RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

chico2442

Jul 7, 2005, 3:52 AM
Post #1 of 3 (998 views)
Shortcut

Bald Rock DOME!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Where is it! It evades me!!

I've been to the lunch area.

I've been up the road and on the dirt road that has the Blad Rock dome sign i believe. I've been to the end of that road to a dirt parking lot that leads to a trail that I have also followed for a ways. I can see the dome, but the trail leads down the hillside to the river.

I have heard that the actual trail to the dome is hidden ad not even really a "trail" but more like a soft path.

Anybody got a map?! or what about GPS coordinates of the start of the path?!

Well thanks for any help!!

Jonathan

tradclimber2

Jul 12, 2005, 5:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 (998 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bald Rock DOME!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Jonathan,
The trail you were on, leading into the canyon, is not the trail to the Dome (DUH!) - it leads to curtain or rainbow falls I believe.
The trail leading to the top of the dome is very obscure, as the locals prefer to keep it. I have only been there a couple of times and have difficulty finding the trail. You might check at Mountain Sports in Chico as they have an old guide with directions (not the greatest, mind you).
Not sure if you know about this area or not, but it is very runout (30-50 feet between bolts), no places for pro between bolts, and slabby. Climbing there is NOT for the faint of heart. That said, it is a beautiful area, and the climbing IS pretty awesome.
Sorry I cannot be of more help. You might contact rockvoyager on this forum. He might be able to give you some info.
Ben

N_Oo_B

Jun 7, 2007, 6:13 PM
Post #3 of 3 (443 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradclimber2] Bald Rock DOME!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

since I found this on a search, I figure somebody else might in the future.

The trail to Bald Dome at Feather River is right on the corner of a right hand turn with a small pullout. It's not much of a trail, but it gets you from A to B...

oh well..again... invisable trail basically, but a clearly obvious pullout on the right just after the corner

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook