Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Four Flying Apaches, Sedona
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rockunderfoot

Jun 4, 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2517 views)
Shortcut

Four Flying Apaches, Sedona  (North_America: United_States: Arizona: Central: Sedona_Spires)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've found a few web sites listing the beta for Four Flying Apaches, but no how-to-get-there info, and havn't seen it in any guide books I've looked in. Just wondering if anyone would be able to provide directions, or know of a guide that has it.

Thanks!

btraxler

Jun 18, 2005, 6:34 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2517 views)
Shortcut

Re: Four Flying Apaches, Sedona [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

"Four Flying ..." aka. "Sedona Scenic Route" or Gibralter as described on this web site has a description recently entered. Just find it under Sedona Spires. I climbed it about two months ago and was thoroughly impressed by the quality of climbing. Great moves on the first pitch some easy face in the middle and a spicy traverse on the last pitch. The 12 bolt 5.8 sport pitch is one of the best I've done, truly scenic. I give props to the first ascentionist for the amount of work put into setting all the fixed gear. In my opinion one of the best days out in Sedona. The approach can be a little bush wacky per there isn't a set trail (yet, because it will soon be more popular). Just try and stay on trail and follow slick rock up to the base. The description is fairly good. This route is not yet in a guide book. Also give Vertical Relief a call in Flagstaff, they have new route info, good beta, and good people. I wish it could stay a secret! Climb Safe, and enjoy!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook