RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

frankp

Sep 10, 2001, 5:23 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Toproping places in the SouthEast
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I was wondering were can I get info about places that are setup for toproping in the southeast US. Location , dificulty, access and that type of things.

Thanks in advance.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 10, 2001, 5:25 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Toproping places in the SouthEast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This should help you out.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/

It's a great feature of this site.

jsm280

Sep 10, 2001, 7:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Toproping places in the SouthEast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in atlanta and climb all over the southeast.

The best book to get for the southeast is the dixie craggers atlas by Chris Watford. This book gives you a great breakdown of ga, tenn, and alabama the places to climb, topo maps, ratings, needed gear. There is another book just on North Carolina whic is great (I have not been to most of the climbs NC...)

All and all I have found Sandrock to be the best place around (you just have to over look the loacals and the trash). LOT's and LOT's of all types of climbing, different types of rock, and Lots of toprope from easy 5-5 to 5-13. There are some 5-5 scrambles to get to the top of some of the climbs, but from there you can reach many of the shunts and set up toprops. There are also many trees and horns to sling for setting up topropes. Lots of sport routes and lots of trad. Over all it's the only place in the southeast I know where you can climb for a year and still find new routes. Top ropeing, sport and Trad leading anything you want.

There are some other places, not as much to climb in a single area with the amount of diveristy...
Oh Yea, the first climb is about 50 ft from the parking lot and within a few hundred feet from the parking lot you will find 50 or so climbs of all ratings. and even great bouldering. Then you can walk half mile to a mile in a half in each direction and have all types of climbing even some cavelike stuff.

to help, carry out some trash each time you go in. There are dumpsters at the parking lot.

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook