Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

esallen

Jul 8, 2005, 6:24 PM
Post #101 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Re: The most recent route you've climbed... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Excessive Bail- 11.a Rock Canyon, UT. Very fun lead. Fell once in the crux on my first lead attempt.

Eric

krga20

Jul 9, 2005, 1:21 AM
Post #102 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

118 bolts clipped last weekend. I have to say that it was in boulder canyon...not my favorite place.

Yesterdays total was 24 after work! Off to Ouray for the weekend...

justsaynototake

Jul 18, 2005, 7:57 PM
Post #103 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
As my belayer lowered me I heard a slow clap begin. As the applause rose I thought to myself, "now I am complete...now I can die a happy life"
What a great climbing epic, Eric! I'm glad I'm able to rate posts today. I was going to tell about my latest climb (BellSouth Tower, 16 flights of stairs, very runout), but after your story, I'm speechless.

JL

PS -- You know, that WallCrawler route is a sandbagged 5.7. Zach says it should really be more like a 5.8a.

Ya know, I meant to do that pitch in the BellSouth Tower. But something about the fact that there is just no protection ANYWHERE in the entire 16 flights. I got about two steps up and the 'Elvis-legs' kicked in and I said, "forget this." Maybe next time you do the BellSouth Tower, you can set up a toprope for me. :lol: Until then I will have to take the elevator to the top (aka, the newbie route).

--Eric

maimed

Jul 19, 2005, 3:25 AM
Post #104 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gelsa in the pouring rain Sunday afternoon. Now maybe I can spawn & die.

musicman

Jul 19, 2005, 4:06 AM
Post #105 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Today, Primal Magic, 5.11something up American Fork Canyon. Got through the crux moves, was uber-pumped and tried to make an incredibly desperate clip and pull up an armload of slack. Well, right as i felt my fingers touch the carabiner i felt my feet pop and off i went, 30 feet down, after that, i pulled back up, took a short breather at the bolt, and finished the route. Needless to say, i didn't get back on it today, i'm not gonna lie, i was scared, but now i'm beating myself up over it and can't wait until monday to get back on it!

korrigan

Jul 19, 2005, 2:18 PM
Post #106 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The last one I did was the pretty long "Snoozing Suzie" at Symmond's Yat, where I was spending the day learning lead climbing for the first time.

This route was the second route I ever climbed when I started rock climbing about 10/11 weeks ago. It scared the shit out of me then, since I was very afraid of heights and had only done a *really* basic route before this one.

And now I've gone and led the bastard! Coming to the top of it and seeing the setting sun over the Wye Valley trees just made my day - this was the best day climbing I've ever had!

hammerhead

Jul 19, 2005, 2:41 PM
Post #107 of 107 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I did Classic Corner Crack at Logtown quarry in Lisbon Ohio. It's only about 35-40 feet and it's a 5.4-5.5. It's about a fist sized crack and part of it is an offwidth. It can be climbed in the crack or like a face climb. Next time I want to stay in the crack and traverse over to Bursitis. Hey, I just started leading this past spring. I've led this route 3 or 4 times.
I got to get back to the RRG!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook