off_center

Jul 13, 2005, 8:55 AM
Post #26 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Re: Christian Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm mostly an Apathetisist.

Anyone else feel the same way? We should all get together and . . . eh, never mind.

toejam

Jul 13, 2005, 9:49 AM
Post #27 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord FOREVER!!!!!

Speaking for those of us who will be left behind when the rapture happens and y'all get whisked away up to heaven....could you bump up the timetable a little bit and leave us your gear? kthx

jcshaggy

Jul 13, 2005, 11:48 AM
Post #28 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I get the distinct feeling that R.C.com has been targeted by a strange group of individuals. Thanks for the laugh. One post actually said some crap about freedom of speech in their country-This is the United States of Internet.

Oh, and I drink beer and climb but not always in that order. Somedays the beer is more, and on other days the rock is more.

jlc325i

Jul 13, 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #29 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll take Santa or the Easter Bunny over god. I think religion, in time, will come to be worthless. It's only there to explain the unexplainable (and to keep medieval corrupt on top). Look at all past beliefs/religions and how they have been cycled out. What makes christianity any better than the rest; Its open-endedness and overlying lack of proof? We are our own gods, and may science lead us.

I always thought really religious people sound like heavy druggies. God helps me get up cliffs. I praise him every time i reach the top. I couldn't do anything without him.

bigjonnyc

Jul 13, 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #30 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
.... to thank the lord for ensuring that good god fearin' folks such as myself, justineus and co., and pretty much the entire bible belt of the u.s...is guaranteed a life of eternal salvation, TOGETHER!...b/c i know that being in the company of these fine people and every other f'ckin boyscout who ever lived could only be construed as eternal paradise, and it is there, where we can pity and mock the scores of humans in all of history who went to hell for simply not having the option of accepting the lord jesus into their hearts

Not all boyscouts are Christians.

onsight_endorphines

Jul 13, 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #31 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you know that every time you masturbate God kills a kitten?

Please keep that crap away from me. I did the Jesus thing for over 10 years, it was pointless to my life. If you quote a verse to me at the crag and I didn't inquire, well, don't try it.

In reply to:
Climbing = Better, cause it is real

Nuff said.

noshoesnoshirt

Jul 13, 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #32 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm mostly an Apathetisist.

Anyone else feel the same way? We should all get together and . . . eh, never mind.

Personally, I'm a Bootyist.

Partner j_ung

Jul 13, 2005, 12:34 PM
Post #33 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

j_ung moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung moved this thread from General to Community.

I'm not sure, but I doubt the word "climbing" has appeared in this thread since the first page. Non-Christians, you be civil. Christians, you be civil, too.

Partner taualum23

Jul 13, 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #34 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Right, but they are allowed to deny you membership or promotion if you do not believe in God.

12volt_man

Jul 13, 2005, 1:36 PM
Post #35 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Right, but they are allowed to deny you membership or promotion if you do not believe in God.

Coming into the debate a little late but I believe j-ung is correct, the Boyscouts require a belief in God as a membership requirement or at least it is fundamental to their mission statement.

Partner taualum23

Jul 13, 2005, 1:38 PM
Post #36 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Coming into the debate a little late but I believe j-ung is correct, the Boyscouts require a belief in God as a membership requirement or at least it is fundamental to their mission statement.

And for my next trick, I will become thorne!

flipnfall

Jul 13, 2005, 2:13 PM
Post #37 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Re: j_ung moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm not sure, but I doubt the word "climbing" has appeared in this thread since the first page.

I said "Climbers" twice. Does that count?

In reply to:
Did you know that every time you masturbate God kills a kitten?

Hmmm. I don't ever remember being taught that. Thanks for the advice. I'll stop today. I can't begin to imagine the carnage I've caused.

BTW: climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing...

*Just in case I hadn't used that word yet.

GT

Partner j_ung

Jul 13, 2005, 2:18 PM
Post #38 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
BTW: climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing...

(sigh) Alright... I'll move it back to General. :twisted:

shakylegs

Jul 13, 2005, 2:23 PM
Post #39 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I'm not sure, but I doubt the word "climbing" has appeared in this thread since the first page.

I said "Climbers" twice. Does that count?

This is also at least the second time you've mentioned barely concealed fear/disdain of homosexuals. Care to share?

Methinks there's a glass door on that closet of yours.

flipnfall

Jul 13, 2005, 2:37 PM
Post #40 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This is also at least the second time you've mentioned barely concealed fear/disdain of homosexuals. Care to share?

Methinks there's a glass door on that closet of yours.

Dude, I don't "fear" or "disdain" homosexuals. This is the second time you've been trying to get me to say something like that. Only because you're asking me "to share," I will let you know my thoughts.

NOTE: If anyone else reads this, please know that shakylegs is asking me to post this publically, so don't freak out that I'm "pushing" my views on you. It's my responding to his request.

Shakylegs, according to orthodox Evangelical Christian doctrine, people who are homosexuals are just like everyone else. We believe that being gay is morally wrong, but we don't believe that being gay is worse than any other "sin." When I hear someone who's a homosexual say, "I can't help but be gay, it's who I am," my response is, "You are correct. You are gay and you can't help it." That's because the formal teaching of Jesus was that anyone who sins (with any kind of sin) is in bondage/slavery to that sin. They cannot help but do that sin over and over again. This is why we should have compassion on homosexuals. They are stuck being gay. If we disdain homosexuals as though they are worse than us, Jesus himself said that we won't be forgive of our sins.

Next time some so called Christian acts hatefully toward someone who's gay, let me know and I can send you the actual teachings of the New Testament to help you straighten them out. To repeat, I don't fear or disdain homosexuals. I care (and love) very much for these people and wish for them to have the same enjoyment out of life that I have found being a Christian. I won't push my views on them, but I won't neglect to share my views if people (such as yourself) are willing to listen.

Thanks for the question! :D

GT

petsfed

Jul 13, 2005, 4:23 PM
Post #41 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A good friend of mine is being ACTIVELY smeared by a Christian organization, and I have been accosted by "missionaries" before. In fact, the most polite group seems to be the mormons. I have no use for missionaries, and its insulting to hear that they pray for my soul. I don't want it, you're not doing me any favors asking the man upstairs to change my mind.

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Jul 13, 2005, 4:33 PM
Post #42 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
We believe that being gay is morally wrong, but we don't believe that being gay is worse than any other "sin." When I hear someone who's a homosexual say, "I can't help but be gay, it's who I am," my response is, "You are correct. You are gay and you can't help it." That's because the formal teaching of Jesus was that anyone who sins (with any kind of sin) is in bondage/slavery to that sin. They cannot help but do that sin over and over again. This is why we should have compassion on homosexuals. They are stuck being gay. If we disdain homosexuals as though they are worse than us, Jesus himself said that we won't be forgive of our sins.

Doesn't it seem like a slightly backhanded concession? That your general consensus is that they can't help their lifestyle, so pity them for their inability to rid themselves of sin? I had a friend from Texas once who had been brought up believing that it wasn't a sin to be gay, but it was a sin to have sexual relations if you are gay, because it was sex outside of marriage and gays can't get married.

For the record, regardless of how certain religious groups have hijacked a few phrases from the Bible and run with them, homosexuality is not a sin in the Bible. The word "homosexuality" didn't even exist until the mid 1830s. You have to keep in mind context when you are attempting to literally interpret the Bible. Yes, there are passages alluding to the fear of men having relations with other men. The actual origin of this fear was that it was believed that for a man to have sexual relations with another man would cause him to be sterile, which was understandably seen as a threat to a small population. Basically, as Victor Paul Furnish said, the Bible is a historical document with immeasurable value but requires thoughtful study. The more specific a passage or story is to the time and place where it was written, the less applicable it is today. A nation wouldn't decide modern day foreign policy based on 19th century politics.

While your thoughts seem well intentioned, they are a little off.

vivalargo

Jul 13, 2005, 4:53 PM
Post #43 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He wrote: NOTE: If anyone else reads this, please know that shakylegs is asking me to post this publically, so don't freak out that I'm "pushing" my views on you. It's my responding to his request.

Shakylegs, according to orthodox Evangelical Christian doctrine . . .

I believe he was asking for YOUR views. Views lifted from a text, no matter how sacred, are still second-hand views.

So the question becomes, in the simpliest terms: How do YOU feel about (fill in the blank). The question is not: What do you THINK about (blank), or, can you recite something from the Bible or the Torah on this subject. What, as a separte human being, feel about (blank).

The almost certain fact that you will not reference your own views, feelings or thoughts without vectoring them off external sources is the only thing that makes this thread a trap.

JL

overlord

Jul 13, 2005, 5:07 PM
Post #44 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

thankfully its not like that here. here the national scout organization thats a part of wolrd organization of scout movements doesnt require yo to be religious and is open to all religions.

the catholic scouts have their own organization and that is a part of "world organization of women guides" or something like that. they are not members of WOSM.

iltripp

Jul 13, 2005, 5:21 PM
Post #45 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I like barbequed pork. I do no care all that much for pork chops.

DMT

I think you're full of it, stupid N00b. :wink: You haven't even specified what kind of barbequed pork you like, which clearly shows you are not a very knowledgable barbeque-er.

Since you're a west coaster (i think), I assume you are not talking about Carolina BBQ, in which case, you have absolutely no reference point from which to speak.

Carolina BBQ is, of course, the best there is, so unless you've tried it, don't come into a thread and start spraying about pork...

You may all resume talking about old white men in the sky now...

thorne
Deleted

Jul 13, 2005, 5:36 PM
Post #46 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I like barbequed pork. I do no care all that much for pork chops.

DMT

I think you're full of it, stupid N00b. :wink: You haven't even specified what kind of barbequed pork you like, which clearly shows you are not a very knowledgable barbeque-er.

Since you're a west coaster (i think), I assume you are not talking about Carolina BBQ, in which case, you have absolutely no reference point from which to speak.

Carolina BBQ is, of course, the best there is, so unless you've tried it, don't come into a thread and start spraying about pork...

Nice work, tripper. Way to represent.

Carolina BBQ is the original. All others are mere spinoffs. Anyone who says different is quite simply... FULL OF SHIT!!!

What really matters is your preference - Eastern or Western?

dookie

Jul 13, 2005, 5:44 PM
Post #47 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="flipnfall]This is why we should have compassion on homosexuals. They are stuck being gay.I would like to thank flip for the coffee all over my screen.
Sincerely,
Stuck Straight

bwwwwwhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! :lol:

slablizard

Jul 13, 2005, 6:24 PM
Post #48 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:roll:
NOT...............AGAIN!!!

NUFF with the religious Crap! Get a Life! A Girflriend! A dog! But stop it!

cloudbreak

Jul 13, 2005, 6:35 PM
Post #49 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/media/E-Darwin.gif

pinktricam

Jul 13, 2005, 6:44 PM
Post #50 of 100 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rock on Justineous :!: Great post, bro'.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook