RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

rock_fencer

May 23, 2005, 1:31 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Top roping / bouldering
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, Im a relatively new climber whose looking for pretty much anyone to climb with. Im down for weekends cause im doing research at Clemson for the summer. At the gyms i climb 5.8-5.9 range but i want to get more outdoor climbing in. I got harness and some other stuff but no rope yet. Is anyone intrested email me at tntisfun@yahoo.com :)

jimpanzee

May 23, 2005, 2:35 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Re: Top roping / bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I graduated from Clemson a year ago. There are some pretty good places around the area (Curahee mtn, table rock, crowder's mtn, and on and on). If you want to get together with some climbers, go to the Fike recreational center and ask the guys that work the desk at the climbing wall. They should be able to point you in the right diretction. Hope this helps!

rock_fencer

May 24, 2005, 3:11 AM
Post #3 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thnx for the info. ill check it out once i get around to fike.

rock_fencer

May 28, 2005, 4:02 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Still looking for some people to go out with on the weekends. Im down for bouldering, toproping, or seconding if you want to teach me how to do it :) 5.8-5.9 level at the gym though im not sure that translates exactlly to real rock.

clausti

May 28, 2005, 6:02 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

not the closest to clemson... around 6 hours away, but if you've got a notion to come up to the red river gorge, I go to clemson but move up to ky for the summer as of tomorrow. ask around for christina from sc and you'll find me.

getmpowder

May 28, 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im from spartanburg and need a climbing partner for this area if your up for this weekend..... just for small stuff at first maybe even bouldering ......how are your skills at belaying??? I know tons of stuff to climb

rock_fencer

May 28, 2005, 2:21 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I cant this weekend seeing as this is the last weekend for a month that my folks are gonna be in town and family time is a must for them. But Im pretty game after this weekend. I know how to belay in a toprope situation and thats about it as for dynamic or lead belay i know diddly squat except you give more slack and then real it in bigtime if a fall occurs. Thanks for replying though, if you go next weekend let me know.

rock_fencer

May 28, 2005, 2:24 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you just get back from a road trip, cause the guys at fike were talking a bout someone going on a climbing road trip but im horrible with names and cant remember. As for Kentucky it sounds intruiging or when you start the year back up at school. Im in SC technically until sept 1st so whenever. Thnx for the reply though :)

getmpowder

May 29, 2005, 1:37 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey if your around for a little while and your in sc lets go climbing. or if you like bouldering im like a dictionary of the bald. i think its to late to get you together for today / saturday but write back. I live in spartanburg and am looking for people that want to climb and have solid skills at belaying.....! My bouldering season is over but will go if time is limited.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook