RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

diabolix

Jun 1, 2005, 3:20 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Need partner gunks 6/4
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im a new climber and going on my second outing to the gunks this year, will be in town on 6/4, but leaving that evening for home. I follow 5.6 but can push it a little, have harness, c-bag(hah), biners, cordelette, GG, 8, ATC. Getting demo shoes from RandS that day. no helmet.

Looking to climb from 10 or 11 until 3 or 4. Want to hit as many at or under the 5.6/7- level as I can. Don't have a tick list, but someone doing a sub 5.7 classics day would be great. Will be at Rock and Snow in the morning if anyone wants to meet up, and will be hanging in McGillicuddys friday night for a little while. Big dude, long blonde hair/bandanna, army pants, black hoodie/band t-shirt. Just ask for the devil to be sure.

I already had a post but nobody cared and its no longer there. All other posts for that weekend are either friday or sunday, neither good for me.
PM me if your interested

Keep-It-Real

Partner taino

Jun 1, 2005, 3:50 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Re: Need partner gunks 6/4 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Essentially, you want to climb for no more than 4-5 hours, in the middle of the day, on a weekend day, at the Trapps?

I wish you luck in finding a partner that is willing to do that.

T

mistertyler

Jun 1, 2005, 4:55 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, Diabolix -

Just a thought, but you might have a bit more luck finding a climbing partner if you include a bit more info in your post:

1. Whether or not you're able to prusik

If you've only been to the Gunks once and you're new to climbing, it's important to be aware of the fact that route difficulty can vary a lot even within a grade at the Gunks, and that the ability to prusik past a crux will alleviate a lot of pressure from your leader should you need to do so.

2. How much experience you have lead-belaying

3. How much experience you have cleaning gear

Having a helmet may help you find a partner as well, since some leaders (myself, for one) won't consider climbing multi-pitch with you unless you have one.

Cheers and good luck!

diabolix

Jun 1, 2005, 5:18 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I assume by lead-belaying you mean belaying your leader. Sorry but I just haven't heard it in that context until recently. I have used a prussik for rappelling but not for ascending, show me again and Ill be fine, I do carry a cordellette. As for belaying my leader and cleaning gear, I was out with the EMS climbing school for two days in April and did both for two days, and didn't have my leader fall, but payed attention the whole time, and locked off the ATC constantly. As for cleaning gear, I didn't have any problems, I carried a nut tool.

And I know its gonna be crazy this weekend, that's why I wanna be there and meet more climbers. Besides, if everybody and their mother is out anyway, then who's really crazy.

Ive only had two days outdoors so far with super-competent guides, I learned alot, but need to get out there and re-enforce it. Then I won't be some crazy noob with no XP trying get a partner on a saturday.

Isn't there someone knowledgeable who is a beginner leader hittin stuff at 5.6 level?? there's gotta be.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook