serious statement. :lol:

Partner coldclimb

May 26, 2005, 5:49 PM
Post #21 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
hey now SOME things said here are serious. from time to time I even make a serious statement. :lol:

PROOF IT! :lol:

gymslackerclimber

May 27, 2005, 2:40 AM
Post #22 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well im a slacker,,, and i enjoy rock climbing,, id say i am a soild 11+ climber.. been slackling for about 2 years and climbing for about 4..

since lackin,,, i have noticed a hudge improvement in my 'body weight distribution' of course climbing surly has improved my climbing,, but i have noticed how slacklining has helped my viulization 10 fold,, my focus is so much more intune when im 'dialed in'...

slacklining can teach your mind to break barriers that were never thought breakable,,, it helps you relax, put aside all the phsychy bullshit and helps you focus on climbing, making that clip, not thinking about how high you are from your last draw and focusing on fullfilling your goal!
and how about breathing,, beside running and climbing, slackling has played a hudge roll in improved my breathing , slowing my breathing down, deep breathing, by breathing properly it allow us to focus and to get centered with our bodies, get 'dialed in'

and that is whats its all about...

ikefromla

May 27, 2005, 2:46 AM
Post #23 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
well im a slacker,,, and i enjoy rock climbing,, id say i am a soild 11+ climber.. been slackling for about 2 years and climbing for about 4..

since lackin,,, i have noticed a hudge improvement in my 'body weight distribution' of course climbing surly has improved my climbing,, but i have noticed how slacklining has helped my viulization 10 fold,, my focus is so much more intune when im 'dialed in'...

slacklining can teach your mind to break barriers that were never thought breakable,,, it helps you relax, put aside all the phsychy s--- and helps you focus on climbing, making that clip, not thinking about how high you are from your last draw and focusing on fullfilling your goal!
and how about breathing,, beside running and climbing, slackling has played a hudge roll in improved my breathing , slowing my breathing down, deep breathing, by breathing properly it allow us to focus and to get centered with our bodies, get 'dialed in'

and that is whats its all about...
:shock: is this an attempt at a serious reply in THIS thread? :wtf:

gymslackerclimber

May 27, 2005, 2:56 AM
Post #24 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
is this an attempt at a serious reply in THIS thread?

yeah,, yeah it is,,,, the thread originator mentioned slackinging and how yoga is better or something like that..

so i decided to write about how 'great' slacklining is,,, and how slackin has improved my climbing like yoga improved that guys/girls clibming

ikefromla

May 27, 2005, 4:27 AM
Post #25 of 34 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
is this an attempt at a serious reply in THIS thread?

yeah,, yeah it is,,,, the thread originator mentioned slackinging and how yoga is better or something like that..

so i decided to write about how 'great' slacklining is,,, and how slackin has improved my climbing like yoga improved that guys/girls clibming
um, the original post was a joke, which you would know if you had read the other responses.
but don't take offense, none meant. whatever, it happens.. but yeh, it's a joke for those that need clarification.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook