RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

alpinetrad

Jul 7, 2005, 11:45 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Partners & Beta Around Durango&Telluride
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am moving to Dolores or Durango in a week or so. I am intereted in finding some climbing partners with good experience and knowledge of the local area. I also would like to find any information on the Weminuche wilderness technical climbs. I met a couple of durango climbers a while back in Utah and they seemed like great people and mentioned that there is a good core of climbers in the area and they were developing a new granite crag with HUGE potential, any info?

Thanx in advance
Mike

iceisnice

Jul 8, 2005, 1:18 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing Partners & Beta Around Durango&Tellurid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, live in durango and climb a ton. yes, there is a great core group of climbers here. i head over to Ohpir about once a week and do some climbs at East Animas once or twice a week too. I'm heading up to the Grenadiers next mon and tues for some car-to-car climbs. Probably gonna do Vestal one day, not sure what yet for the other day. i dislocated my should the other day mountain biking so i'll be doing a few easy alpine (no pulling down right now) for at least a week. if you need partners or info let me know. later.

alpinetrad

Jul 8, 2005, 5:10 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

iceisnice,
thanx for the reply. I wont be needing partners until I move down and find a place to live (hard to find a good place so far) in a week or so. I would like to find info on Monitor peak and Electric peak. Both look like they hold some good lines. Vestal is a very enjoyable climb/solo, can be done in 16 hours car-to-car from elk park!
hope the shoulder heals
mike

iceisnice

Jul 8, 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

monitor has some sweet routes, only 4 that i know of. all are pretty much variations of the original Stettner line. Electric has a few good roues too. Others you might want to check out are the West Ridge of Knifepoint, North Face of Silex, North Face of Eolus and some routes on Turret and Pigeon. They are all technical routes in the 5.7-5.9 ranges.

dsjourney

Jul 12, 2005, 1:55 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey mike
i dont know where you are moving from but there will be a beth rodden and tommy caldwell slide show in carbondale colorado on friday night july 15th. I know that it would be a trek from d-town but we have thousands of dollars worth of gear to give away in the raffle. there is also an after hours show at the balck nugget with the band cyote gospel. check out the posting on this site for more info or e-mail me a mojohorizon@hotmail .com

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook