Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

adoubleyou

Jun 12, 2005, 2:00 PM
Post #1 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

German girl in ATL for a while
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be in Atlanta for 3 months, want to find a job. I used to live in ATL for 5 years, am back in Germany now, but miss the city like crazy. Climbing has become such an important part of my life, that I definitely want to continue it in Georgia and the surrounding States. I'm looking for some people with the same passion as me. I'm all about climbing outdoors, but enjoy the crowd in the Gym just the same. So if you don't mind me joining you, please let me know. I heard a lot of good stuff about Wallcrawlers. Tuesdays and Thursdays, right?

-Edit-
I forgot to mention that I'll be flying to ATL on the 27th of June, before that I'll hopefully climb with some english friends in Portland.

magic_shoes

Jun 12, 2005, 2:11 PM
Post #2 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Re: German girl in ATL for a while [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Sardinia, Italy now and am moving to Georgia, near Atlanta in October (for about 5 weeks) if you are still around during that time frame can I tag along?

getmpowder

Jun 12, 2005, 2:18 PM
Post #3 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in S.C. and climb in N.C. and some surrounding states. my Email is jmgielow@aol.com soif you want to tag along and you have some rock shoes i have the rest. just tell me if you need a harness. also what level do you like to climb. email me

saxfiend

Jun 12, 2005, 3:26 PM
Post #4 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm all about climbing outdoors, but enjoy the crowd in the Gym just the same. So if you don't mind me joining you, please let me know. I heard a lot of good stuff about Wallcrawlers. Tuesdays and Thursdays, right?
Yes, Wallcrawlers is a very cool gym, a good place to climb indoors but also to hook up with people to go on weekend trips. Like you heard, Tuesdays/Thursdays are kind of prime time. I'm there most of those nights, look for me (John), Eric, Bennett, Robert, Megan -- or just show up, somebody will climb with you.

JL

chrisparedes

Jun 12, 2005, 5:11 PM
Post #5 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb alot in GA and the rest of the southeast and am always looking for partners. I do alot of bouldering and sport climbing mostly. PM me if you wanna climb. I'll be in Roswell all summer just outside of ATL. There is a local crag I climb at and a local boulderfield. I make lots of trips though too.

adoubleyou

Jun 12, 2005, 6:35 PM
Post #6 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for all the replies. I will contact you when I'm in town, and one of my first trips will definitely be Wallcrawlers. I also can't wait to see the local climbing areas. RC.com has some nice pix, and a trip to some of these places sure would be awesome. As much as I will miss my climbing partner here, and all the people I train with (not to forget our awesome climbing shed and sandstone mountain area Ebsandstein), it will also be great to meet new people and see new places.

tenesmus

Jun 12, 2005, 7:01 PM
Post #7 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I'm all about climbing outdoors, but enjoy the crowd in the Gym just the same. So if you don't mind me joining you, please let me know. I heard a lot of good stuff about Wallcrawlers. Tuesdays and Thursdays, right?
Yes, Wallcrawlers is a very cool gym, a good place to climb indoors but also to hook up with people to go on weekend trips. Like you heard, Tuesdays/Thursdays are kind of prime time. I'm there most of those nights, look for me (John), Eric, Bennett, Robert, Megan -- or just show up, somebody will climb with you.

JL
So glad to hear Zach still has a cool thing going. I climbed there for about a year or two after he opened and I had, by far, my biggest gains. He once came back from a month in Yosemite and put up a route called "Easier than 5.9 offwidth" that was at least mid .12. Kind of funny. I used to do so many up and down circuits there. It was a great vibe with good friends who have all since left the scene.

Were it not for the commute to the crags... I sure as hell miss the T-wall.

saxfiend

Jun 12, 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #8 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So glad to hear Zach still has a cool thing going. I climbed there for about a year or two after he opened and I had, by far, my biggest gains. He once came back from a month in Yosemite and put up a route called "Easier than 5.9 offwidth" that was at least mid .12. Kind of funny. I used to do so many up and down circuits there. It was a great vibe with good friends who have all since left the scene.

Were it not for the commute to the crags... I sure as hell miss the T-wall.
Yeah, I think Zach runs a good operation, he really knows his stuff. He's put up some really tough routes since the walls got cleaned for a recent competition. And I've met some great people at Wallcrawlers, very generous with advice for newbie climbers like me. Hope you can get back for a visit sometime.

JL

phippe

Jun 14, 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #9 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi
ich bin seit gestern in ATL und schon dabei, mich nach Kletterpartnern umzusehen. Werde die nächsten 8 Monate im Lande sein.

Suche nach einem Partner für die Halle und draußen...
Meld Dich doch mal wenn Du Lust hast unter philipp (at) mailtonet.de

CU Philipp

slyder

Jun 14, 2005, 1:23 PM
Post #10 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have had an idea! (Strange as it may be...) Anyway, how about everybody in the area gets together for a little climbing 'get together' some weekend after everyone gets into town. I know I'm down to go, and if anyone else is interested PM me or leave a post on this thread. I mostly boulder, but have climbed trad and sport in the past (but it has been a while).

---------------------------------------

Screw work, I want to go climb....

adoubleyou

Jun 14, 2005, 5:38 PM
Post #11 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good idea, slyder. Seems like there are some new people in town, all with the same problems: finding cool people to climb with and getting to the crags worth checking out. For me the weekend around the 17th of July would be great to meet up, but I will go to Wallcrawlers before then for sure. I have to say, I'm quite happy about the responses on this thread, makes it a lot easier for me to leave Germany (not like that's hard anyway - Atlanta rocks!!!)
:)

slyder

Jun 14, 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #12 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool. My only thing is it will probably have to be on a weekend. However, I doubt that will be be a big problem for many people. :) Now the next question, where to go and for how long? I'm down to go for a couple of days if anybody else is, but I can do a single day trip too. Anyhoo, anybody that is interested shoot me a PM or an email at Court_JesterY2K@hotmail.com. If you have AIM, my screen name is Court JesterY2K. Yeah, lets do this!

WAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

adoubleyou

Jun 15, 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #13 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, one of the guys sent me a message making a good point. Since we don't know each other at all, it would probably be a great idea to meet up at Wallcrawlers first. Safety is the number one concern for us climbers, and when we put our lifes in someone else's hands, we want to make sure that person knows what he/she's doing. What better place to get to know each other than a climbing Gym. We can check each other out, maybe find more people to team up and make plans with for a weekend out at the crags. What do you say? Would it be a problem for some of you to come down to the Gym during the week? Me, I'm gonna try to go on the 30th. Anyway, post away, it looks like we'll have a nice crowd judging by the replies on this Thread.

phippe

Jun 16, 2005, 12:27 AM
Post #14 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there,
nice idea to meet up to go climbing. Would like to join if possible since I'm new in town as well!

By the way... is there anybody who likes to join me tomorrow thursday to goto any rock gym.

Just email me to philipp at mailtonet.de or give me a call 404 8610209.

CU Philipp

justsaynototake

Jun 16, 2005, 1:49 AM
Post #15 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I totally agree with the rest of the Wallcrawlers folk. I have tried Atlanta Rocks and it really doesn't compare to the atmosphere you get at Wallcrawlers. Not to mention, I feel the routes are set very nicely in Wallcrawlers. They could sandbag you here and there but that never hurt anyone....ok well maybe you could get hurt if you get sandbagged but just watch yourself and you will be fine. Tuesdays and Thursdays are always the popular nights there but there are more and more people coming on the off nights. Hope to see you around.

--Eric

slyder

Jun 16, 2005, 3:43 AM
Post #16 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, I'm totally down to meet up at Wallcrawler. However, if anyone that has climbed there before can come up with a good time and day, that would be good. I usually do my gym climbing at Escalade in Kennesaw (I go to school at KSU, literally 5 minutes away). Anyway, if any regular at that gym could provide a good time/day, that would be great.

- Brian Kittrell

saxfiend

Jun 16, 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #17 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What do you say? Would it be a problem for some of you to come down to the Gym during the week? Me, I'm gonna try to go on the 30th.
The 30th sounds good, I'll be there!

JL

slyder

Jun 16, 2005, 1:38 PM
Post #18 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

30th? I'll do my best to be there. Anybody have a time preference?

justsaynototake

Jun 16, 2005, 2:18 PM
Post #19 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm freakin always there. I should just get Zack to let me lay out a sleeping bag in the bouldering cave.

adoubleyou

Jun 29, 2005, 2:05 PM
Post #20 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi everybody, long time no post. Some of you already know that I made it to Atlanta after quickly getting some climbing in in Portland - England - now I'm home again :D

So tomorrow (Thursday) is still a good day to meet, it looks like, and perhaps some of you can post a good place to find each other in the gym, some corner, a store or what ever. What is the best time for you guys. I might not have a car until 7.30 or 8, or does anybody live near Clarkston, Stone Mountain?

Anyway, can't wait to meet all of you, see what the climbing community in Atlanta is all about.

slyder

Jun 30, 2005, 1:13 AM
Post #21 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, how about everybody dies their hair a neon color! We could all were clown shoes too! OOO! Or we could all wear the exact same color shirt and shorts, give off that "bad-ass climbing team from another gym" vibe...

Or not... Sorry, I've had a wierd day, and not enough sleep... anyway, 7:30 works for me...

Brian

Partner one900johnnyk

Jun 30, 2005, 2:05 AM
Post #22 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what the fuck is there to miss about atlanta???

saxfiend

Jun 30, 2005, 3:26 AM
Post #23 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
what the f--- is there to miss about atlanta???
To each his own. Don't like it here? Richmond and its exciting railroad buttress climbs breathlessly await your return. :boring:

JL

adoubleyou

Jun 30, 2005, 3:55 AM
Post #24 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
what the f--- is there to miss about atlanta???

How about the people? I met so many really nice ones, but of course there are exceptions :!:

howweirddean

Jun 30, 2005, 5:11 AM
Post #25 of 36 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm all about climbing outdoors, but enjoy the crowd in the Gym just the same.

No offense m'am but why in the heck would you enjoy any crowd? I thought climbing is as much about freedom from crowds as it is anything else.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook